Life is... Too $hort

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Tony_jr_LGND

Life is... Too $hort

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

anybody ever bump this song in their car?
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: Life is... Too $hort

Post by kg1961 »

Its on my ipod. I like old school west coast rap
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

kg1961 wrote:Its on my ipod. I like old school west coast rap
Salute, you have the whole album?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Tony_jr_LGND wrote:
Im sure i do same with cocktail and blow your whistle
2020 honda accord sport
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

kg1961 wrote:
Tony_jr_LGND wrote:
Im sure i do same with cocktail and blow your whistle
That's amazing i was surprised i didn't see a hip hop section in this forum
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Im sure there is alot of us. Im geto boys, twista, e40, 2pac, 2short, luniz, spice 1 ect. I have been hocked since 1989 with.easy e and ice t my wife thinks im to old now 37 but still bumping it
2020 honda accord sport
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

kg1961 wrote:Im sure there is alot of us. Im geto boys, twista, e40, 2pac, 2short, luniz, spice 1 ect. I have been hocked since 1989 with.easy e and ice t my wife thinks im to old now 37 but still bumping it
feels better to find another rap fan, i mean no offense but i never thought it was cool to bump some of this techno\club stuff i seen some members post,
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

there are a few of us! roldy is a big hip hop head too!
portland is a fun place to bump hiphop since we're so white lol

Here's a pandora station i made!
http://www.pandora.com/station/play/1498458805923637279
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I just imagine most of you here listening too this like micheal Bolton on office space for some reason.

I can get into some old school stuff, but I KNOW I look like that guy when I listen too it...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Tony_jr_LGND wrote:
kg1961 wrote:Im sure there is alot of us. Im geto boys, twista, e40, 2pac, 2short, luniz, spice 1 ect. I have been hocked since 1989 with.easy e and ice t my wife thinks im to old now 37 but still bumping it
feels better to find another rap fan, i mean no offense but i never thought it was cool to bump some of this techno\club stuff i seen some members post,

Amen. My fiance also thinks i am too old to listen to my music but i dont care. Its what i like. All of the above mentioned are classic and regulars on my playlists. I am a huge Tupac fan, I have every album he ever put out, including some released after his death. Including his first appearance on Digital Undergrounds, "This is an EP release". Same Song is the track if you are looking. He started out as a roadie for those guys.

Also dig Big L, Craig Mack, Common Sense, Ice Cube, Nas, EPMD, Nate Dogg. So many greats.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Drock

Post by Drock »

X2 :)
Drock

Post by Drock »

My best memories are sitting in my first mustang in my parents driveway blasting ghetto boys knowing full well it drove them nuts. Unfortunately i had to try a couple times to get a licence. So I spent a little more time in the driveway than my parents would have liked. Lol
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Oh shit, ghetto boys as in scarface? Never seen a man cry until I seen a man die. Hate to say it but we all know (at least those who have actually taken the time to listen to Tupac) that Tupac was probably the realest rapper of his day. He kept it real, rapped about the truth and how people suffer and not to mention his family had ties to the Black Panther Party. His aunt is FBI's NUMBER ONE most wanted fugitive (I wonder why, I believe the government set her up but that just my opinion).

Tupac, Grandmaster Flash, Kurtis Blow, KRS ONE, The Coup are on my top 5 list of the realest rappers out there.

Please take the time to listen to The Coup's "Fat Cats, Bigger Fish"....that song pretty much explains it how it is in America, just when you think you where doing it big....Big Brother is bending you over and letting you have it.

OH yeah, and Dead Prez (hell yeah and propaganda are some of their hardest hardcore truth telling hits).
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

LOL, "I got five on it". Sorry I had to bring up that hit.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

trickyricky wrote: Tupac was probably the realest rapper of his day.
I would venture to say that this is not only true for HIS day, but ever since! There is something to be said for an artist who raps about real life and not solely about his signing bonus and how much "paper" he has. I hate that shit.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Tony_jr_LGND

Post by Tony_jr_LGND »

ttocs wrote:I just imagine most of you here listening too this like micheal Bolton on office space for some reason.

I can get into some old school stuff, but I KNOW I look like that guy when I listen too it...
hahaha what show is this?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

office space.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I do very little hip hop/rap. The only 2pac song I like is California. I like Eminem as he says it like it is and very little Dre. OS Coolio in gangster's paradise.

A lot of that style music to me is to wannabe,
My roots are in metal and that's where they'll stay.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

smgreen20 wrote:I do very little hip hop/rap. The only 2pac song I like is California. I like Eminem as he says it like it is and very little Dre. OS Coolio in gangster's paradise.

A lot of that style music to me is to wannabe,
My roots are in metal and that's where they'll stay.

Please tell me your not referring to the hit "California Love" :naughty: , but actually meant "To Live and Die in LA" :pray: . Those are two very different hits from Tupac....one is real the other is more commercial hype (reading the lyrics of California Love makes no sense and seem pretty weak when compared to To Live and Die in LA). Just my opinion :wink: .

Here's a video I found on youtube. Around 1:18 of the video Tupac is asked who are his role models....your in for a surprise on who he mentions first.

Don't know who ASSATA SHAKUR IS??

She is FBI's #1 MOST WANTED. Conspiracy??? I think not....the FBI took Tupac and now they want his aunt....they where afraid of what Tupac could of done (he could of started a movement and millions would of followed...I believe that was his plan). After all his whole family that raised him where members of the Black Panther Party.
BrianUK

Post by BrianUK »

Love 2 PAC , started listening to him when I was 15,still listen at 39.
Funny had pacs life on in my car today
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

aaaaah the good ole day....lol my wife thinks the same thing!
Drock

Post by Drock »

Lol. X3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk