Bogart's Truck install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Bogart's Truck install

Post by Wakeup »

Here's a picture of Bogart's truck install. I'll let him explain what is going on.

All I know is it contains a bunch of MB Quarts Comp sets...
2 JL W0 10's...
2 12 w3's??? and a single 12w7.

Here's pictures of the progress:

Misfire

Post by Misfire »

That looks BIG! I would almost be scared to get into that! Though the massage might be great! Looking good. Like the pictures!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

hehe ya totally fun!
The two 10's get loaded on the TOP of the box...hard to see I forgot to take pictures of the top plate of the box...it looks pretty nice...

The center hole is going to get widened and will house the W7.
W3's on the left and right holes.

Only PG products I can think of that are going in is a DD5, and a Circuit Breaker ...or two.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

the box blocks the rear speakers?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Hehe....YES....it was ALREADY known that it would...

But Chris will have to explain...wasn't HIS idea....was the OWNERS....I believe....so ya.....there ya have it hehe....I'll let Chris speak on it...As I really dont know exactly why they had to do that or why they chose to do that or.........however you want to explain it....

There are MORE speakers installed....I forgot to take that are in the doors and up top near the top headliner of the door?! I can't remember ...there's a tweeter installed on each side.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Oh and I suppose you can see the top plate in one of my pictures...just not extremely well.
bogart

Post by bogart »

Ok here are some more pics...the box is big but is bolted under through the floor and the back and will be quite secure. Yes the box blocks the rear 5.25s which are a dedicated mid via mb musiccomp 3 ways with the tens on the low output and there are two plate mids in front of it run via a two way...there is a 6.5 Q two way that arn't hidden.

The entire install is sq based overkill...there will be a total of 47 drivers in the cab which the box has taken half of...think of how loud that many drivers will be in a cab that now barely has 20 cuft of airspace left in it and all are staged....the only thing left to built are the visor pods for 4 more premium os's and the upperwindow plates and the car has ballpark 2800 rms to drive all.

the head rest sits literally 4 inches from the entire rear plates and about two from the 10 that are a mid bass driver...not really concerned that a mid range is buried honestly...though it would poke out some when I in visioned it but that is how it goes sometimes and I'm not gonna cut an inch off the rack and there needs to be some space for kinetics batteries that are in the sides behind the xovers

did everything on this one myself as far as construction goes including all of the leather...lambskin...poor things...had to slaughter a herd for this as they are pretty small skins...but so soft and pliable that I can't complain.
bogart

Post by bogart »

pics
Attachments
car wreck and install 026.jpg
car wreck and install 026.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 027.jpg
car wreck and install 027.jpg (59.55 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 029.jpg
car wreck and install 029.jpg (80.76 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 030.jpg
car wreck and install 030.jpg (86.06 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 032.jpg
car wreck and install 032.jpg (78.81 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 033.jpg
car wreck and install 033.jpg (78.24 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 036.jpg
car wreck and install 036.jpg (83.59 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
car wreck and install 037.jpg
car wreck and install 037.jpg (84.48 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

Holycow that is a butt load of speakers for that tiny cab space, install wise it looks great, but seems a tad overkill on the speaker arrangement. I'm sure this is one of those Owner wants this and that and won't listen to reason.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
99 Grand Am GT, Xenon & Ti
71 K5 Blazer, Ti Elite & Xenon
07 Avalanche (still stock, I think wife won)
bogart

Post by bogart »

that and some of it is patching old holes...the little tweets in the door. Personally I've avoided tying extra components into passive xovers due to the shift in crossover frequecies that it creates...could end up with a peak that is untunable or a gap that a stage won't run in theory, so this is a first for me and it is per the owners desires...I will tell you what I think when I have to bust out the rta and try and eq it flat. it is equalized to a ridiculous extent and that will end up being the systems grace point.

It is also great that you won't have to really push any driver to maintain stupid amplitude and pressure within the cab and all the components are os premium two way, three way, q two way or wide range 8 ohm plates strapped to four again and all of the passives are musicomps or premiums

the amps are all jl slash stuff...the line up really. 1000.1, 500.1, 300.4, and a 450.4. All and all it will be a fun system that will display well...as an installer I am bound most often by owners ideas but I strive to to insure craftsmanship and stability are sound and well above and beyond what is expected of within the industry and in the end that is all I can stand by...and that the bitch won't burn on the freeway...the right way in everyway.

as sits I've got about 250 hours into the entire truck...all the electrical and wiring has been yarded and rerun and distributed. the plates, rings and all the upolstry has been redone and dynamat set...the entire intirior and dash have been yarded and reset and harnessed...and it will be another day or two yet added...ya'll local folk ought to swing in and check it out...ought to have it running tonight...more wiring and another plate to finish for the amps you won't see and the deqt or what ever the monster is...audiocontrol and then an epic 160...
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

keepin the speaker wires straight has to be fun! nice job! ya know...which what you had to work with
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Agh...

