Just bought a new (to me) home

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
vwdude

Just bought a new (to me) home

Post by vwdude »

So the wife and I needed to upgrade from our town home that we bought 2 years ago. We just sold it for just over $100k more than we bought it for.

So we are buying this home...

We will be redoing the master bath, kitchen counters, and were putting in LED pot lights in the garage. That's where I will display my Pg gear and the PG banner that I just got off Joerg.

We are excited to have a back yard and a bigger kitchen.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
trickyricky

Re: Just bought a new (to me) home

Post by trickyricky »

Congrats buddy. that's one nice looking house and looks like a safe neighborhood.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Congrats sir :clap: ...wife and I are getting ready to do the same thing. :mrgreen:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Drock

Post by Drock »

Nice looking house. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Wow is that expensive. It would take my entire lifetime to pay that off.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I realize all areas are different, and incomes vary a ton across states or cities. I looked up the most expensive house I can find in my area, and this is what I got...

http://www.coldwellbankeronline.com/pro ... 49457.aspx

Now, last I heard the town I work in has some of the lowest incomes in Michigan, and considering Michigan has gone down the drain, the town probably has some of the lowest incomes in the nation.

Please don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to knock your new house in any way. I just noticed the price on it and actually had a difficult time mentally comprehending it. My guess is someone could move to California, get a dump apartment, work for three years and bank every penny, then move to a place like I live and pay cash for a house, plus have enough in the bank to never work again the rest of their life.

To be fair, here is a house that is further away, and is more extreme in pricing. But, the only reason this house is expensive is the location, and lot size...

http://www.coldwellbankeronline.com/pro ... 49445.aspx
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I was amazed how expensive it was in phoenix when I moved there. I bought my 1300 sq ft house for 130k, and then watched it double in value in 5 yrs. Then the market went south, I got sick at the same time and suddenly when I went to move out I was upside down on it. Then I looked at a position in the boston area and priced living there HOLY HECK...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Very very nice
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Thanks guys. Went to see it again tonight, still happy with out choice.

Yes homes here are crazy expensive. This is actually an "affordable" neighborhood. We had to move out of the city we live in now because once you get out of town homes pieces jump into the $700-800k really fast.

It makes us angry when we see those house hunter shows in areas like michigan, ohio, Texas...and people are like " I want 10,000 square feet plus basement and I'm it paying over $100k." Lol

Btw were not paying asking price, and we made $100k on our current town home owning it for only 2 years. I've found that it's all relative, as far as home prices versus salary. We can't survive out here unless your salary is over $80k/year. I hate how they take the poverty line as an average for the country. Out here it's much higher, as even a small apartment in a bad area is over $1k/ month.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Change of plans. so we put in an offer, they countered and are awaiting our counter offer back. In the mean time we looked at 2 other homes today, 1 of which we fell in love with. its 200 sqft bigger, a little more expensive but requires much less work and has a bigger/nicer back yard. It also has a crap load of outlets in the garage, including 12 of them across a custom built work bench.

were putting in an offer on this other house tomorrow. I think were giving up on the first one (pictured) now that we saw this other one.

Ill get pictures of it up, but this time I will wait until we get into escrow so I dont jump the gun.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Now I know why so many people are moving to Utah from Cali!!!!
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Well there are many reason for it, cost of living is a huge one though. I have wanted to leave for a while but the wife says we can only leave California for Europe, and I'm not ready for that big of a change. For as many issues as the state has you really can't beat the beaches, women, and the car culture.

Here's a picture of the outside...sorry I dont have any better ones at this time...
NOT 2 OLD YET

Post by NOT 2 OLD YET »

Very unique design I like that! It floors me the cost difference in homes in CA compared to where I am (Just South of Chicago)! Best of luck to you and your Bride on your new home! :clap:
Collection And Still Growing:
M-100, 50,2,44s, and 25
RT 66 #0840, Outlaw#1005, Bandit#1884, MQ430
MS2125, MS275, MS 2250 W/shroud 3MPS2500, 2 MPS2240 Custom MPS4740
EQ215, EQ215ix,EQ 230 W/TBAt, ZX600TI, 400TI, TI500.4
2 PLD1, MX2, 2 Leather Team PG Jackets
TBA (Dealer Display Empty Guts)10'XS Subs
AX204, 406 (New In Box)
Eclipse ECD413 + DSP1001 , 2 JL 8W6
Installed: PG MPS2500 and Modified By PG MQ430
ZBB34TI With ZRDT3, and RMD
Audison Bit 10
PG Elite and Sapphire 6.5 Comps
JL 13TW5 subs
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Thanks.

