anyone else have a gopro?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

anyone else have a gopro?

Post by ttocs »

curious if anyone else has one that has any more experience them me and has any tips? I decided a few moths ago to finally get one and got a hero2 that I have been enjoying mainly taking video of my mustang clubs weekend meet ups. Probably going to end up the club videographer if it keeps going like this.

This was just me playing around with the camera and my air ride to show some friends in a mustang form that have been curious about it.

This one was a poker run that our club crashed. 150 bikes and 6 mustangs made for a great time. We did open them up a bit on one nice stretch of road 3:30 into it that had me wishing I had completed the install for the new radar detector.

Last edited by ttocs on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Starunit10

Re: anyone else have a gopro?

Post by Starunit10 »

Love me my sony home audio/video, but I am looking at getting the jvc adixxion action cam. Does your gopro have an exo case ?
Collection Growing..........
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

fixed the links so you can see the vids now.

Sony just came out with an action cam to compete and it costs less but I have heard mixed reactions from them. exo case - I assuem you mean the hard case the camera goes inside of? I think they all come with one but I got the motorsports package which comes with the suction cup mount, case and a bunch of little crap to hook it all up.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

yes thats what I speak of , I think its a better idea to have that case. extra protection from damage.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the gopro is so small that its hard to do standard videos. Its really easy to get your fingers in the frame, smear the lense, and really easy to drop it. its just too small to really be usefull as a standard video camera unless you make a handle for it which is easy to do. Now the case though is no joke that thing is made like a brick shit house and here is the proof.

There are alot of DIY projects for the gopro you can check out online. I got an idea online to do this video and was happy with how it came out.

All I did was take a 1 hr kitchen timer and took it apart and epoxied the 1/4-20 nut I needed on the bottom to connect the tripod mount for the camera too. Wind it up, push play and it will turn 360 degrees in an hour.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:All I did was take a 1 hr kitchen timer and took it apart and epoxied the 1/4-20 nut I needed on the bottom to connect the tripod mount for the camera too. Wind it up, push play and it will turn 360 degrees in an hour.
Sweet idea, looks neat!
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

yes that is a neat trick ! looks pretty kool !!
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

I bought a Contour ROAM last x-mas for $89 for my dirt biking and love that thing. Easy to use and the picture quality is amazing.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

trying to figure out how to get the nook to work on with the new wifi app tonight. It alows for remote viewing from a tablet and full control. I see it being cool as hell if the glitches do not kill it...