Supplemental Car Audio Insurance

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Supplemental Car Audio Insurance

Post by AVICJR »

Does anyone buy extra insurance for thier car stereo? Debating whether it's worth it or not.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Supplemental Car Audio Insurance

Post by ttocs »

I never have before. I might have been lucky to only have had my car/truck broken into one time. The alarm scared them before they got too far into it but they got my faceplate and my bicycle tool box. I really only pissed about the tool box with all the cool stickers we had collected on it over the years....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

State Farm. If it's bolted to the car, it's part of the car. This does mean they may total your hooptie if your rims and amps are stolen and the car was worth very little....

If your stereo is stolen, and it's not exactly a best buy setup...
Well, they had me go to installer and talked to him on the phone with me there for about an hour while they asked questions about wiring, and the specifics of the install. I got my check about a month from when it was stolen. That's when I got my first 900.7AL.

I was VERY happy with State Farm, and asking every other insurance company under the sun what they would have done, or what extra coverage I would have needed... Yeah, not even close. State Farm 4Life.
ByBlaZeD

Post by ByBlaZeD »

vladthebad wrote:State Farm. If it's bolted to the car, it's part of the car. This does mean they may total your hooptie if your rims and amps are stolen and the car was worth very little....

If your stereo is stolen, and it's not exactly a best buy setup...
Well, they had me go to installer and talked to him on the phone with me there for about an hour while they asked questions about wiring, and the specifics of the install. I got my check about a month from when it was stolen. That's when I got my first 900.7AL.

I was VERY happy with State Farm, and asking every other insurance company under the sun what they would have done, or what extra coverage I would have needed... Yeah, not even close. State Farm 4Life.
Good to know. I've had state farm for 16 years now. Did you have to show it to them after the install was complete and they list what you have or did you just file a claim with receipts? Just curious
PG Collection in the making:
2 - ZX400ti
1 - X600.1
2 - X100.4
1 - Ti2500.1
1 - Ti800.4
1 - XS2300
1 - Sapphire SA3.0X
1 - XS124
1 - White Bass CUBE
1 - Black Bass CUBE
2 - TLD66
1 - XSC10
3 - LPL44
1 - BLK RMD
1 - RMD (New Style)
Fused Distro's
Non-Fused Distro's
RCA's

Non-PG.....
1 - JL e4300
1 - JL JX500/1
1 - RF Punch 200aIV
1 - RF Punch 250m
2 - RF P2D2-12
1 - RF P165-S (Locked up woofer after 6 months!! Stay Away LOL)
1 - MTX Thunder 2150X
1 - SS Reference 414s
vladthebad

Post by vladthebad »

Had pics. For future: have pics, receipts, pics of board repair work, more pics.... Serial numbers, etc. the more info you have, the less you'll have to talk to them, sooner you'll get your check.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I'm an adjuster for State Farm. While every claim rep is different, I always ask for receipts, or photos.

Also something to keep in mind, tell them to add an endorsement to your policy, "Cost of customization, up to $x.xx". It's a dirt cheap endorsement, and will keep your rates from going up if you have a stereo theft claim
Boomshackalacka
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Francious70 wrote:I'm an adjuster for State Farm. While every claim rep is different, I always ask for receipts, or photos.
Thanks for the info! Do you have to produce receipts? I have plenty of photos but my amps and wire and such are 10 years old. As of right now, I did not get the supplemental insurance.