when it rains it pours.

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

when it rains it pours.

Post by ttocs »

Been a pretty crazy 3-4 weeks. My mother has not been feeling well. Vertico, head aches and blurred vision and finally nausea and vomiting. We took her to the dr 2 times, for an mri and got some antibiotics to help. She would seem a little better one day and then the next a little worse. So I have been cooking/cleaning/washing and doing the majority of the work to help her. Monday she started throwing up and got worse so we took her to the ER and they admitted her. They said that she had too much liquid in her head and did a spinal tap to relieve it and thankfully she is feeling better now and might make it home tonight.

As if that were not enough, dad would normally be a big help but he actually went in for a hip replacement today and needless to say the past 3-4 months he has not been able to get around all that well. Thankfully I have been feeling better then normal the past few weeks to be able to take him around for his different appointments to prep for surgery as well as help mom. Thankfully his surgery was successful and he is happy to not have his hip hurting him for the first time this year.

So then of course, this morning I wake up with a normal bad morning. I say normal because I wake up %99 of the time with stomach pain/nausea and running for the bathroom for one reason or another. Occasionally I will wake up and not feel bad but on those days I am normally just waiting for my stomach to flip and ruin my afternoon. On a good day it calms down maybe around 10-11 but normally I am not up/around till 2-3. On a bad day like today instead the pain gets worse and worse till eventually it makes me start to throw up. Finally after 5 hrs of that I said F-it and had my brother take me to the ER. So not we have mom on the same floor as me but different wing. Dad is in a different hospital 10 mins away and my poor brother is now putting up with 3 sick family members going between us to bring things or just keep us company.

I always knew that our immediate family was good and strong. I am not saying that we don't bicker or get on each others nerves but when it comes down to it and we need help we know someone will be there. Thankfully my brother has had some issues finding a job and was able to come up and help us out.

Now you want to know what really sucks about all this? I woke up Monday and did a quick check on the box mike sent me with the F1 gear to see where it was. It was not supposed to be in till wed/Thursday so I was amazed to see that it cleared customs Friday in California and somehow had made its way all the way to Indiana on Monday. I think he sent it wed/thurs and needless to say I had been just dying to get my hands on it to hook it up/test it out and basically just fondle/play with it all. I thought to myself "how could I be so lucky?!". The package arrived at the time I was making dinner for mom/dad so I threw it upstairs to check it out after dinner. So after dinner I am just cutting the box open when dad says mom just threw up and wants to go to the ER. So I took her since again he is not very good getting around then and spent the next 5 hours in the ER and her room. By the time I got home I only had enough energy to inspect them but not hook them up and since then I have not made much more progress on it and needless to say this weekend I will not get any further on it.

but anyway I hope everyone else is having a good weekend and doesn't need at the moment but has a great family to lean on when you need them.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Re: when it rains it pours.

Post by vwdude »

Damn Scott, I knew you were dealing with sick parents, I didn't know to this extent. Sorry, I don't check this section of the phorum often. i hope you and your parents get better soon.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

day by day things have gotten better. Dad is off his pain meds and about to loose his walker and getting around better. Mom is still day to day but doing better well. I unfortunately got into an argument with a shitty uncle of ours but there have been some things that needed to be said for a while now . I will work it out with him later, got other stuff to do now.

Last night was honestly the first time I have taken off and left the folks with my brother but it was because I have had tickets since june for Motley Crue and Alice Cooper. Holy fucking shit what a show!
Cooper went nuts in this 9 ft frankenstien costume and played for a little over 90 mins.
http://vid260.photobucket.com/albums/ii ... 942108.mp4

I almost didn't go because floor tickets in the middle 2 rows in front of the sound booth were $240(but did include a $75 voucher for shirts/gear). Of course the drum solo show was just amazing. Tommy Lee ended up about 30 ft above us upside down as the drum kit moved all the way to the back of the sound booth while flipping.
http://vid260.photobucket.com/albums/ii ... 713642.mp4
other good parts of course shout at the devil. I have never seen so many explosions/flames. In this one if you look on the bass guitar he has a flame thrower that would shoot flames 20-30 feet. Not sure how it doesn't burn his hand....
http://vid260.photobucket.com/albums/ii ... 842665.mp4
So then comes the first finale and they have these two huge mechanical arms swing down to the stage and picks up nicki and vince and then swings back around till vince is about 15 foot above us and nicki was about 20 foot. About this time the guy next to me notices that there is a roadie setting up a microphone and shortly after that they pulled a cover off of a piano and drum kit behind the sound booth. When the lights went out that time we went backwards and I ended up 2nd person off the rail to watch the encore of home sweet home. I could not get much better..........
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

