don't ya love it when a weekends turns to shit?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

don't ya love it when a weekends turns to shit?

Post by ttocs »

I really need to stop looking forward to weekend plans as karma has figured out how to use that against me. I have been looking forward to doing the drivers side smooth door handle since now I had an idea what to expect and loved the end result. While I was welding in the patch panel for the door handle and the key hole I realized that I REALLY love this new hobby of welding. not sure why other then its a new talent but from the beginning of cutting/trimming the panels to throwing the sparks to burn them in I just really enjoy it all. Put the cherry on top that the manf liked my light up handles idea enough that they want to feature it on their website and again its all smiles. Besides that project plan I was also supposed to pick up a colt AR15 from gander mountain tonight(Friday night). I am not a gun nut but after talking to a friend that invests in guns and then reading that sales and prices have now dropped from all the excitement last year I decided to invest in a gun or two. Stumbled across the colt used for a fair price and realized that I have no emotional bond to guns so I would have no problem sticking it in the back of the closet to wait for the next ban scare that will drive the price back up to cash in. So while I am not a gun nut what American man would not slightly look forward to getting and shooting an AR right? I finished my welding to fill the hole the old holes made when they were removed and was happy to say I am learning at this and almost ready to say I can weld.

Then I went to dinner and was going to stop by the store on the way home to pick up the AR and some ammo for the weekend. Dinner didn't go so well and I left there and didn't make it home before I started to throw up and typing this from a hospital. I hate it when a plan falls apart like that.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: don't ya love it when a weekends turns to shit?

Post by joerg »

Had plans for the weekend as well, but my back decided to give up on me during work on thursday and i ended up in hospital as well. Now im chained to the bed :roll: and barely able to move.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Drock

Post by Drock »

Hope you guys get better soon.

My weekend will be interesting.

My wife left to New York with her best friend to celebrate there birthdays for the next seven days.

Soooo, lol I'm home alone now with three crazy kids, two of which seem to think they are smarter than me. And the 3 year old just keeps tackling me every 5 sec. Wish I had his energy.

Anyway, all I want to do is go into the shop and try out my newest addition to the family.
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Crap man back and stomach problems are my least fav. At least if you hurt an arm/leg you can just keep from moving it and it will not hurt as bad but stomach/back stuff there is just nothing you can do. My stomach pains get so bad that I am doubled over in a fetal position when I am not puking and its bad enough that I can't just lay there and take it.
Did you do anything to earn that injury or was it one of those things that happened tying your shoe or just around the house?
Drock

Post by Drock »

That sounds terrible Scott, what brings it on?

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

any day that ends in Y. So tomorrow I am ok, but sunday I am screwed... There isn't one particular thing in general that does it, well ok there are things that would cause it but of course I avoid them but it still happens. I am hyper sensitive to incense and perfumes to the point that if you saw how my churches incense set me off you would be sure I was possessed. Different foods will do it but this weeks flair up I have no idea what caused it.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Wow. Weird how the body acts in different ways with different people.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

what is weird is how the body changes. I use to be an alter-boy years ago and carried that incense and it didn't bug me. Now its just not uncommon for what I ate yesterday and was fine with will make me sick as shit today. Yes it sucks but I try to keep it in perspective and remember it could be worse, and can and probably still will get worse. I am just thankful for having such a great family to help me and just take it hour/hour.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Yikes. I hope you start to get better soon. That sounds most unpleasant.

Today I had an auction, and tomorrow, which is my only day off this week, I get to spend the whole day working on a building (hanging lights, and prepping for paint) so I can get my new business opened. I'm not one that enjoys that kind of work. I expect to spend all of my upcoming nights over the next few weeks there too.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

only been 24 hrs and I am still puking every other hour. Starting to settle down now and maybe tomorrow I will even be able to eat something. This has been a good hospital visit though if there is such a thing. The ER was really fast for some reason. I got in and saw the Dr and had my first dose of meds in only 90 mins. I was amazed that I was in admitted to a room after only 2.5 hrs. Shit I have spent 8 hrs alone in the er trying to get meds...