My new install 60+ pics *UPDATED more pics and more goodies*

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: sorry bein blonde for a min duh I get it jus allot of freakin equip I know but hey my cd player goes to 45 and at 20 it freakin loud and clean and both amps are set to 6v sensitive on the gains (which is all the way down) and its set at 0 on all adjustments and its claen as can be Im still amazed at how clean it is espcially the sub.
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

lol you do know of the movies "Back to the Future" !!! the Flux Capacitor is the drive unit that allows the car to travel in time...

Got you again :lol:
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Ok guys spent the day doin some more final details to my latest install. Now Im still not all the way done yet but Im getting happier and happier with the install, sound quality and jus functionality of the whole system. Today I took out the mini enclosures out of the doors and WOW was stupid right that they needed the whole door for the enclosure WOW WOW due the sound even better. I also redid my false floor that covers all my gear. If you look closley you will see that I recut it and recovered it with carpet and added door hinges to it (Im loving the functionality of it) also I added a false panel carpeted that you will see when the door is closed you cant see any of the equipment now from knee level. Also I used the factory carpet on top of the false floor to look a little more factory cause I coulnt find any matching carpet. Also youll see the two high flow CPU fans that are push and pull system on the 600.2 now thats it at 2 ohms bridged. I replaced my old gear mounting screws with new square head bit screws so theives will be like shit I dont have a screw driver like that. Then youll see my new RDDP that I made my self with a tri-color (blue-on/cool, red-protection, orange-thermal) LED and CAT5 cable for both amps for temp status up front so I can monitor my amps while they are working. Also Ill post a thread under car audio for what colors are what for making your own RDDP well anyways guys I hope you like what Ive done so far please leave me some suggestions and remarks thanx again. Later.
Attachments
Every color matches freakin awsome
Every color matches freakin awsome
RDDP 014.JPG (60.95 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
RDDP 010.JPG
RDDP 010.JPG (51.5 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
when truck is first started (1-2 secs)
when truck is first started (1-2 secs)
RDDP 013.JPG (50.12 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
RDDP 008.JPG
RDDP 008.JPG (42.45 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
ZX450
ZX450
RDDP 019.JPG (88.65 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
Ti600.2
Ti600.2
RDDP 018.JPG (69.61 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
New trap door
New trap door
RDDP 016.JPG (123.22 KiB) Viewed 11259 times
newer false floor
newer false floor
RDDP 015.JPG (100.14 KiB) Viewed 11259 times

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
tonym

Post by tonym »

Nice work...thanks for all the pics
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

ttocs wrote:it allows you to reach the necessary voltage of 7.7 jiggawats of power which is needed to allow our amps to travel in time. It is the real secret of pg and why we are all into them. Not that you are in the inner sanctom and know the secret you must swear to never tell anyone or face the ultimate punishment of a flux cap hooked up to your genitals........
Dammit that was supposed to stay in the circle.... :wink:
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Wife hooked mine up last week..... still waiting for them to reappear!!!! :shock:
reallyxxxxxxloud

Post by reallyxxxxxxloud »

Looking good dude can't wait till you totally finish it!!!!

You do know your PS sub is upside down :P
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

yall need to stop messin with me :wink: I had to go back and look to make sure if it was actually upside down :lol: thanx for the comments and suggestions I really appreciate them I hope they keep coming. Ill have some little to do over the next month Ill keep ya'll posted. Ill prob paint my cpu fans black and paint the inside of the port here soon and also raise moth amps about 1/2" for better cooling sometime soon. Thanx again guys I hope yall have been enjoying the pics as they come :wink:

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^i am! thats a sweet setup!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Misfire wrote:Wife hooked mine up last week..... still waiting for them to reappear!!!! :shock:
if your married you have not needed them for some time now anyway.....
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

nice instal man and I can't believe the bass off of only one 12 :shock:
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
bogart

Post by bogart »

that is too funny....you guys are just terrible!!!! The install looks great....I love to see people do it right from the gate...My car is a wreck...I am shamed to say!!! nice work. How the hell do you get so much done and still take so many pictures????
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I find it hard to remember pics unless I have the camera pretty much right around me. When doing stuff like that myself I just go from one step to the other, to the other, ect. Hopefully I know a couple of steps ahead of where I am but sometimes you are just making it up as you go and that is when it is hard to get pics.

