car show burn outs

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

car show burn outs

Post by ttocs »

there is a show in my town that has been getting more and more people attending because afterwards everyone starts smoking their tires. Its cool because there are no trophy's its just for fun although its also a little scary since there is NO safety precautions taken. Its amazing it has not got shut down because we are about a mile from the police station and 1/4 mile from the expressway through town and its on a city street that isn't shut down. Thankfully last night there was nothing hurt except for a few tires and brakes, probably not a coincidence that the host of the show is a wheel/tire place....

This of course was the last of three passes he made, hope he made home ok....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Re: car show burn outs

Post by vwdude »

I was in a car club once that was obsessed with doing donuts and burnouts. It was cool at first but got annoying fast. If you think about it, would you want to buy a car that's been through that? I never was into burnouts when I had my camaro except when I needed to when racing.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine liked doing burnouts in his grand national...notice he didn't use his brakes and he let it off but could have gone much longer... It's amazing what you can do with 1000+ hp
http://youtu.be/FxXHjtDPAKY
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

The last time I did a burn out was 2 yrs ago at that show. I am not into doing them until the time is right and its a good show to enjoy but it is why I am taking the time to install a line lock in the build this time. I have not been to the track for some time now so of course they are fine there.

Not sure what you mean about the grand national not using his brakes looks like he has them on the whole time which I would expect on a turbo v6 car like a grand national.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

He was using his line lock I think. The tails look brighter but they don't go dimmer when he takes off then.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Dude was about 20 secs from this happening though.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYod1Z0kPY8[/youtube]