That sounds like that was an awesome time man.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

"Some people feel the rain....others just get wet" -Bob Marley....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

concert was just amazing. Honestly one of the best I have seen and so glad I went and I have spent all day with "Home sweet home" and that drum show stuck in my mind. It was also nice just to get out with some old high school friends and away from the folks for a night. I

Well it all started right back up this morning with fixing breakfast, helping with bathing, picking up meds. It occurred to me that this must be what its like to have kids except that these two have their own bank accounts and when it comes down to it I DON'T have the final word on what they can or cannot do. Hopefully we can get mom into her ear dr and they will find something wrong.

I was also happy to finally get some time to play with my f1 toys as well as decided that I did want to do rear fill and center channels for video so that meant I needed to get a second sound processor that will be daisy-chained in with the first for the possibility of 16 channels of eq/time alignement/cross overs.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Dad has been steadily getting better and is off of his walking and now using his chain. But mom we have just been happy to keep food down her for more then 48-72. Its been getting scary as she has been doing backwards unforutnaly. This morning I was awoken to a thump that sounded like a sack of potatos and my dad yelling for me and my brother, Came in to find that she fell when trying to go to the bathroom. Never been so scared...She only had a rug burn and no bigger injuries thankfully. Shortly after we took her to the emergency and go her in. About the time she got in my stomach started to flip and spend the next 10 hour in the shower puking and ended up in the same ER about 15 hours later.
JK

Post by JK »

Man!! All that shit going on with you is paraell to a business partners sons issues.. He would be in the shower for a hour trying to feel better.. This would happen a few times in the am before he could maybe get up in going.. He always went on out of town trips with his dad, so he could be in hotels.. He liked hotels because the hot water wouldn't run out.. Just like you he was/is fucked up almost everyday.. They scene endless doctors around the world.. I think I mentioned this to you awhile back.. I think it would be a good idea to talk to him.. Seriously!! The 2 of you can share stories back n forth.. Also what doctors have told y'all.. Maybe one of you may know something the other don't know.. I know his dad has spent hundreds of thousands trying to cure him.. My first thoughts were he was dope sick, but that wasn't the case.. I suggested he try opiates and see what happened.. I understand all the risks with doing that, but shit!! If it makes him better who cares.. I'm not sure if he ever tried that or not.. I haven't spoke to him in a couple years, but if you want me to introduce the 2 of you to each other then just PM me and I'll reach out to him.. I think it will help..
JK

Post by JK »

Also!! How's that F1 coming along?? I bought a whole F1 set up and never used it or even opened it.. It's brand new.. I bought it back when I was making good money and was buying all that gear.. I plan to use it one day..
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Its still stitting on the floor in my room, has not moved since I got it. Same with the car. Just got back out of the hospital this afternoon, mom is still there and throwing up. I guess sometime yesterday someone somewhere brought up that mom will probably need to go to a rehab facility to get her back on her feet and my brother and father have gone through all the trouble of seeing which one was closest to the house. It was their only criteria FER FUCKS SAKE REALLY that is as far as you can think to look?! I have now slept 4 hours since sat, been fed one quarter of one extremely rare burger(that the dog finished the other 3/4 and the horribly undercooked egg they went through the trouble of insisting I eat it (all just 5 mins before it should almost be served) and am looking forward to seeing which rehab places nearby we at least need to stay away from, preferably which ones are better. Yea the shower is my sanctuary and my hell all at the same time..... As much as I hated it after a horrible meal, horrible conversation, I was alone at last.....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

thank god things are getting back to normal. Mom is nowhere hear 100% as she is still using a cane/walker but she has had an appetite and been getting around more. Last night she was feeling well enough that her and I went out for sushi. She has only been out of the house for dr's and hospitals for the past 12 weeks so she had to admit it was really nice to get out for a change. We were afraid we ate too much but only left the ginger/wasabi left on the plate when we left. Been able to do a little bit of work on the car but I am afraid that fall is here and I missed my window for warm enough weather to paint the car like I had hoped. Its not uncommon for use to get a few days or even a week back in the 70s which is about the minimum I need with the activator I have so hopefully we can get a few warm enough days for me to do the spraying otherwise it will be a long wait till spring. Oh well this whole situation helped to put some priorities back in line I somehow let get out.