THE OUTLAW IS IN!!!!!

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
bogart

THE OUTLAW IS IN!!!!!

Post by bogart »

Despite the heat I got some work done on the car today. Installed the outlaw and got the base of the rack done but not all in yet...building slips for fans for the outlaw...will eventually be running two ohm stereo all channels...for now it is running the front stage...m50 on the re 8s and the m100 on the xenon 6.5s and two xenon tweets each side...will double that once the door pods are done.

so now I am I think I'll start the trunk this weekend and start rewiring all the rca's and speaker wire that hasn't been done already...which is a lot. Have another run of ought to run back and set all the grounds up two two runs two...which is a pain in the ass as it is old school pg ought and stiff as all can be.

I've got to build the bottom and side plates for the rack in the hollow there and then build a new face for that box and drop the gs 15's on....I am thinking that they will do fine in an sq based system. I intend to build runners for the eq's on the back of the seats...there is room and I would like them to set up a bit in the back for easy tuning from the passenger seat...and tuck and hide all the wiring away...I was having phase issues with the subs firing into the deck with no room to breath so I shifted to box up to fire back....cleared alot of the crap back there out....

I need to get a few breakers to the rear battery...I know it...broke so it is waiting....all over but the wire is all secure for the time being

I took the temp on the inside of the car as I slipped the eqs and the outlaw in and it read 136 on the seat and close to 150 on the dash...to hot but I did it slow and easy....enjoy the pics
Attachments
IMGP1216.JPG
IMGP1216.JPG (137.51 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1210.JPG
IMGP1210.JPG (129.37 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1209.JPG
IMGP1209.JPG (128.9 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1217.JPG
IMGP1217.JPG (125.13 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1204.JPG
IMGP1204.JPG (132.66 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1206.JPG
IMGP1206.JPG (122.62 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1207.JPG
IMGP1207.JPG (120.62 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1211.JPG
IMGP1211.JPG (136.62 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1212.JPG
IMGP1212.JPG (135.21 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1215.JPG
IMGP1215.JPG (132.39 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1205.JPG
IMGP1205.JPG (128.15 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1215.JPG
IMGP1215.JPG (132.39 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
IMGP1214.JPG
IMGP1214.JPG (137.75 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
bogart

Post by bogart »

yeah the wiring is a wreck...the power for the outlaw is good but the ground will not be on the seat but below the other and the outer rack covers all but the outlaw in there...some neon and some slick logo work and she'll be set...

there is another m 50 going in the rear side panel in the trunk where the battery is now...it will be in the well with the exile and there will be a false floor with fans tucked under xenon x over housings to keep that cool and keep the truck somewhat....at least some anyway

still to be install but have...two sets of xenon 6.5s...one in front and one in back....two xenon fours for center....tidd10 custom...bass cube and lpl22 for the sub amp...rdp once I wire one to run on the rddp port...another crossfire 3 way x over and the subs that will stay...they will be 15s...but I am still tossing it around...
tonym

Post by tonym »

I hear you on the wire wreck....I had a few items that came that were over length..like 9 feet over... had to tuck all that in the side panel in the back..

I seemed to hide most mine ....Im sure you will do even better

Nice work and thanks for always sharin......gives ppl a good point of ideas to do things

That outlaw could look better.......IN MY CAR!!!!@@@!!!
bogart

Post by bogart »

hey.,..I've still got that piece here for you too. Send me a pm and I'll make sure to get that to you this weekend....thanks for the kind words. I just love that outlaw...It is the first amp I've really had as a project and did all the caps myself...swapped all the leds and built the rca jumpers for the internal crossover....sounds great///
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

doesn't look too bad.

But I have to say that it looks like the outlaw vomitted the wire dynomat origina (insert puking smiley) :)
bogart

Post by bogart »

thanks ttocs!!! Yeah...I am not happy with the wire like that but it'll just be like that for one or two days....one day this weekend I am going to rewire the entire front of the car and all the existing rca are out of there and zero points and going in and I'll solder em all to fit without all that crap....I left a length of wire on all the speakers because I am undecided on where all the x overs will eventually land....maybe on the rear deck...make a rack for the xovers and the 6.5 that are going in and stash the wiring above....

