I think I might be back for a while...

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

I think I might be back for a while...

Post by Jacampb2 »

Hey guys, long time no see. I am sorry I have been missing so long. I got super busy with the move and remodel and it was just this past spring that I finally got my electronics workshop in some semblance of order and got to start playing with my CA gear again. I still don't have as much time as I used to have to devote to the hobby, but hopefully I will get to check in here and see how things are going every now and again...

Before I get flooded for requests for bass cube remotes, you guys should know that my supplier quit stocking the switched gain pot that the remote uses. I have a few left in my stash and may make a few remotes, but after that I would have to order a full tray of pots from the manufacturer and I am not sure I can commit to that.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to go read my backlog of PMs and then see what's changed around the phorum. For what it's worth, I have missed you guys and I hope I get more time to devote to you all and my hobbies.

Peace,
Jason
M: M100, M44 for a custom amp project
Zx: Zx500, Zx450, Black Zx350
ZxTi: 4 Zx600Ti's, 1 Zx400Ti
Ti: 5 800.1's & 900.7 for a custom amp project. 1 1200.1, 1 1000.2
Tantrum: 2 1200.1's, 1 600.4, 1 500.2
XS: XS6600
knightrider358

Re: I think I might be back for a while...

Post by knightrider358 »

whats going on man, its been a while.

the phorum has gotten really quiet the last couple yrs for a few reasons......

sadly a lot of the long term contributing members left due to personal diff between one another. which is sad as this was the place to be....

a lot of members have been likeu and got occupied w life....i had a phase like that too thou. its life

a lot of members are now on the fb pg classifieds page including my self.

trickyricky has been the main supplier of bc remotes recently. u might wanna hit him up and talk among urselves.

glad to see u back man...always loved ur work and reading about it!

jason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Just super busy with life. The new place I bought had a decent pole barn, but the original owner left it half full of shit. After the house remodel it took a long time to start getting the barn in order. I also wanted to set it up right because I hope this is my last move. I compartmentalized this shop into a machine shop section and a metal fab section. Then I got the bright idea to build a electronics shop above the machine shop. I spent one whole summer cutting out attic trusses and putting in rafters and building an attic room. I also insulated the whole building with urethane spray foam and semi finished the inside. It was the third winter after the move that I was able to move my machine tools from my old shop. That in itself is a week long project. About 20 tons of machinery rigged and hauled.

It wasn't until this past spring that I wired my machines up and got them set in their permanent place. Everything takes a long time when you are trying to get it done in your spare time. Anyhow, I will try to dig up a few pictures of the new shop space. I know I have them, it will just take a moment to find them.

I'm disappointed seeing the phorum die off. I don't mind FB, but I can't peruse it at work and I have little time to spend on a computer when I am at home. Do I need an invite to join the FB group?

As for the BC remotes, I am glad someone else started helping out. I was never making them to make money, just to help the people who needed them. I still have enough crap to make some pretty much exact original copies, including boards already made, so maybe I will make them and sell them off and be done with it.

I'll talk to you guys later. Peace.

Later,
Jason
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Some quick pics, most of these were still in process of getting the shop situated...

This is the workbench and design wall of the machine shop:

This is before the machines were wired but it is the best picture I have of the whole machine shop side. The lathe is on the wall behind me in the picture:

This is what I consider my best idea in the space: the electronics shop. It still isn't complete, but it is getting close. It has a small AC unit and a propane heater for the winter.

Later,
Jason
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

still more then a few of us around there just is not much to talk about it seems these days. The new stuff was neat and looked like all that but seems like the excitement behind them seemed to die pretty fast. The old stuff is always cool but what is there new to talk about there? Glad your doing well and hope you can stick around.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

awesome work man, i have a bridgeport lathe also identical to that in my maint shop at the plant i manage.

i have been slowly working on my currant 2 car detached garage. i have setup an electronics bench area and woodworking area along with one side free for car work. my next move hopefully in a yr or 2 is getting a house with an old 2 story 30x60 barn and covert it too a shop area upstairs and car storage work area down stairs.
20160710_211117.jpg
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

was wondering where you had disappeared ...
whale cum back Jason ...
miss seeing that spa 0.8 .... (I need to talk you into letting me buy it ...)
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Looking good hope my pm didn't start all this ..lol
Glad your back
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Welcome back, I joined after or right around when you disappear I believe. I made two batches of BC remotes and only left with a few (about 5) I don't plan on making any more, so perhaps you can help out those that may need one. I went back through the archives and saw some of your work, must say very impressive work and glad you're back.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Glad to see you're back Jason. As many have said, it's a lot quieter around here, but a few people still check in from time to time.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I gave my "you're back, missed you" speech on you SAX3.0 repair thread. PM me when the BC remote sale goes live again.

I will say, I was absent for a while as well. I'm making it a point to drop by more often now.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

its nice to see some old names back.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

smgreen20 wrote:I gave my "you're back, missed you" speech on you SAX3.0 repair thread. PM me when the BC remote sale goes live again.

I will say, I was absent for a while as well. I'm making it a point to drop by more often now.
Haha, that's no big deal. I'm glad to be back. I have to say there are several times over the last few years that I wanted to poke my head in and say hi, but without a working shop I just didn't want to show up and then end up disappointing people who needed remotes or Plexiglas.

The ZPA0.8 is still in my shop. I've already had three offers to buy it since I showed back up [emoji23] [emoji1] [emoji1] I'm still not planning on letting it go. I still have materials for one more ZPA0.8 and probably enough stuff for a third with a 900.7/1200.1 of I get ambitious. That will be a lot of CAD work again though, so we will see.

I literally have a stack of amps to fix here though, so I'll hopefully be adding some regular new content to the board.

I also just bought a BMW 535xi wagon and am going to start an install on that within the next year.

I'll check back later. Have a good day guys.

Sincerely,
Jason

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

Jacampb2 wrote:
The ZPA0.8 is still in my shop. I've already had three offers to buy it since I showed back up [emoji23] [emoji1] [emoji1] I'm still not planning on letting it go. I still have materials for one more ZPA0.8 and probably enough stuff for a third with a 900.7/1200.1 of I get ambitious. That will be a lot of CAD work again though, so we will see.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
let's get this other one built then .. pm me to talk more ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Itchi I asked also. I also asked he has 3 ti 800.1 he could put in a cover..lol
2020 honda accord sport
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Hahaha, you guys should know, I almost never sell amps. I am pretty sure I haven't sold any PG amps since I started collecting. Soooo, probably not ever going to sell the ZPA either, even though I have come to the realization that it probably isn't realistic to ever run these big amps.

Howbeever... If people really really wanted these I might be persuaded to build some cases and you supply the amps... I don't know. I kind of like having some truly one of a kinds amps.

I toyed with the idea of three amps in one case when I designed the ZPA0.8, I could do it, but I couldn't make it look like an original ZPA. I also considered a Making a big TI amp in a triangular shape, complete with LED in each corner, but that would have to be enormous with any amp but Ti600.2 and smaller...

Anyhow, pic from the old thread (clicky):

Later,
Jason
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

If you want to use the 3 ti 800. 1 boards and male me a cool item anY size I would use it heck if someone had 2 of those monster sony es amps I would run them
2020 honda accord sport
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

Hey Dude! glad to see you back!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Wow, I don't think I've met you. Welcome back. I arrived here about 4 years ago, and at this point, I'm remaking the MS terminals and most plexi pieces for ZPA, MS, and limited edition amps.

So you are the one who made that large ZPA looking amp. Very nice work.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.