Basketball Megathread

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
5.9Limited

Basketball Megathread

Post by 5.9Limited »

Hey! Wheres the basketball thread huh?? :x Nobody likes hoops in here??? No celtics fans?? Nobody diggin' Lebron, or hatin' on kobe?? Anyone else sick of shaq's nicknames? Anyone agree that ray allen's got the purest shot in the world, or that NO ONE will ever be to the game , to do for the game what MJ did??? Anyone else disgusted by the size of endorsment deals? or amazed that these guys manage to find the time to plaster themselves with tatoos' head to toe?? Are there no stat freaks out htere?? No old school fans taht remember the days of bird and magic, mchale and lambier?

Anyone else out there wondering how many steps you can take before the refs actually call a friggin' traveling violation?? I thought it was two but I guess I was wrong.. Anyone else think tha Mark Cuban's the most annoying owner ever? Anyone agree that the "oklahoma city thunder" was a bad Idea???

Anybody rooting for anyone out there..?...are there no decent fans left? Am I the only one!?!?

:o Scream at me if Im not alone.
Is this where Im supposed to write something catchy??
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

I was wondering myself.....I only watch REAL sports :lol:
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

If Kobe ever gets his shit straight, he will destroy all of MJ's records.....IMO
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

3 steps is traveling
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

My teams.....

LA....Orlando
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Brandon Roy............... Rudy Fernandez.......... Travis Outlaw...............

TRAILBLAZERS fan for life................

Kobe can eat a dick......He's "good" but he'll never be "great".......... MJ will always be the bar to which all others will measure themselves..... Kids that never got to see him play (except in game film replays) know that MJ is GOD. He made the NBA what it is today..... Not to take away from the likes of Clyde "The Glide" Bird, Magic, Dr. J, "Pistol Pete" Maravich or any of the other greats..............but MJ opened the door to a whole new relm of great ball players................
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

I consider MJ to be a footstep....not a legend....the guys that made the game what it is are legends.....and nodody mentioned Dr.J :roll:
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

FuzzyHoNutz
"The Glide" Bird, Magic, Dr. J, "Pistol Pete"
:oops: :oops:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

dBincognito wrote:I consider MJ to be a footstep....not a legend....the guys that made the game what it is are legends.....and nodody mentioned Dr.J :roll:
Except me................. :P
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:
dBincognito wrote:I consider MJ to be a footstep....not a legend....the guys that made the game what it is are legends.....and nodody mentioned Dr.J :roll:
Dr.HIV :shock: :P :P :P
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:
FuzzyHoNutz wrote:
That's Majic Johnson....you retard :P :P
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

dBincognito wrote:
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:
FuzzyHoNutz wrote: Except me................. :P
That's Majic Johnson....you retard :P :P
:bong: :bong: :bong: Woops, my mind is on the NHL playoffs anyways, couldnt care less about homie ball :wink:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

hehehe...speaking of the thunder....who saw portland destroy them last night :)

big portland fan here
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

yeah OKC had a good first year huh?? durants pretty good but I have a feeling once he gets to be free agent he'll be on teh first train outta there...

celts barely pulled off a win last night against the sixers....barely...but not bad considering they had no KG, no Ray Allen, and a sick Glen davis...

and while I agree that Kobe could break SOME of MJ's records he doesn't have the influence and class that MJ had...OR THE DEFENSE.

dr.j was the man, a good friend of mine's father grew up in Philli in their hay day when the doctor was in... so I had him poundin' on me about how good he was when I was a kid...

and as for Orlando's concerned, i think they're good, but I think they need someone big to come along,, some sort of x factor to end up there to put them into title contention.... Dwight Howards def. ridiculous, but I think they still need someone else of his caliber at the point that can take the ball to the hoop, cause right now they live and die by the three....

ok...so playoffs are coming... whats your picks for the first round...who stays , who goes, who's your fave to go all the way...do the lakers have enough to beat Clevland or Boston in a 7 game series? Will Lebron and his crew have enough to beat LA or a HEALTHY Boston Celtics in the eastern finals?? any upsets on the way??? what do you think???
denim

Post by denim »

I follow college ball much more so then pro. But I try to root for the home team Wizards even when they are not doing so hot.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

i think playoffs are going west this year.

i think portland has a chance to topple LA....but i dont see anyone else doing it. they just have a roster that upsets LA. but im not sure if Portland could get past Denver or Houston. to even get a shot of toppling LA.

i dont think Boston OR Cleavland can upset LA. now that they have bynum healthy again, i think the real strength of the lakers will come out.

and holy fuck do i hate LA
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

Im with you fowler...I hate LA. I can't stand most of the team...my distaste towards the lakers dates back a ways too. Anyone remember Rick Fox???/ can't stand him... Robert Horry??? can't stand him, he's a whiner... kobe?? great player for sure, but can't stand him, Sasha Vujacic???/ are you serious your name is SASHA???? I dont care how good you shoot the three , that aint right.... I could go on....

the lakers are strong for sure, they have been all year...even I, a die hard celtics fan can admit that....clevland looks pretty good too, just not sure if bron-bron has big enough shoulders to carry the entire squad to a title, yeah he's got some support, but very little with any significant playoff experience and guile....

btw...anyone see the replay of Ray Allen gettin' into it with a cavs player the other night??/ kinda elbowed him in the junk and got a 1 game suspension..... Ray's not even close to a dirty player so I don't know if it was on purpose or not...pretty funny though...the dude deserves it for sportin' that hair... heres the link to the vid...enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgDF0oFM4Y :lol: :lol:
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

whoa!!! :shock: we're officially a "sticky" now!! never in my life did I think I'd be the author of a sticky on the greatest phorum ever...!! I'd like to thank the academy, and my produ... .ok enough with the BS...thanks to the admin's for makin' it happen...

-so the celt's beat the wizz without KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce...
-the cav's lost at home in OT, they didn't play most of they're starters...
-san antonio locked up the 3rd spot in west with an OT win over N.
Orleans
-dallas mavs beat houston and are the 6th seed in the west.
-miami wins without D. wade and he wins the scoring title for this year with an avg. of 30.2 ppg.

so heres the rundown, east and west... picks anyone??

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

#1 Clevland vs. #8 Detroit.
#2 Boston vs. #7 Chicago
#3 Orlando vs. #6 Philadelphia
#4 Atlanta vs. #5 Miami

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

#1 Los Angeles vs. #8 Utah
#2 Denver vs. #7 New Orleans
#3 San Antonio vs. #6 Dallas
#4 Portland vs. #5 Houston

:D
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

I take my teams of course....LA over Utah

Orlando over Philadelphia....hopefully
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

San at Dall should be a good game
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

TRAILBLAZERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunked the poop-nuggets by 28............. :shock: :D
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

no KG for the remainder of the season (we'll see) ... and the Green drops game one to the bulls... tough to watch , not gonna lie...
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

Wow this Boston vs. Chicago game is good 8)
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

LA is already up by 9....oh ya 8)
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

like anyone is worried about LA! blazers squeaked by. Houston just gives them fits.