rc addicts

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

rc addicts

Post by ttocs »

I was suprised to see the setup that a couple of you had in the other posts. I have just got back into rc cars with a slash 4x4 and slowly investing more into it as time goes on. That is my only one at the moment but I would love to hear what everyone has?

I recently decided to get out of the rc airplane/heli area as the new place I moved to doesn't have much good weather and the field is too far away. I have 2 DX6i radios and some spektrum recievers that I am going to sell if anyone can use them.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

As you know I have a Traxxas Slash 2wd. Other than replacing the burnt out motor with a Checkpoint Money (brushed 19T), I haven't done anything to it. It's pretty much perfectly balanced just the way it is.

The only issue is that I am getting really tired of my NiCD/NiMH batteries going weak after a month of use. I would love to switch to LiPo but my ESC and charger don't support it, and I really don't feel like pouring money into it to make it work.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I was using lipo when I was flying rc so it was easy to switch over. I had a nitro rustler over 10 yrs ago but it is nothing like my slash on 3s lipo. The prices of the lipos that I order has gone down in the last few years. I spent $70 each on the 2s 40c that I use for races but the 3s 30c was only $30 each. I have only dared put the high speed gear in it one time as it had to be close to 60 and you need a big parking lot to keep it under control at that speed.

I have started painting rc bodies for fun and now have the airbrush and vinyl cutter for it. If you want a body done let me know as I am doing them for free for practice in hopes of getting something started later.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Thats a cool offer, thanks! But I can't really justify the cost of cosmetically altering a toy I only play with on occasion. Even just the clear shell and shipping would be over the top.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Right now I do have a FG Marder 1/5 for normal (ab)use. Not my car on pic, but it is the same type...

All monstertrucks are sold (Traxxas T-Max, Kyosho Madforce, Kyosho USA-1), so I have a Kyosho Inferno 1/8 buggy left.

I also have a 1/8 asphalt-racer that I have "build" myself - on a Kyosho Landmax 2 platform. That car has 2x25 Force engines (those were the first 25 engines that was released), 3-gear tranny. triple vented discs front, dual vented discs rear. All hop-ups needed to rule the track... Cool as hell, but never time left to use it....
Attachments
Marder_Race_5.jpg
Marder_Race_5.jpg (110.91 KiB) Viewed 4803 times
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

Random timing for this topic. Planning on picking up a traxxas slash 1/16" tomorrow for my sons birthday.

Sounds like we made a good choice..

semi-OT.. why is there no such thing as a decent RC car in stores? what the fuck is "new bright."

fucking walmarts.
I'm afraid of widths.
tonym

Post by tonym »

I started off with a traxxas ...then bought an airplane...then thought ....

its easy to make a heli fly like a plane ...

but a bitch to make a plane fly like a heli

so I started to buy heli's

ATM I have 8 in all
6 flying
2 in building
4 are nitro 4 electric

Also have 4 planes

Helps to know the owner of a kick ass hobby shop also....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the only decent cars are at the hobby shops as they have the parts to support repairing and rebuilding them. Unfortunatly they always rape you for %20-40 more then anyplace online
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I have the following R/C stuff...

Team Losi LXT stadium truck
Xray M18 on road car
Tamiya Bullhead monster truck
Graupner Systems Cat (boat)
Proboat Blackjack 26 SS (boat)
And a halfway built JAE12g nitro outrigger (boat)

My problem is I only have one set of radio gear, so I can only install it on one thing at a time. Consequently I use pretty much none of my R/C stuff ever.

I just ordered a 2.4Ghz system which can link to 7 or so models, and that will hopefully solve my problem. I just need to order a bunch of receivers at $60 a pop, so that will take some time to save up.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
todd217

Post by todd217 »

here are my rc cars/trucks fg mt5 with a ported 29cc fg beetle with a 28.5cc and a 2 speed tranny and a hpt baja 5t . and for those of you that have never seen largescales like pedi and i have check the 3rd pic. its a traxxas stampede
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

i used to have a kyosho raider
looked just like this one.........got stolen out of my car a couple years back.
been thinkin about gettn anothe car.
Attachments
raider.jpg
raider.jpg (71.97 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Wow, that raider takes me back. Forget that one even existed.

My first car was a Kyosho Ultima II. What Kyosho of similar vintage was off road and front wheel drive?
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
tonym

Post by tonym »

some of my old stuff

Image[/url]