What are you rockin???

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
5.9Limited

What are you rockin???

Post by 5.9Limited »

all right...whats bein pushed through your system as we speak...List artist and album name...track name if you know it... turn it up!

August Burns Red - Messengers - these guys rock...hit em up if you've never heard of em.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

DJ P's Big Adventure.............
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I was rocking some Cypress Hill - IV on the slow drive to work today. Not sure what I'll hit up on the way home... maybe some surf rock ala Pollo Del Mar - Flash of Green.
Last edited by fuzzysnuggleduck on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Eradicate Authority by Cephalic Carnage from Exploiting Dysfunction
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Don't think me gay for this but...

Seal - System - "Amazing [This White Duke Edit]"
Boomshackalacka
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

stipud wrote:Eradicate Authority by Cephalic Carnage from Exploiting Dysfunction
I played some Cephalic for a friend who likes metal the other day... I got him interested :D
harobkr90

Re: What are you rockin???

Post by harobkr90 »

5.9Limited wrote:August Burns Red - Messengers
they're great!

i'm currently listening to A Day to Remember- For Those Who Have Heart
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Aw man, if you kids are going to listen to scenecore, at least make it deathcore. Just say no to whiny ballad vocals and flip haircuts! :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/thefaceless

You can thank me later ;)
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

The Killers- Hot Fuss. Its a few years old but I just picked it up last weekend.
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

uh oh, not another bre band.
just kidding. have you seen the waking the cadaver misheard lyric parodies on youtube?

i was just going to ask if you had heard of meshuggah from sweden but then realised theyre touring with the faceless in february.
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

"scenecore" ... is that what we call it now?? theres a new genre title everyday it seems...as fo rme... the "death" core not really my thing...call me a pansy but IM not really the dark death decapitation type... say what you want, august burns red has talent...and they're all under 23 years old I think...

haro - you dig anyother guys on the solidstate label??
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yep, I paid $100 for backstage tickets when Meshuggah came through town, only to have them get stuck at the border because they couldn't put down the bong for 5 minutes :lol:. Fortunately I managed to scalp the tickets off to some e-tard Ministry fans, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a refund, since they weren't headlining (it was Ministry's farewell tour).

Meshuggah has to be one of the best bands for a juiced up car stereo. Right up there with Decapitated:
http://www.myspace.com/decapitated
Last edited by stipud on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

5.9Limited wrote:"scenecore" ... is that what we call it now?? theres a new genre title everyday it seems...as fo rme... the "death" core not really my thing...call me a pansy but IM not really the dark death decapitation type... say what you want, august burns red has talent...and they're all under 23 years old I think...
Sorry I was being sarcastic, didn't mean any offense :lol:

And no, I just made up "scenecore" to describe pop hardcore/metalcore/screamo bands, since, as you said, they have way too many genres. Seems like every band makes up a new one just to show off how "individual" they are. :roll:

You might dig this band:
http://www.myspace.com/darkesthour
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

stip, damn, they've gotta be intense live. they tune so fucking low!

5.9- yeah man, destroy the runner and haste the day. a little as cities burn.
ever heard of evergreen terrace? or it dies today(met them last year, happened to be wearing my signed shirt today, the drummer played with an optimus prime helmet/mask on)
444 FED

Post by 444 FED »

I've been rocking some ICP the last few days, probably listen to some William Shatner and then some other randome stuff, I need to add some music to my iPod.
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

stip - yeah I knew you were kidding...I hate emo... i wish they'd all grow a pair and get over the fact that she dumped you...youre ugly and you can't even sing that well....get a life and MOVE ON already....
:D a bunch of friggin whiners... :)

haro...I have everyone of those bands...check out Becoming The Archetype...a cool brew of progressive metal, very different than most thats out there...so you down with the "god" metal too eh? good to hear!! haste the day's new album was pretty good too, liked it. ever listen to any underoath? Zao? I'll go old school on you and suggest
Living Sacrifice's Concieved in fire album..good stuff.

Any As I Lay Dying fans? i've seen them and All That Remains live twice in my town and it was awesome....all in favor of the mosh say "I"

while we're all on the subject...what tune do you think sounds best through your system...that one band's mix that just hits the spot and makes ya smile... Ive got a few but one of the more recent is All that Remains new album "Overcome" .. something aobut it sounds about perfect...a good wake up call on the way to work..
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Im listenin to Slayers Divine Intervention right now because I cant find my Seasons album :evil: :evil:
I gave Meshuggah a listen to, my buddy is into that whole Euro black death metal or whatever you call it now, theyre fucken talented musicians but Im just not into the whole growl like an animal " I cant understand a fucken word your sayin" singing style.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Any As I Lay Dying fans? i've seen them and All That Remains live twice in my town and it was awesome....all in favor of the mosh say "I"
I!

Nice to see some people that share the same musical interests as me.

Lately I've been listening to...

Norma Jean
Skyline Obscura
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
Deftones
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Francious70
Half Baked

Re: What are you rockin???

Post by Francious70 »

5.9Limited wrote:August Burns Red - Messengers - these guys rock...hit em up if you've never heard of em.
Saw them live with Becoming the Archetype and Demon Hunter, they SUCKED. Sucked hard.
Boomshackalacka
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

dwnrodeo wrote:
I!

Nice to see some people that share the same musical interests as me.

Lately I've been listening to...

Norma Jean
Skyline Obscura
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
Deftones
Listen to any Converge or Botch?
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

No, but I might just have to check them out. Thanks :)
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

dwnrodeo wrote:No, but I might just have to check them out. Thanks :)
If you like Norma Jean, you'll like both Converge and Botch... some people claim NJ straight up ripped off Botch riffs but I don't know that for a fact. Either way, they are in the same realm.

I love Converge, they fucking own.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

britney spears "blackout"

yeah
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bfowler wrote:britney spears "blackout"

yeah
Uhhh... :-s
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Bfowler wrote:britney spears "blackout"

yeah
You're a womanizer.