Yes it costs a lot but you get used to it. We try not to think about what our money would get us in any other state.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Eric D wrote:I realize all areas are different, and incomes vary a ton across states or cities. I looked up the most expensive house I can find in my area, and this is what I got]

The cost of living situation is very much the same here in Middle TN where I live.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3737- ... 8617_zpid/

Cost of housing is dirt cheap, however Rutherford County, TN is the 3rd fastest growing county in the USA because of all the jobs coming to the area.
Boomshackalacka
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Francious70 wrote:
Eric D wrote:I realize all areas are different, and incomes vary a ton across states or cities. I looked up the most expensive house I can find in my area, and this is what I got]

The cost of living situation is very much the same here in Middle TN where I live.

Cost of housing is dirt cheap, however Rutherford County, TN is the 3rd fastest growing county in the USA because of all the jobs coming to the area.
Bastard!!!

That's a beautiful house, one like that in my area would be in the 5-6 million range (or more).

On the flip side, I'm a 10 minute drive from Malibu, Santa Monica, and 35 minutes from LA and all of it's glory (good and bad).

I'm also about 1.5 hours south of Santa Barbara, and even closer to Ojai. I like having so many nice get away places near by.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

vwdude wrote:Thanks.

Yes it costs a lot but you get used to it. We try not to think about what our money would get us in any other state.

I have no idea what a house like that cost there but in Calgary in a ok area is 500-650,000
I think that is really high
2020 honda accord sport
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Time for me to start looking for jobs in TN. If I can get half that house for half the money I am on board with moving.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

its amazing how much the price can change. my folks live in a nice house with 2200 sq ft and an unfinished basement(not included in the floor space) with bigger then average yard here and it would not go for more then $180k where they live in southern Indiana. The house I bought in phoenix was 1300 sq ft on a postage sized lot with a 2 car garage that I had to back one car in up against the wall to fit. I paid $130k on the house in 2001 and then watched it go up to $250k 6 yrs later. THEN the market crashed right when I got sick and suddenly when I ended up having to move I was upside down on the house.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Well, FML!!!

So, as we got closer to the contingency release date the loan guy said that he can't finance us. My wife's new job is not a "standard" job and they are considering her "self employed" so her salary won't count. After 2 weeks of talking to different brokers we got that resolved as I make enough to qualify.

So the contingencies were to be released last Friday. The Monday of that week my boss calls me in and says that they are investigating me and might fire me. WTF, so we cancel the deal.

Then it turns out that I was not fired (bogus claims and I would have sued the pants off my employer) so now we lost out on the house.

We are back in the search again. Good news is we have all of the loan stuff ready to go, we have a down payment, but no house. That last house was not meant to be with so many strange issues to come up.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

shit that sucks I'm sorry to hear about that.
makes me mad when someone I might have to fire you. fuck just say you need to look into something and get back to the person

I'm on the other end. I fire people I just told me staff member I didn't think he would work out here as he is always needing something changed every week bad attitude
he got mad raised his voice "there are a lot of job out there"
so I said give me your keys your done
man he started to kiss my ass and we will have a review in 30 days to see if things change..

I'm sure you can find another great house but keep an eye on that one I have seen a lot of deals fall through and you might still be able to get it.
2020 honda accord sport
hardcoredore

Post by hardcoredore »

vwdude wrote:
Francious70 wrote:

Bastard!!!

That's a beautiful house, one like that in my area would be in the 5-6 million range (or more).

On the flip side, I'm a 10 minute drive from Malibu, Santa Monica, and 35 minutes from LA and all of it's glory (good and bad).

I'm also about 1.5 hours south of Santa Barbara, and even closer to Ojai. I like having so many nice get away places near by.
And Murphreesboro, TN is the armpit of America... I used to live there, I know.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

Eric D wrote:Time for me to start looking for jobs in TN. If I can get half that house for half the money I am on board with moving.

Eric, this is what $116k can get you in kansas! we bought this place 2 yrs ago

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... S1XimrPzCA
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Shit bought my place 1950sqft 9 years old but it was 400k
And its just basic. Man some times I wish I lived some were else
2020 honda accord sport
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Damn mike yall need to move down here, i bought my 2k sqft colonial, double brick w full basment and attic w 2 car detach for $139k here in downtown winch va back in feb.

Granted i spent about 15k redoing the inside, w a full 2nd bath by april.

Man houses are rediculous everywhere else.
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA