Wakeup's Install w/ New pictures 5/28/09

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

How big is the volume for each clone you´re running? And did u make it a little bigger so u can tune it with styrofoam in case u need to do so?

BTW: I´m curious now! :lol:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Hehe....Keep that under your hat tho for now...ok Joerg! :)

Chris has the exact #'s on the enclousres, but If I recall he said 2.4 cuft.....or something like that.
I'll let him chime in on it.
bogart

Post by bogart »

Hey...man the cyc's kick ass...two hundred watts each and it was rattling the stuff on the dash at 20hz clean as hell with no motor noise at all...the dd is in 3.65 net tuned to EXACTLY 45hz solely for spl. You are not gonna beleive this...with the cycs motor out by the time all the interior had 3 heavy coats of glass and re inforced they were measure around 1.8 ft cubed. Steve has five ti 9's going in so these were made to run ideally 20 to 50 and it seems to work...next week I'll go thru the wiring and really tune everything and get it on the rta...steve will take the pics...right now there is no bass cube or eq....but it is just tying stuff in together and making the rca's this weekend...we were on a get it in and get across town mission today...see the what we did today post in a couple hours lets just say we had a really good day :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

:)
Yes sir! Good day indeed! :)
Fantastic day!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Do you think an other brand of subwoofer is required or will 3 to 4 (not decided right now) clones supported by 2 TI9´s each door do the job?
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

sheesh....I played Rock, Rap, death metal...and it's TAKING it so far....I think 3 or 4 Clones should be plenty. And the 9's....Now if you are an SPL head like me....You might need an SPL Sub to go with. I have YET to hear the DD9512g in my install with the two clones together. I do know the clones are working GREAT. I know Joerg that you guys cleaned your cyclones, but LET ME TELL YA.....Chris is the MANNNN with cleaning these....not just taking care of the magnet, but also the bearings and stuff. just Fantastic! VERY Minimal noise if any at all.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

so what is the signal path for those? are the clones and dd on different lpls?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

DD is not currently running....

But ya they will be crossed differently...again Chris will chime in on what he has in store here!
bogart

Post by bogart »

right now they are just tapped in to the le...dd isn't running. Yes they will be on seperate bass cubes. There is one in the le, and there he has another for the dd....the cycs will run tied into the rear channel, not the sub and all through an eq 230 and an ax406 for the rears.. the 9's will be run bandpass via the ax as well. the front will run through a deq and it own ax 406 and two 900.7s will run just the front stage in a truly balanced system when it is all done...many moons from now but it is a start
bogart

Post by bogart »

oh by the way...you've been pm'ed brian
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

New pictures! Still got work that needs to be done...But at least she was prettied up a TINY bit before the dabor.

[/img]
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

looks DAMN good man. That enclosure makes that amp look small and that is no small accomplishment. I see you included some wooden blocks under it to help hold it.

I think the only little detail that bugs me is all the screws you can see, they stick out on the black pieces. some standard carpentry stinger drywall screws would blend in alot better being black.
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Steve, you may want to look into some of these!

http://www.gorancho.com/products/suspen ... mmerH2.php

:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep up the good work guys!
Greg Kitching
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Interesting Greg....I'll have to save my pennies...and find some for an Element.
culzero

Post by culzero »

looks awesome wish I could hear it.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

WHOOPIE WOWIE! Nice job guys! Real nice i Like it~!
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Thanks! All Chris man...All Chris...I helped him but I knoweth not what I doeth...

Just testing out a new lens....to see what I can do with it....
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Matt,

We'll get some of those signs and stuff on it when he gets done with that truck!

The wiring and screws and such will be dealt with soon! :)
The cleanup process is going to be a long road ahead.
bogart

Post by bogart »

once this truck is out of here it is back to steves truck and it is getting close...my install....a real one this time.....
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

I'm impressed with the originality of the install... Great job well done fellow Cyclone owner.

I liked the way you made it look industrial!!!!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

reallyxxxxxxloud wrote:I'm impressed with the originality of the install... Great job well done fellow Cyclone owner.

I liked the way you made it look industrial!!!!
YES! That is the way we wanted it to look...Industrial....and such! The cabling will be changed....heavier gague...and no blue!....as the blue, kinda makes it look like a toy etc.
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

If your not careful you'll get pulled over for carrying a nuclear dirty bomb... :lol:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if you want the wiring to look tough and industrial keep the blue wire but wrap it in some techflex eith black or carbon. The blue will just barely shine through but the flex makes the wire look sexy and tough as hell.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

ttocs wrote:if you want the wiring to look tough and industrial keep the blue wire but wrap it in some techflex eith black or carbon. The blue will just barely shine through but the flex makes the wire look sexy and tough as hell.
Hmmm....Interesting...might you have a link as to what types you think would work well?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

http://www.techflex.com/prod_PTN.asp

That is the official site that shows all the colors, you have your choice. I used it in my mustang and will see if I have any close-ups that show it. If you use the thinner stuff it is harder to put on the wire as you have to stretch it a little more, but when you do that the wire is exposed a little more and gives a cool look. I would probably go with the black or carbon but I never have notice the clear before. I ordered mine off of either parts express or there is a couple of people on ebay I think. There is one high-end home audio dealer that sells it in town here but it ain't cheap by the foot.