its just amazing to me how many dr's are still think pot=bad

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

its just amazing to me how many dr's are still think pot=bad

Post by ttocs »

My dr is one of them. I can't believe that they/he can intentionally turn a professionally trained blind eye at the continued facts that keep coming up. I figured that dealing with me that he had read the article about pot and chrones disease but no, had no idea they did one and didn't even really want to hear the results. It was amazing how backwards he is with what he believes, said its a bad drug. I asked him how he would define a bad drug and he said one that can kill you orause you too change. I fired back he might want to reconsider that definition since someone in the us dies ever 19 mins to a safe prescription drug................. I also said that almost any drug will change you and for this one it allows me to not have so much stomach pain, increases my appitite and allows me to eat. Yea that's some mind altering shit for sure...

This guy is nice honestly. I like him in general and want to keep him but I am not sure if he could/would ever change this opinion. I think he has his crucifix wrapped a little too tight and studies hemp madness just a few too many times.

soon it will be legal and not a problem. I dream of those days

Personally I see it legalized in the next 5 yrs. Colorado making 20mil in march while saving the cost of the drug war and jailing them will also add up. Will not be long before everyone wants in on that.

I can't wait till I can get/grow something nice/clean with some love rather then the compressed Kentucky ditch weed. Found a little from
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
RayBuck

Re: its just amazing to me how many dr's are still think pot

Post by RayBuck »

That sucks man not sure what else to say.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I bet he is old fart....from the refer madness days lol. The USA government spread marijuana propaganda, saying that smoking marijuana would make you go CRAZY and kill/rape innocent people. Funny how that sounds more like the legal drug alcohol.

I remember when I was a teen I grew some....had about 9 plants all in 5 gallon buckets with top of the grade soil. Read a lot of good info on them, pretty much on how to treat them and cure them. Had a blast doing it too, once they started flowering they were just beautiful.....the buds where getting bigger and bigger every week. They where getting too big for the walk in closet I had them in (while I was staying in apartments, lol). I had to get rid of most of them and kept two...those suckers grew around 6' 5" (with the 5gallon buckets). So when it was time to move out I had a hard time trying to get them out of the closet and apartment....had to wait until the middle of the night to get them out.

Ended up giving them to a friend because they died within a few days of moving (guess they dont like to be moved from their original spot, unless I did something terribly wrong while moving them).

I also can't wait till is legal in all 50 states and people understand that alcohol and nicotine is many more times dangerous than marijuana.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Some people refuse to look the truth in the eye. And you can't fix that. And no one can learn anything if they think they already know everything. Everybody cannot deny what is going on all around the world right now at a rapid pace. My 11 year old daughter comes home from school after DARE class and says < If Marijuana is bad for you then why is it legal in Colorado?>. <And why do DR.s Prescribe it for Medicine>. The cops convinced her that even just one hit of Marijuana could kill her, but prescription drugs would never do her any harm. So if she can catch on to this, then anyone willing to accept the truth can.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would put him in his mid/late 40s myself. Old enough to know better and still too ignorant to give a shit. He is still sure that pot is causing all this health crap for me even though I have told him repeatedly that I had was not using pot when it all started up. I think he is just too straight laced to think out of the box and even consider it. My mother told him that she has found it helps her arthritis on bad days and he just shook his head and said it would not help that..... I love it when dr's tell me that it can't or doesn't help what I just told them it does. I had to explain what CBD's were to him for Christ sake. I mean A Dr that has not been following the results of some of its first real testing to prove it is not a killer and can help, and not excited by some of the results I am not sure is a dr that I want too keep paying for ya know.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

groundpounder wrote:Some people refuse to look the truth in the eye. And you can't fix that. And no one can learn anything if they think they already know everything. Everybody cannot deny what is going on all around the world right now at a rapid pace. My 11 year old daughter comes home from school after DARE class and says < If Marijuana is bad for you then why is it legal in Colorado?>. <And why do DR.s Prescribe it for Medicine>. The cops convinced her that even just one hit of Marijuana could kill her, but prescription drugs would never do her any harm. So if she can catch on to this, then anyone willing to accept the truth can.

