home surveillance systems

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

home surveillance systems

Post by ttocs »

The neighborhood isn't what it use to be. Last year I caught a prowler snooping around my neighbors house, and Monday while walking my dog I found a purse with some needles and a burned spoon in it. I was just going to toss it back under the bush I found it in till a couple of small kids on bikes came around the corner and it occurred to me if they got ahold of it what might happen. After some thought it seems like it might not be a bad idea to have a couple cameras around the house. Anyone have any experience with any particular brands/types/ect?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

Re: home surveillance systems

Post by Drock »

Hmmm, I'm curious as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Swan.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

trickyricky wrote:Swan.
What model would be a good setup to check into ?
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

I have had great luck with hikvision ip cameras and blue iris program for the PC
Poe cameras means power over Ethernet No need to run anything but a cat 5e cable and a Poe switch. 4core i7 processor will run 10 cams in 1080p 20 fps. Regular core2 duo will run 2 or three

Have done a few installs in Guetto apt buildings that I do maintenance on

The thing to look at if you get a cheaper dvr box is the max fps they advertise is for all cameras combined. If multiple cams are recording they split it up...

Poe system is the best way to go in my opinion. No transformers and fuses with a big box to mount somewhere. Power wires coming loose, crappy Bnc connections ect. Just a Ethernet cable and done

Any questions and I can try and help
dry with match