wifes car

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Thunderdome

wifes car

Post by Thunderdome »

I actually started this install a few weeks back, nothing to crazy but the wife likes it simple, the sub will be switched out this is just a temp tll I decide what to use in here and the trunk is still un-trimmed but its a start for now and she has music so shes happy which in turn makes me happy :lol:
Attachments
IMG_9978.JPG
IMG_9978.JPG (70.42 KiB) Viewed 13006 times
IMG_9977.JPG
IMG_9977.JPG (56.82 KiB) Viewed 13006 times
IMG_9974.JPG
IMG_9974.JPG (59.47 KiB) Viewed 13006 times
IMG_9975.JPG
IMG_9975.JPG (65.16 KiB) Viewed 13006 times
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

are you going to paint those pieces?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

dam your wife have some nice car audio
if you ever want to get rid of the mb's let me know
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

ttocs wrote:are you going to paint those pieces?
there actually specklestone blue to try to match the doors but the color didn,t come out n the pics :hmm:

tried again but still not the best, its sunny today so cameras acting up a bit I,ll have to try again when its not so bright out might work better...... stay tuned :mrgreen:
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Haha I like how your "wife install" is better than most people's installs here ;)
ShockTherapy

Post by ShockTherapy »

stipud wrote:Haha I like how your "wife install" is better than most people's installs here ;)
I agree... the kicks and doors are better than mine! grrr. I need to take more time :clap: on my chit.
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Audible Physics XR3m (mid)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

If you ever want to sell that PAII let me know I'll buy it.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

NICE! C910 ftw!!!

Oh and if you ever decide to sell the 860MX.. I'ld be all over it. Would make a nice twin to mine :mrgreen:
AKA "THE HATER"
JayGold

Post by JayGold »

Can't tell from the pics, but does the A/D/S amp have fans to cool it under the plexi?

Plus, how did you secure it to the spare tire well?
14 PG amps from M/MS/ZX/Ti/LE and counting....the addiction continues...
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

ShockTherapy wrote:
stipud wrote:Haha I like how your "wife install" is better than most people's installs here ;)
I agree... the kicks and doors are better than mine! grrr. I need to take more time :clap: on my chit.

really it only took a few hours and like 20 bucks in material to finish, she reallys love them quarts though but I think ones almost blown starting to hear some noise out of it once in a while

keep you in mind Grid but these are some of my favourite pieces so it probrably wont be any time soon
-
-
-
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

JayGold wrote:Can't tell from the pics, but does the A/D/S amp have fans to cool it under the plexi?

Plus, how did you secure it to the spare tire well?
no no fans and its screwd to a board that is bolted down tried for the floating amp idea
-
-
-
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

:P nice setup, man!
I imagine it sounds very good and rocks very well!
thanks for sharing.
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Damn, an install page turned auction. Everyone looking to by something.

I've always loved the a/d/s amps, esp the 6 and 8 ch amp.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

12voltjunky wrote::P nice setup, man!
I imagine it sounds very good and rocks very well!
thanks for sharing.
Hey thanks :D

should sound a whole lot better shortly I just decided on a sub for it and thought I,d go with some old school A/D/S subs have a couple of the dvc 10,s from way back, huge efficient subs and there bnib to boot
-
-
-
Thunderdome

Re: wifes car

Post by Thunderdome »

well never could get these quarts to sound good in the front @#$% cars to damn small ( oh and she took a channel out of her amp as well) so had to rebuild system ended up with some Kaption audio mpt 6.5 up front and changed out the amp to a US Amps ax tu300c on the front end and a Soundstream Rubicon 502 on sub duty and this thing F^%#@$G pounds seriously hard and sounds amazing