I put the eqs at an angle so all the power can be loomed in above and around the sides and the rca up the center....eventually It'd be ok....but I want the eqs up higher on the seat or at an angle...that is preferable....kick the seats down and pow...an eq right behind the front seat to tune....make life simple...could probably pull off an actuator to lift the back end from a dash toggle...but that sounds hideous to pull off. I've never worked with anything like that and I am fairly limited in what I can do in the shop....mostly wood tools and automotive stuff....metal work was never my thing really though I've done it back in the day....wee bit anyhow
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

nice nice nice nice- lil too much spaghetti, but you have already addressed that and dont need to hear it again... BUT

I wanna powder coat something- I have run out of scratched up, marked up, jammed up stuff to powder... I am now eyeballing some minty stuff (not)
Send me the EQ's and I can get like a gun metal blue, or whatever that is and powder up the EQ's... for you to have'em match up... :P :D :shock: :lol:

not to worry, i am not running out of stuff to PC... i have a couple DD10's to do, a ZBB34, and a couple 2240's... Think i will go with a nice gold vein on the 2240's... BUT would love to do your EQ's!

just thinking out loud
nice N-Stall though!

:shock:
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
bogart

Post by bogart »

hmmm....I've got a tidd10 I've got sitting here that I wanted tantrum black and I've got a few idea's with those logos I got from ya a while back...all one color with the logos ....mabye a blue close to the outlaw and chrome like silver or something on all the logo's/////sounds sick to me....let me get some pic's together to show ya what I mean and what I am thinking....If you need stuff to pc...I could keep ya busy for a while matt and I'm not shitting ya

I'll get some pics in the next few days and talk at ya...thanks matt

The outlaw is anodized that color and it is a titanium blue....sure you could come close....
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

yeah think so... and yeah that's right the outlaw is anodized isnt it? but yeah they have tranlucents (tranlucent PC) that is supposed to replicate the anodized finish... cant say how close it is, but i bet its a close call. The tantrum, (depending on where you order from) is called tattered black, hammered black, black river, etc... so yeah, tantrum is easy match....

I'll be here... just holla when you have some ideas to bounce around

m
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
bogart

Post by bogart »

I like the outlaw blue idea...I really do....I may just have you do a run for me in the not to distant future and just send it all to ya to do matching....be about 8 items....maybe another m50 too....hmmm,,,I'll get ahold of you in a day or two with some pics...the rails on the exile are solid metal too so they can be done to match too....I'll pm ya matt...lets get this ball rolling sometime soon!!!!
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Looking great Bogart! That Outlaw sure is pretty! Keep up the great work. I'll pm you about this weekend.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

you are a better man then i! i aint working on shit in this kind of heat!

i will have to swing by and take a listen
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
bogart

Post by bogart »

come by this weekend brian...evening as It'll be tore down thru the day most likely while wire goes in....your always welcome!!!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

not the speaker wires in the door jamn scares me. Please tell me you plan to fix that?

Keep it up and it will be done before you know it.
bogart

Post by bogart »

all of that is being rerun and replaced....all rca's...alll speaker and remote leads that arn't blue pg speakerwire are on their way out.

those wires have needed to go since they got put in....would you believe that outrageous audio did that? Grounded out...I taped and taped...fucked up....but getting through the wall their is a bitch so I never changed it out....
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

breaking out in a sweat just looking at that.....you must be putting that stuff in at 11 at nite...when it cooled to below 95
bogart

Post by bogart »

nope...worked on it most of the day...hot as all hell but some things are worth testing ones endurance of misery
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

would have thought that mine was misery enough---at least it wasn't 107*
bogart

Post by bogart »

I am sure that by the time I am done with this this summer I will be ready for the winter decline in install work....yours wasn't as bad....crawling through a trunk in this shit is for the birds and I must have sweated out 2 2 liters in a day...
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

hey looks good bogart, keep it up dont worry bout the wire we all know thats the teedous anoying job takes time. and Im loving ur products also man hey what type of xover is that ur using that I see next to ur 2 Ta230's and whats the model and does it passout the same signal voltage as it recieves I would greatly appreciate any info man! keep up with the pics and general info on the install.
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
bogart

Post by bogart »

the x overs are crossfire 3 ways....cx23L I do believe. I have two and paid 150 each for em....I really like em!!!! I needed the bandpass channels and I didn't want a 12 db octave slope on a three way...these are 6 db octave and they don't have the issues that can arrise with the 12 db slope in this type of stage....They have a 7.5 volt line driver and will take 8 in....I would recommend them for sure and for the price it beats the pg equivilent....They make a dash unit for it but eventually my sub amp will have a tld22 and a bass cube of its own and while I will run the sub through one of them....I don't need the 6db boost that it is equiped with....
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

The car sounds awesome! Bogart has that sound staged up front and I am very impressed! Keep it up!