Yea I saw a funny meme on FB yesterday that pretty much summed it up

Every 19 minutes someone dies from marijuana. No wait that is not right every 19 minutes someone dies from one of the "safe" drugs that they allow to be prescribed to us. No one has ever officially died from a MJ overdose(my dr did not believe this either), you are actually more likely to die from drinking too much water.....
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

A woman actually died here locally from to much Water. a local radio station had a contest who could drink the most bottled waters in 1 minute. I forget how many I think 11 waters in 1 minute and several minutes later collapsed and died from flushing most of the electrolytes out of her system and it shut down. And do you know how many dye each year from baby aspirin?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

good thing the FDA keeps those dangerous drugs away from us and keep the safe ones safe. I am tempted to start a database of Dr's that are this ignorant on the subj so that people like me can get a dr that actually knows the truth and can help. The more I think about how he has not even taken a quick look at the data over all this time, doesn't even know what a CBC is just really burns my ass honestly. The only thing that I have found to give some help after trying hundreds of pills that usually made me sicker, he refuses to acknowledge that could help even a little. He said he knew people that were effected from pot and have never been the same after which is how he is basing his believes on. I am going to keep inquiring too see if he is doing any research on it.

I guess its just disappointing to see someone that can help me just refuse to want too..
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

First off, I know nothing about weed, having never used it myself, or been around anyone using it before.

Based on my limited knowledge of it, I would think that eating it would be just fine, but smoking it would be the problem.

Smoking anything would be damaging to your lungs over time.

Eating it would just give you its chemical affects, and so long as those are not damaging to anything, there would be no problem.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I agree smoking anything is bad. I vaporize it. You heat air up and pass it through it which vaporizes the THC with out burning anything. You end up with a steam-like THC vapor with out any of the bad/burned parts.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I always wanted to try a vaporizer but those thing are expensive as well as the herb that's needed for it.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

uses the same stuff ya smoke so not sure what you mean there. I had a vapor cannon for a long time and it was wearing out last year when I came into some unexpected money so I got a volcano and have not regretted that at all since.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

ttocs wrote:I agree smoking anything is bad. I vaporize it. You heat air up and pass it through it which vaporizes the THC with out burning anything. You end up with a steam-like THC vapor with out any of the bad/burned parts.

THC vapes at around 180*F. Drawing air into your lungs at that temp isn't good for them even if there no tar, smoke, or carcinogens. The heated air will cause irritation, inflammation, & damage to the cilia in your respiratory tract.

I say this as a fan of marijuana, and a smoker
Boomshackalacka
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

possibly but at least with my volcano the vapor cools in the bag. With the vapor cannon it cooled with the tube before it reached you. I have never hit a vaporizer that could make you cough like smoking does to talk about irritation.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Why can't you just eat it and be done with it? Or does eating it not work?
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

There was a U.S. Government funded scientific study that prooved, smoking Marajuana cures lung cancer.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

You can eat it as long as you know its from a good source but here where I live I do not have that option. There are a million way to infuse it into edibles from butter/chocolate to damn near any food, again if you know its good enough to eat.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

When i said the herb would be more expensive when using a vaporizer I meant that I would only use the Volcano with premium grade MaryJane...sort of like the prescription herbs. What I get is straight up brick shit...cheap but does the job.

I can't justify spending 30 bucks for 2 grams of some high quality herb. For that same amount I can get some 10grams of shitty herb.

To eat it would pretty much require the HIGH end herb...same as prescription herb. Eating it would not only be safer but the effects would last many times longer.

I've had a few jamaican friends tell me how their grandmother's would brew it and drink it as tea...said the effects where longer than smoking it.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Quality v/s Quality I will take quality any day I hate brick weed. I smoke old school gany works every time high thc content.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

ttocs wrote:You can eat it as long as you know its from a good source but here where I live I do not have that option. There are a million way to infuse it into edibles from butter/chocolate to damn near any food, again if you know its good enough to eat.
Take a trip to CO for a week or two find some cool people and get connected and see if you can get someone to send you some eatables. Happens every day.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would LOVE to take a trip for that reason, or any reason really but when you can't eat out at 99% of resturants and even need to be picky what brands of goods I get, traveling becomes very hard. I would have to take EVERYTHING that I would need to eat for that time as well as in case I got sick so it would be a lot of food that would need to be brought along and a place to cook it all. I have considered an RV but that would be about the only way I could really do any traveling.

Hell if I could find some good seeds I have considered buying one of those all-in-one expensive hydroponics set ups to grow my own.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Have you tried Humira? I know some people who had luck with it.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have not tried it and a quick search to see if it has lactose in it tells me why. Most pills have lactose in them to use as a binder and it seems the medical lactose they use I am really bad with. Because of this more often then not the anti-nausea meds they give me make me throw up...
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4njJAUshRg[/youtube]

They have a nice collection of short vids with lots of good info... wish everyone would take a few minutes to see them.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I think you inject Humira, so I would guess it does not have lactose, but I honestly don't know.