No pics yet just roughed in for now till I make sure she's happy seeing as its allready been rebuilt twice due to her trying to tell me what gear to use as she knows so much more about this then I do. She just took it to work for the first time since the new gear went in so I,m kinda anxious to hear her reaction when she gets back, anyhow sorry to babble pics soon
-
-
-
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

had a couple of installs with quarts and had the same complaints.
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

yeah, thats why they ruled iasca for 10 yrs, because there were so many problems, installing quarts-and getting them to sound good- are we expecting to get 100hz info out of a 5 1/4, or what is the real problem? too bright, it definitely isnt the staging- thats one thing that quarts have typically done real well- I am being a little cynical, but am curious what you think is missing?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

they ruled for so long because they do sound good at low listening levels, were iasca listens to their system but when you turn them up, they are lacking. It was almost like you needed two eq's, one for when it was turned down and one when it was turned up. They do stage well but again when you turn them up, you will want more at least every custome I ever had said that. I never worked at a shop that sold them so it was only when the customer brought them in we used them but it was always with the same results. Didn't matter if you put alot of power to them or if they ran off the deck either...
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

davewaibel wrote:yeah, thats why they ruled iasca for 10 yrs, because there were so many problems, installing quarts-and getting them to sound good- are we expecting to get 100hz info out of a 5 1/4, or what is the real problem? too bright, it definitely isnt the staging- thats one thing that quarts have typically done real well- I am being a little cynical, but am curious what you think is missing?
the main problem was to bright.....if the car was a little bigger I could of made it work but couldn't have afforded the room needed to get the kick panel on a 90 deg angle from the listener so I tried angling slightly and then a little less but being so close and having them angled just sounded great imaging was dead in front of your face on both sides? untill a certain volume then just BRIGHT and it hurt, Iv'e run quarts in a few of my cars for several years includeing these ones in my wifes last corolla for 12 years with no problems but this car is just to small so a 2 way is more suited for the room I have to work with, that and the fact that the Quart 5 1/4 and tweet will make its way to my rx-7 with 2 5 1/4 s and 1 tweet allready there so its win win, and her car I believe sounds better then it ever has but she has new amps and deck so not a fair judgement on the speakers cause it is a joint effort with all the new gear
-
-
-
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

try gill cloth over the speaker it might lessen how bright they are. had to do it in a mk3 jetta back in the day sounded great after
Last edited by kg1961 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

kg1961 wrote:try gill cloth overr the speaker cover it might lessen how bright they are. had to do it in a mk3 jetta back in the day sounded great after
good idea 8) I'll keep it in mind next time

still tinkering with it just put in a lp 2202iq on the front end and its pretty good so far but I had to throw a pld1 on the sub amp as it was maxed out on the gains but not much output not sure if this is normal with SS amps or not but seems to need more voltage to get the subs going, gonna drive it to work tonight and check it out...
-
-
-
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

well I finally got some time to play with this again... I built a new sub box new door pods and some kaption mpt 650's,,,this thing rocks now :twisted: :twisted:

it's not all trimmed yet but heres a few pre lim shots to catch you's up

gonna put a lexan wall in front of the amps so she can still load groceries LOL once I get it done I'l post a few pic's
Attachments
amp rack
amp rack
amps.JPG (61.56 KiB) Viewed 12280 times
drivers door
drivers door
door shot.JPG (49.66 KiB) Viewed 12280 times
pass door closed
pass door closed
pass door.JPG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 12280 times
a shot of the subs
a shot of the subs
subs.JPG (44.49 KiB) Viewed 12280 times
-
-
-
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

talk about irritation...
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

How is that profile not deleted yet????
NOT 2 OLD YET

Post by NOT 2 OLD YET »

@ ttocs LOL Yeah! No shit! If I knew half of what she knows I would own PG! :wink:
Collection And Still Growing:
M-100, 50,2,44s, and 25
RT 66 #0840, Outlaw#1005, Bandit#1884, MQ430
MS2125, MS275, MS 2250 W/shroud 3MPS2500, 2 MPS2240 Custom MPS4740
EQ215, EQ215ix,EQ 230 W/TBAt, ZX600TI, 400TI, TI500.4
2 PLD1, MX2, 2 Leather Team PG Jackets
TBA (Dealer Display Empty Guts)10'XS Subs
AX204, 406 (New In Box)
Eclipse ECD413 + DSP1001 , 2 JL 8W6
Installed: PG MPS2500 and Modified By PG MQ430
ZBB34TI With ZRDT3, and RMD
Audison Bit 10