I Phone 4G

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
JK

I Phone 4G

Post by JK »

Man! It feels so good to have the new IPhone. When the IPhone came out a few year ago I ran down and grabed it. I got 2 of them. I never did much with it as far as the net and stuff. I just used it for text and phone. I missed around with it a little but nothin much. After awhile my calls kept cuttin out. A year later my bill was around a grand. It never got cheaper it just kept costing more. I went down there and went back in forth with them about the cost and explained how the calls kept droppin and my minutes were way more than they should be. Not to mention I was on my third phone at the time. They ended up doing nothing for the bill. It stayed the same. I got pissed and droped there service. I went to sprint. I got a touch screen and unlimited minutes for 99 a month. The phone I got was nothin like the IPhone. After 2 years I got the new IPhone 4G. WOW! It feels so good to have it back. It's come along way... I have everything connected to it. Emails and all. The best thing is I can go on the forum whenever I want and buy stuff off the net. I should of done this a long time ago.
JK

Post by JK »

The best thing is. I did this topic from my phone..
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Yeah, I am satisfied with my Iphone 4 aswell... I had a HTC HD2 earlier, so I miss the big screen - but the Iphone is more easy to use.

I bought one for my GF aswell, which had a Iphone 3GS - and she is way more satisfied with the new one. And she really loved the 3GS....
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'm still refusing to be strapped to a cell phone period...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I'm the only person I know that doesn't have one.... My daughter even has a cell phone. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

i love my iphone 4g
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

SLAVES!!!!!!!!!

That's probly the main reason I don't have one..... Once ya got it....ya can't live without it...... Thats what I've seen anyhow.....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I just got one too. Only the second cell phone that I've owned. So far so good, but I already knew enough about the iOS platform from using an iPod touch to know I would like the iPhone.

This was also typed from my phone hehe.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

iPhone guys make sure you check out TouchBB... it makes reading the forum a lot easier. Costs 99c though. Unfortunately there arent many other choices for PHPBB2... would have to upgrade the forum to PHPBB3 in order to get other apps to work.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I love the igeeks I know. 3 times a week they have to show me what they spent 99 cents on for some new app like I give a shit. If they are so awsome then howcome you have to limit the text mess length or it splits them up?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

I will get one soon. I have had an iphone since september 2007. It's funny, now all I do is make phone calls with it and check traffic :lol: The novelty has totally worn off. Don't get me wrong, I won't buy another type of phone, but now it's just a tool to make phone calls with and check the traffic.

But the screen on the iphone4 is just freakin' fantastic! I love it!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
JK

Post by JK »

Yeah! I use to love typin in #'s in my pager to spell out different meanings. Then I got that prime co phone. That seemed to be the start of cell phones. IMO. It's crazy how far they have come. Up till now I never used the net on my phone. Shit! I'm stuck now... What's screwed up is like when your in a car that don't have navigation and you start depending on it and your so lost. It happened to me. At that time I realized I was fucked. What happen to the good ol days of just remembering your surroundings to guide you. Technology has just come so far. I honestly wish I would of got more involved with computers several years back. When I was in Cali I rented that camaro. All I had to do was push a button on the mirror and a person starts asking where would you like to go. You tell them and then directions are given step by step as u drive. At that point I was thinking what would you need navigation for havin this. I wonder what's next????
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:I love the igeeks I know. 3 times a week they have to show me what they spent 99 cents on for some new app like I give a shit. If they are so awsome then howcome you have to limit the text mess length or it splits them up?
That's a limitation of the SMS protocol, not the iPhone :lol:

99 cents is really breaking the bank... I have to choose between apps and food sometimes!
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

i got touch bb light and it wont let me post from my phone....

maybe i need to buy the app to be able to post
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

stipud wrote:
ttocs wrote:I love the igeeks I know. 3 times a week they have to show me what they spent 99 cents on for some new app like I give a shit. If they are so awsome then howcome you have to limit the text mess length or it splits them up?

99 cents is really breaking the bank... I have to choose between apps and food sometimes!
if it is just a simple program thing then howcome there isn't an app for that? Never had to worry about my text length until the wonderfull Ipuke came out.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

ttocs wrote:
stipud wrote:

if it is just a simple program thing then howcome there isn't an app for that? Never had to worry about my text length until the wonderfull Ipuke came out.
It's probably because the carrier you use decided to use the "MMS" protocol for everything, therefore not using the SMS protocol and bypassing it's limitations. ATT on the other hand still uses it. ANY ATT phone that uses SMS to send a text will have this limitation. The actually phone might be smart enough to translate that's it bigger than 140 characters and then send it via the MMS protocol, but the iphone doesn't to that by default. If you send a pic on the iphone, you can send basically as many characters as you want since it is using the MMS protocol.

What many people don't realize is that the SMS protocol is actually using the VOICE side of the phone not the DATA side. SMS use 0 data. It's piggy backed onto the voice side of the phone, so that is why it's limited to 140 characters as well. SMS was originally used to send people a voicemail notification and nothing more, but then the carriers realized they could exploit it and charge people for it when it costs them NOTHING. And texting was born

MMS on the other hand use data and therefore cost the carriers money to use, but it also allows you to use more characters and send pics and what not as well. It was the evolution of SMS because SMS sucks and is very limited. But ATT still uses SMS because it's free to them and they are cheap bastards.

I used to work for T-mobile in their Tier 3 support, so I got to learn all about cell technology and all that jazz. It's interesting stuff, but I hated the job...

Hope that helps explain it a little...

Oh and the iphone rocks no matter what anybody says, regardless of the carrier :lol: :P
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
rednike

You guys are so luck

Post by rednike »

As topic...

You wouldnt believe how hot the iphone 4G now asia and how difficult to get one...

People would pay USD$1500 for an UK unlocked iphone 4G back in May/June...

Last time I checked, people are still selling the unlock iphone 4G for around USD$800 here in China.....

The only advantage here in China is you can get the accessories really cheap, like the clear sheld is like USD$4 each...

I am quit happy with my Iphone 3G now, been used for almost 3 years now and still working just fine....
Outlaw x1
Roadster x1
Octane x1
Reactor x1
Ti 400.2x1
Ti 600.2x1
ZX475 x1
Ti 2500.1 x1
----------------------------
2010 Toyota Highlander 3.5 4WD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

wanna start accepting some packages of iphones? :shock:
Jerome

Post by Jerome »

i don't like this apple gear. i'm absolutely no apple-fanatic.... I used to have a HTC HD2, an awesome phone, but now i took a smaller one; i swapped to Sony Ericsson with the Xperia X10 mini pro. also a good one i think!
JK

Post by JK »

so! on the mms oppition. i can send out on it. should i use it?
JK

Post by JK »

ttocs wrote:wanna start accepting some packages of iphones? :shock:
i can get it unlocked and i can get 3 more now..... :idea:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I like Apple stuff, but (I hope!) it's not a religion for me. I may tout what I think are the benefits, I may discuss the positives and negatives and I may even call people out when I believe they are spreading misinformation or lies but it's not like I'm going to hate on anyone because they use a different device or computer.

So far, so good with the iPhone 4. It has awesome battery life. If it's at 100% when I wake up, it's at 50% when I go to bed. That alone makes me smile.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
JK

Post by JK »

i love it but my batery is dying every night. i need to charge it before i go to bed... i have been on it all day everyday though.....