n00b here.

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
aifresno

n00b here.

Post by aifresno »

Hello all, my name is Ryan Autry. I own a retail store here in Fresno, California. We were a Phoenix Gold dealer from 2001 - 2005 and then again from 2011 - present.

I heard about this forum from a friend. I'm fairly excited about sharing with you all some of our findings and experiences with not only the old PG product but the new stuff as well.
dvnt88

Re: n00b here.

Post by dvnt88 »

Welcome fellow PG enthusiast. :clap:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Welcome. First do you have any PG old stock you would like to sell? Thanks. Chris.
aifresno

Post by aifresno »

groundpounder wrote:Welcome. First do you have any PG old stock you would like to sell? Thanks. Chris.
I don't, unfortunately. :(
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

groundpounder wrote:Welcome. First do you have any PG old stock you would like to sell? Thanks. Chris.
Haha, you read my mind.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I lol'd :D

Welcome dude! How are you liking the new product?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Just scored a nice grey MS-275 on ebay for $114.44 free shipping.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

groundpounder wrote:Just scored a nice grey MS-275 on ebay for $114.44 free shipping.

Was about to pull the trigger on that one but you beat me to it. Can't beat some deals on ebay, while others are beyond this world (asking 1000.00 for an epicenter).
aifresno

Post by aifresno »

Kirghiz wrote:
I lol'd :D

Welcome dude! How are you liking the new product?
The new product is absolutely amazing. From the R-line to the Elite. I really can't ask for more. I have a build log I'm about to post using some of the new product.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

The R line doesn't really get the love around here because most of this group either runs vintage or high end gear, but it really is great stuff for its price point.

Have you gotten to work with the Ti2 amps yet?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Kirghiz wrote:The R line doesn't really get the love around here because most of this group either runs vintage or high end gear, but it really is great stuff for its price point.

Don't be to quick to say that. Alot of the guys (myself included) use Xenon and RSD gear. But I guess it really depends on your definition of vintage. :lol:
Boomshackalacka
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Francious70 wrote:But I guess it really depends on your definition of vintage. :lol:
I consider anything that is "Pre-AAMP" to be vintage.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

Kirghiz wrote:The R line doesn't really get the love around here because most of this group either runs vintage or high end gear, but it really is great stuff for its price point.

Have you gotten to work with the Ti2 amps yet?
i think this really only stems from when we saw prices for rsd/ryval gear at RIDICULOUSLY low prices because Rodin whored them out to every online outlet they could.

so now when we see R line prices higher (read normal) , it is hard to justify

i have had almost every PG amp (maybe not some LE's) in my hands at some time another, and i still choose run rsd's and XS's in my cars most of the time
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

That theory actually goes both ways. Out in the real world (outside this forum) the R series is a good seller. Compared to everyone else's current entry level gear, the R series is pretty robust, and those that are casual car audio fans, and just "want a little bump" are eating it up. Those that don't have the past experience with the old product (Which is most people), and don't know that the RSD and XS amps are decent in spite of the fact that they can be had for stupid cheap, are actually scared off by the price thinking they're junk.

As for how that effects the conversation here, well, anyone that is here and would run an R series set up is educated enough to go for the RSD gear because it's so much cheaper, and there are enough people here saying good things about RSD that it sways people off the R series.

Honestly though, when conversation is about the new gear it's Elite most of the time, and every once in a while Ti2.