Electric Smoker

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Electric Smoker

Post by Eric D »

I bought a used electric smoker locally and it is missing the wood chip holder, plus the heating element has failed. I took a gamble buying it, so it looks like I am out of luck.

Anyway, it is one of the Masterbuilt ones there seem to be millions of. I the model number is 20070910.

What I am asking is if anyone out there knows of a used one, or a junk one, or something I can source my missing parts off.

I figured I would ask on here, as it always seems that when I get into a new hobby, other car audio guys are into the same hobby as well (must all think alike). So, maybe someone can help me out.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
vwdude

Re: Electric Smoker

Post by vwdude »

I don't have a smoker but my brother in law is into them a bit. He only has the one that he uses, so I can't steal the parts off his, sorry. Lol

Have you looked on eBay? I'd bet there's parts on there, maybe even brand new ones.

Is this your first smoker? I have to say, it's a great way to make meats. I hate turkey but when I had a smoked turkey is was absolutely delicious.

I personally use either my propane BBQ or my wood Santa Maria style grill. I burn red oak in the grill and it makes tri tip that can not be beat.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I have a dual fuel propane / charcoal smoker currently. I use charcoal in it, and propane to get the charcoal going.

I bought this electric one as a factory return for a lot less money, but with its broken and missing parts. I want to get the electric one going for the ease of use. My wife can load it in the morning and let it go all day without having to tend to it. Then dinner will be done by the time I come home from work. I also planned to put the electric one in my garage and use it during the winter. That is something I would never dare due with the propane / charcoal smoker.

So far we have had great luck with our first smoker. I have done some excellent Canadian bacon on it, and some other pork with rubs. We tried some smoked fish, but I need more practice with the fish.
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

I made a smoker about a month ago using an old filling cabinet it works good and is a great conversation piece. I can't help you with the electric one but I will keep my eyes open.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

RayBuck wrote:I made a smoker about a month ago using an old filling cabinet it works good and is a great conversation piece. I can't help you with the electric one but I will keep my eyes open.
Please post some photos of this. The idea sounds very interesting!
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Yea I'm intrigued as well. I want to make one out of a 50 gallon drum but I need to learn to weld first.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

I will see if my girl will post some pics for you guy I have no idea how. It only took me an hour to make it with a grinder with a cut off wheel and a hole saw butt it took me like three hours to clean it after burning it off at 750. The one I used was one that I was going to throw in my scrap pile it has 4 drawers and had plastic wheels I am making another that is deeper and made better and has metal wheels on the drawers I have named it BIG BLACK because it is big and black :lol:
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Beer and wings Gangsta Smokin 8)
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Dang no love for my smoker...well I got a bone in boston butt I am going to rub it up with my home made rub an let it chill for a couple of days and smoke it this weekend. :drool:
JK

Post by JK »

Now that's what you call some certified redneck shit.. I have a grill that will make you laugh.. It's made out of a chop saw for the base.. Then it has a coil spring that goes up to where you cook.. I'll take a pict and get someone to post it
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Eric D wrote:I bought a used electric smoker locally and it is missing the wood chip holder, plus the heating element has failed. I took a gamble buying it, so it looks like I am out of luck.

Anyway, it is one of the Masterbuilt ones there seem to be millions of. I the model number is 20070910.

What I am asking is if anyone out there knows of a used one, or a junk one, or something I can source my missing parts off.

I figured I would ask on here, as it always seems that when I get into a new hobby, other car audio guys are into the same hobby as well (must all think alike). So, maybe someone can help me out.
Get yerself an electric hotplate, and a small cast iron skillet. (preferably "Lodge" brand, made local in South Pittsburgh TN don't cha know)
Boomshackalacka
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Francious70 wrote:
Eric D wrote:I bought a used electric smoker locally and it is missing the wood chip holder, plus the heating element has failed. I took a gamble buying it, so it looks like I am out of luck.

Get yerself an electric hotplate, and a small cast iron skillet. (preferably "Lodge" brand, made local in South Pittsburgh TN don't cha know)
That is an idea.