Rear fill in a small truck?
Multiple point sources all over the place?
Mix and match subs?

This install hurts my brain. But at least it wasn't your idea. The parts that you were responsible for, especially the box, looks great.
culzero

Post by culzero »

that looks insane
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

has the customer ever heard the word imaging?

I can't imagine trying to tune it with the rear speakers 5" from the drivers head.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

More pictures of the install work:

bogart

Post by bogart »

good pics steve...well...the front and all the wiring in the base is in as well as the kinetic...this install is the biggest pain in my ass that ever has been. Just keeps going and going. Will have tunes in it tomorrow by noonish...

I am anxious to see what it will do...that eq ought to do it but that is something the owner is gonna have fun with...it is gonna be loud.

the staging thing in this is gone...staging and imaging are not the owners goal...more enveloping and sound from every angle...the bitch here is gonna be toning the rears down so that the front stands alone

loud and clean...not gonna win the hearts of sq fans anywhere but it will indeed be something to see....if it was mine I'd have a couple solo x 18s back there and a big ass plexi windshield to tote around to comp it...but it isn't and it won't

I've been wiring it most of the day again and built the rack for the side amp and the tray for the dqs and it is still here...
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

Hey I am the owner, and there is definitely a plan hear, one that is infinitely tuneable, between 8 passive crossovers,(all adjustable) and 180 bands of equalization, there is a method to the madness- the old system sounded great, and this one can only sound better, and is more flexible-

as far as sq fans go- I disagree with chris a bit here- there is a reason why os quarts were the choice of iasca for a decade and a half- untill they were raped, much like the current/no extinct PG equipment-- sounds like I am bitchin- but this is not going to be a boom/sizzle vehicle- staging is going to be awesome, especially when the visor pods are done- Anyone can make a car shake apart---its just money - when your at a concert, do you want to sit in the upper deck, or front row center- this is going to be front row, in fact maybe on the stage- as far as rear fill, they have this thing called a fader-
bogart

Post by bogart »

Hey Dave...when I said sq fans I really meant the more traditional crowd...comps and a sub...I myself am reserving my judgement of the system by what it does and is capable of doing once it is in...another day :lol:

No doubt that quarts sound great...I've owned and run them myself...though only three ways...the success of this system relies on out ability to tune it and I think we can do it and get it flat...I personally believe that it will rock and perform well...it should...we have put alot of time into this in both planning and building this, it isn't a fly by night and loud her with drivers totally...there has been a plan and for the most part it is there as planned

some extra's added, but all electronic's...the dd5...which I gave him due to the complexity of the wiring...anything to simplify it...hopefully it will be up and going tomorrow. I've got an open invitation for members here to come over and hear it and see it if you are interested and let that experience be the basis of judgment.

it isn't your everyday install and by my own judgement on the quality of the build it is pretty close to perfect as I saw it in my minds eye on the build up...so, beer and a small celebration for friends...my driveway will be clear again and ready for the next project

So who is next to get their ride seriously pimped anyway...one small one lined up and will be poking away at steves...????
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

you should take a picture of your floor, and show whats going in the intrepid- my system may seem tame by coparrison- jealous of your eqs' tuning will be minutes instead of hours, - systems, ideas, and opinions are difficult things to deal with and accept- often they are a matter of taste- or experience-
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

davewaibel wrote:you should take a picture of your floor, and show whats going in the intrepid- my system may seem tame by coparrison- jealous of your eqs' tuning will be minutes instead of hours, - systems, ideas, and opinions are difficult things to deal with and accept- often they are a matter of taste- or experience-
Ya that is true....

As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder...that is for sure. Same with Audio.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

welcome to the forum dave. That should be a loud system when it is finished. I wish I could hear it to see what it sounds like, are you planning on any competitions with this?

with all of the tunability of that system I am glad that I am not the owner or installer as I am not sure if I would ever be happy with it. I am the kind of person who always wonders "what if I turn this down a little and that up a little?" I am not sure if I would ever be able to keep from adjusting this or tuning that.......
bogart

Post by bogart »

well It is now 12:40 and I just finished the mounting plate for the w7...the only remaining driver left uninstalled. It is loud, I started playing with the eq this evening and played a variety of music...sounds good.

need heavy equalization. Tomorrow we get it on the rta and set it flat...the eqs is quite the tool, but it is a pain to set up....more pics tomorrow when it is done done done