shipping cod?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

shipping cod?

Post by ttocs »

Anyone have any experience with it and advise for/against it? I have obviously never done it before nor needed to especially here but I have had a new member contact me to sell/send something cod. I know most of the stupid little stuff about paypal gifts or other scams but never got into anything about COD. My first reaction is to say that paypal paid before shipping is the way I have always done my deals on both ends and never cheated anyone before, not planning on doing it now... but if its not a big deal and I still get my money I really don't care that much.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

Re: shipping cod?

Post by Drock »

Hmmm, I curios about this as well.
Is cod just shipping costs? Or for the item as well?

I would think that cod means you ship and then the post office will collect the funds when the buyer picks up items.
Then you pickup your money from the post office. I'm just guessing. But I always thought that was shipping costs only.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that is the way it looks and it all looks good but I have just never done it before.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Don't take my advise serious but COD pretty much means Collect On Delivery....how much well however much you make the COD for. For example you sold a MPS2500 for 400.00 buyer agreed to pay 30.00 for shipping, so your COD will be for 430.00.

Once the post office has it, they will leave a COD note for the buyer with instruction to pick up and pay for the item at the post office. Post office them makes a money order for you or transfers the funds to your post office for you to pick up.

The only risk I see here is that the buyer is BSing you and backs out of the deal...leaving you with perhaps TWO shipping charges from the post office not to mention whatever it cost for the COD option (don't think it could be much). If he doesn't pick up the COD and pays for it one time then am sure you'll get the package back but will have to cover the shipping fees oh and all your wasted time getting the thing packaged and dropped of at the post office.
wooferdog

Post by wooferdog »

ttocs, I thought you should pack it in ice in a nice cooler as fish will go bad.
I would have them send me a money order instead unless you know them really well. COD is a gamble. I don't even know if the post office still does COD anymore.
Phoenix Gold,Don't Leave Home Without It !!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I was surprised to find out they still do myself. But after some talk he said paypal would be ok. Just got burned on a deal recently and he is a little hesitant to make another.
Dickcheese

Post by Dickcheese »

Its me whos the buyer, I didnt get burned from here but Americas Wheel burnt me for $850. Hello all
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

its all good. Like I said in the pm's we do not put up with shitty sellers here. Just do a search for andy and you will see he even tried to buy his way back into our good graces and was shut down.