We're back!

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Re: We're back!

Post by nico boom »

Quote; [Stipud] It's only another $5/mo, which I can literally pay for with my bathroom break .

Does that mean you're spending a hour sitting there, or are you doing other things in there that brings cash.... :hmm:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

nico boom wrote:Quote; [Stipud] It's only another $5/mo, which I can literally pay for with my bathroom break .

Does that mean you're spending a hour sitting there, or are you doing other things in there that brings cash.... :hmm:
Both. I run a subscriber based webcam in the bathroom... You wouldn't believe how many people pay to watch me poop!

JK I have some standards ;)
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

stipud wrote:
nico boom wrote:Quote; [Stipud] It's only another $5/mo, which I can literally pay for with my bathroom break .

Both. I run a subscriber based webcam in the bathroom... You wouldn't believe how many people pay to watch me poop!

JK I have some standards ;)

LOL, i wouldn't be surprised if there's people out there that pay to watch a grown ass man poop.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

:lol: ...... :clap:
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

stipud wrote:Actually there was always a donation link in the Welcome post, but nobody ever reads that :lol:.
there is too ... HERE
I had forgotten about it ..

I did read the welcome thread, but that was ages ago when I got here ...
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Link does not work; it says enter a minimum amount of $10,00........ but even with higher amounts I get the same page telling me that I have to enter a valid amount over $10,00.

Too bad, I just happened to have a few grand too much and thought I'd donate it.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Works for me :?

But yeah, don't all go rush out and donate right away! If it's too expensive with Dreamhost I may still have to find another provider.

I just tried setting up CloudFlare on this site. Hopefully this reduces malicious attacks, and improves page speed even further. The site was already rebooted several times last night due to DDoS... :roll:
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

If it works for you I'm curious howmuch I just donated all together..... :lol:
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Even though I don't post like I used to, I still visit. I'd be happy to kick in a few bucks to keep my internet home open
Boomshackalacka
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Please, no more donations for the time being. I'm still not sure if we will stay with Dreamhost. If not, all that donated money goes bye bye!

After a week of running at 2300mb ram (for free), i've had to cut it down to 300mb. Since the site stays well under that for 99% of the time, that seems to be a good fit. However, there have been enormous, random spikes in CPU/RAM utilization. When these occur, the CPU load increases 500x, and the memory utilization spikes over 1gb. In effect, on a 300mb limit, this brings the site down, and I am forced to reboot it. It's happened twice today already. I don't know what is causing these spikes yet... there is nothing in the server logs that would indicate what is going on. Hopefully I can figure it out before it gets too annoying...
finbar

Post by finbar »

I have 45 days to dispute my donation with Payfoe as of 2/4 , lemme know if. :D
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

finbar wrote:I have 45 days to dispute my donation with Payfoe as of 2/4 , lemme know if. :D
Ah, I was wondering who the other donor was! Thanks man! I think we are covered for a few months at least :lol:
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Stipud [quote]; "I don't know what is causing these spikes yet... there is nothing in the server logs that would indicate what is going on."

.....After work ten-thousands of Chinese people rush home to log in at this forum, download all the manuals and schematics.....for making clones.... :-# ....

OR; ....they all log in to look at our "titties!" thread !

Nico
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

nico boom wrote:Stipud; "I don't know what is causing these spikes yet... there is nothing in the server logs that would indicate what is going on."

.....After work ten-thousands of Chinese people rush home to log in at this forum, download all the manuals and schematics.....for making clones.... :-# ....

OR; ....they all log in to look at our "titties!" thread !

Nico
Impossible! I blocked China, Russia and Ukraine from ever reaching the server. I know some PG guys used the site while they were in China, so I wanted to avoid that, but individually blocking the spammers was nearly impossible.

Strangely enough not a single spike in the last 24h. It was happening twice a day before that! WTF. Only after I set the scripts to monitor them... Fucking computers man. :?
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

"..they know you're watching now Tom..." ...COWARDS!

Hehe... nobody messes with.....THE STIPUD :evil:
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

I know i'm new here,but thank god i finally found some like minded people.If there is anything i can do with anything to help.Please let me know. :)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Just updated the phpbb software to the latest version. Let me know if you guys see anything that isn't working.

Also Tapatalk should be fixed now, but keep in mind (because we are on Cloudflare) you will need to update your bookmark to use www.phoenixphorum.com, otherwise you won't be able to log in!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a lot of "site not found" or cloudflare no cache errors?
finbar

Post by finbar »

It's working for me
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Working fine, but screen tends to go up and down once/ twice after opening every new page.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Same for me, sometimes when changing page it says site not found.
Any idea when the tap talk upgrade will be done?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Drock wrote:Same for me, sometimes when changing page it says site not found.
Any idea when the tap talk upgrade will be done?
It's done... see my post above! Make sure you add www. to your bookmark. You can just search for Phoenix Phorum again in Tapatalk and it should work.
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

I have been checking in on my phone and everything works normal here.
Collection Growing..........