This is England

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

This is England

Post by ydnap »

Last night I was treated to an utterly fantastic movie.

It's called "This is England" and is about this kid growing up in Yorkshire with no father (died in the falklands) and he gets bullied and shit..

So, he befriends a group of cool skinheads (no, not neo nazis, skinheads by fashion.. one is black :) ) but, when the nasty fucking asshole of the group gets out of prison things get really messed up.

It's a low budget flick, kinda like one of them sundance ones, but it's seriously good.

There are two big actors in the film, one being the fattish dude out of Lock Stock (the robber guy who steals drugs.. he was also in Football Factory as the nasty cunt) and Tommy from Snatch ("What ya gonna do Tommy? Bust a cap in his ass.. lmao)

All of the other actors are rank amateurs. Infact, the 'star' of the movie (Shaun) is just a normal snot nosed 13 Y/O kid they interviewed on a walk in with no acting experience.

The music is utterly awesome, Ska, reggae and all things 80's, and the nostalgia kick at the beginning had me wiping tears of joy (Roland Rat, BMX Beat, Culture club, falklands news footage).

This movie can be bought here for you UK'ers -

www.Thisisenglandmovie.co.uk

Or, if you are one of our colonial cousins you can get it from any good torrent stockist (Hint - Isohunt lol).

But do check it out, it's gritty, cute, funny and sometimes hard as nails :)
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

Is Benny Hill in it?
joyride

Post by joyride »

i have a hard time understanding what the hell they are saying...But I guess Im just another ignorant American.
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

translation : The movie is about a kid whos dad dies in the falklins . kid joins up with some skin head like types.