What are you rockin???

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

5.9Limited wrote:I've been blessed with good luck at shows...I've seen some awesome bands and usually walk away with something cool...Im a drummer of 15 years and I've managed to get a few sticks...I've got one from as I lay dying...he broke it chucked it and a mobb of people dove for it and it kinda rolled right out from under the mobb right at my feet...pretty cool..

i also have one from all the remains...un used and signed...when they wer settin up the drummer came out and I commented on his kit and he was chill to talk with me for min!! and gave me a stick signed! cool guy..
I've played the drums off and on for the past 10 years. Went to see Megadeth and Iced Earth opened for them Got that drummers stic and auto'ed by 4 of the 5 band members.

Either you or fuzz know Dave MacIntosh? From Dragonforce? He's probably the best drummer I've ever seen/heard and he broke one of his I managed to get.

As for Korn, their first album was their best. Their latest isn't all the bad either. I've seen them twice. First show was their better one w/Limp Bizkit.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

I'm rockin the remastered Little Feat live 'Waiting for Columbus'. It an awesome recording!
Greg Kitching
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

I was flippin through a few music mags today...2009 previews of whats coming out and whos putting it out.. Killswitch is gracing us with another album, looking forward to that one for sure!! Looks to be another good year for music?

Whats your fav album you bought this year/// I can't think of mine yet but I'll have an answer soon...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

KsE kicks ass. ANYTIME they come out w/a new one, it's a must have that day. That is by far my Fav band. May I ask what mag that was in? I was hitting a few of my fav groups sites looking to see who's recording and their site is a bit behind.

Best album I've bought this year, Slipknots- All hope is gone. Next year I can tell you right now will be KsE's.

Means they'll be touring soon. :wink: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

Im thinking it was in Revolver...then again thats the only mag title I can think of right now...I don't usually buy the music mags so Im not real familiar on all tahts out there...think its revlover though...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Thanks.

I'll go check it out today.

I did some google searching on it last night and found quit a bit on it.

I have an issue of revolver w/them on the cover. Got it autographed by Joel and Justin as well as my picture taken w/both of them.

Install:
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

I can see you're a serious fan of KSE eh?
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I believe this would be the issue?
I'll be buying it today at Barnes and Nobles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVOLVER-MAGAZINE-F ... 240%3A1318

You have no idea how serious. In that pic was their play list signed by Joel, Justin, and Mike D. I've met them 2 times. In all I have a cymbal signed by all of them, a 12" x 12" mat signed by all of them, a 11" x 8" signed by all of them, 2 guitar pics from the last time I saw them in concert and the 2 ticket stubs w/the marker they used to sign the mag (pictured in the frame) and as a fan club member I get first shot at any ticket sales I want, along w/meet and greets.

Those guys are the most down to earth rockers you'll ever meet.

Install:
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Here's the lot of it.

Install:
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Sweet! I'd like to read the Steve Harris article about Iron Maiden in that issue! Speaking of good drummers .. Iron Maiden's Nico Mcbrain is allot more talented then I ever expected. I attended a drum seminar he was at and I was amazed at his skills. Never would've guessed by their recordings. I mean he never stood out as being that good. But Wow!
Greg Kitching
OldSchoolFool

Post by OldSchoolFool »

Wow. You guys like a lot of stuff and seem to keep up with the latest. This thread rocks, great clearinghouse of good stuff for your good system.

That being said- I don't care for anything commercial. Period. If it's on the radio- no dice. I wind up listening to mostly old punk, and crap I have been hipped to along the way. New stuff has a hard time finding it's way into my busy world, so I go for comfort and mold my day around stuff I know.

Right now: Chrystal Method
Earlier today: Lois Prima (the original Gangsta'- look it up)
In my car: Link Wray (leather jacket rock from the day- someone's gonna get stabbed sounds like, oooh it's a rumble, but totally shitty recording)

Anything that gets me thru the day or to work/home without killing someone is good in my book.

Oh yeah, and Mexican Polka is the shit! Compressed to fuck over the radio even better. It might be commercial, but I don't understand what they are selling so it doesn't matter.
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

hmm. The long trip down was accompanied by silence, Amy macdonald and Eric Clapton's unplugged. Am I too mainstream? Right now a new FLAC rip of Nightwish' Dark Passion Play.

Bret
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nasum - Blind World
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Just found a new group that I'm downloading right now.

Becoming the archetype

Heavy metal christian rock!! :shock: You have to hear them.

http://www.myspace.com/becomingthearchetype

Install:
drivingdadevil

Post by drivingdadevil »

DevilDriver - The Mountian :twisted:
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

Becoming the Archetype is great....no where near mainstream metal...progressive with some great breakdowns...their first album "terminate damnation" blew me away...Im not a fan of their new vocalist on the their second album but its got some good stuff, and some really nice fulll bass mixed in to the recording.

I too enjoy Crystal Method as well, some great beats to pound with subs for sure...and I dig a little bit of Daft punk...they have some catchy stuff too.

as far as being "MAINSTREAM" goes...WHO CARES!! listen to what you like, listen to what you enjoy. If you dig clapton (which I do) bump clapton, if you dig lil wayne (not so much) bump that...

my younger brother is a really talented guitarist. He pushes lots of stevie ray vaugn, steve vai, ingwie malmsteen, and joe satriani's new album...whcih has one great track on it (can't remember the name.) so he keeps me plugged in to some good stuff I probably wouldn't touch otherwise.
Is this where Im supposed to write something catchy??
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

Poets of the Fall - Revolution Roulette - my, he's bitter :D

Finnish Heavy Pop - lots of distorted guitars, at least one gratuitous 1:30 guitar solo - not bad at all. And sounds much better than the old recordings.
Interesting chord sequences, too, no three-chord bullshit here.

Bret
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

I put Metalica's Death Magnetic in for another try. Got the shits of the f-ing crappy ass recording and threw it out the window! Gone for good :lol:
Greg Kitching
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Blastin some uuuuuunderground hiphop at the moment....... Some local P-town goodies.............
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

gkitching wrote:I put Metalica's Death Magnetic in for another try. Got the shits of the f-ing crappy ass recording and threw it out the window! Gone for good :lol:
Out the window! Nice one, dude :D
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

KMFDM - Wrath
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Been listening to the Raconteurs recently, "Consoler of the Lonely" from the Album of the same name.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

stipud wrote:KMFDM - Wrath
Ahh, I LOVE KMFDM. You done got me in a mood now

KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel
Boomshackalacka
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Greg may appreciate this one after that Metallica tragedy :lol:

Necrophagist - Intestinal Incubation
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdw_3KeB1RQ[/youtube]

Francious70 wrote:Ahh, I LOVE KMFDM. You done got me in a mood now

KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel
KMFDM4TMFWZOMG

Nothing like a bit of "ultra heavy beat" on a good stereo ;)
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Ahhhh ... what a lovely ballad :lol:
Greg Kitching