1999 Acura CL 3 day install...

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Jim Truett

1999 Acura CL 3 day install...

Post by Jim Truett »

I whipped this out in about a total of three days over the last two weeks. It's a '99 Acura CL, so basically a Honda Accord with fancier sheetmetal and a nicer interior. Nothing Special.

Premier DEH-P860MP deck
MB Quart Discus 6.5" components
Cheap ass Kicker 12s
Octane LE

kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

very nice can you send me more pic of the build I might use this idea for my new tl
thanks
[email protected]
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
BlaXXun

Post by BlaXXun »

Nice, but why you hide the Octane?

Flo

Post by joyride »

perfect stealth install. Great work. There is something about the simplicity in these types of installs that I love.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

gotta keep it a little functional. If you have ever held an octane, or tried to hide one yourself the better question is HOW did you hide that big ol beast...........

Looks good! How hot does it get under the glass? I saw your fans on the side but with the glass so close to the top the factory cooling will be severly limited.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nicely done! Got any buildup pics?
Jim Truett

Post by Jim Truett »

BlaXXun wrote:Nice, but why you hide the Octane?

Flo
Because as I type this there is a 30# can of R134a freon, a vacuum pump, and a digital scale in my trunk.

It has to retain some functionality, even though I have a Superduty for the heavy stuff.
ttocs wrote:Looks good! How hot does it get under the glass? I saw your fans on the side but with the glass so close to the top the factory cooling will be severly limited.
There is almost 1/2" between the plexi and the amp, as well as the fact that the Octane cover is taller than a standard Ti, so there is plenty of room for cooling. It doesn't break a sweat, even at a 1 ohm load on the
low pass side of the amp.
stipud wrote:Nicely done! Got any buildup pics?
Unfortunately not. I was in a mad dash to get it done because I have several other obligations taking my time right now. I will add pics with the cosmetics removed later.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

wow i missed this...lol

nice job jim..
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!