Keep your camera(a cheap one mind you) on your workbench and whenever you need to clear it and move it take a quick pic
bogart

Post by bogart »

I try to do so, but both my camera and now my blackberry have fiberglass on em... dammit...I am messy. My biggest issue is with organization...too much stuff and nowhere to put it all in a useful and consistent fashion.

Give me two days of moving stuff in and out of the shop and the shop is a wreck. Add one or two people to the fray and the shop is non functional. I built racks and a spray booth...so that space just cut out area that can be used to stow stuff and I've got three rooms of the house full of stuff for the remodel,,,equipment and tools. Half the problem is that the house is only half done and we are out of funds to complete...so everything is everywhere and half the shop/basement is used to stow stuff from all over the house...

And I have a one track mind...I've got to focus in steps and once I get going I just go and go and deal with the wreckage later. At work, it isn't an option...but at home it is how I seem to work fastest...I just have to clean and put everything back when it gets to the point where it pisses me off. Thanks ttocs
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

man it sounds like a good thing we don't share a shop. If i need something I get it, and if I need to use it somewhere else it will probably end up there for a little while. I have to remember where I used a tool last to find it, but clean and organize everything inbetween projects.....
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I'm that guy whos garage is a mess and knows where everything is. My wife is helping me get it organized.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Thanks for all the comments guys! :thumbs: I was really worried it would be an "OK" install to yall cause allot of yall have some really great work put into yalls systems. Now to bogart, ttocs, and smgreen Im all of ya'll 3 combined when it comes to organization in general. Before I sold my house back in feb to move in w my gf I had a garage and Im the type where I would do some work and shit would be everywhere for a week or a day while I would be doin whatever project then when I was done the next day I would go back and clean up but while messy I know where everything is at for some odd reason. I just kept thinking about how I at least owe all the people Ive been dealing with on here sale and trades and whatever else, I owed them pics of this install cause they would always say "cant wait to see pics" so thats how I always remembered pics was for ya'll. :thumbs: :thumbs: Now this project I did outback of our townhouse in a grassy field about 50ft from the "shed/garage" thats a locked 5x5 outdoor closet. LOL :shock: and only w a circ saw, jigsaw, non plunge router, miter saw, cordless drill and any other basic tools OH and my most important, my workmate bench man I love that thing best $100 I ever spent :!: abd a 50ft extension cord buts thats it MAN I miss my garage :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: my work is so much better. Well here's what my final thoughts are on what I wanna do to finish up this 3 yr install (bout every 3 years I change eveything) before I start my next projest install (hint hint its an orange 06 dodge startus R/T :twisted: :twisted: oh only 100 made muhahaha I just bought pics tomarrow!!!!!) But wanna add a AC DDC, another zx450/ti475, pair of 4" midrange upfront make a 3-way set up, move TBA set upfront, umm plexi the false floor so see eveything w/out lifting the whole floor, trunk cylinders to keep floor up when raised, wanna install a new H/O alt too 1st prorogative. I think that maybe it Im sure Ill think of a thing or 2 also.

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
BIGPGFAN

Post by BIGPGFAN »

Wow that is one nice install :clap:
knightrider358

Re: My new install 60+ pics *UPDATED more pics and more good

Post by knightrider358 »

hey guys I shoulda added these a while ago over the summer since I did some major work on "Bessie". As you may remember the install I did years ago when I got into PG.........because of you all and this forum :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I did a pretty big and elaborate install, well at leats for me. I may not have the nicest install as I am decent, but I like quality sound which matters to me. Well anyways, 3 years ago I had some suspension issues with Bessie and also needed an extensive engine over haul. She currently has 263,000mi. But I tell ya :twisted: what she is my fav car I have had so far in my life. She has never once left me stranded, so she deserved this overhaul. Remember shes a 1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.5ltr V6 4x4

heres a list of the maintenance I did along with the upgrades.

Spark Plugs
Filter & cold air intake
Plug Wires
new battery
upgraded alternator (Caddy deville was 80A stock now 140A)
valve cover gaskets
throttle body cleaning
throttle body gasket mod
water pump
idler pulleys
timing belt
alternator belt & pwr steering
vacuum lines replaced
coils
cleaned and painted valve cover gaskets
replaced rear shocks with bilsteins
toytec 2.5" front and rear lift
front & rear diff & transfer case flush and new oil
new tranny filter, flush and new oil
body bar and rewax
removed running boards
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's 33's

so she sat for 2.5 years and looked like this before I did all the work
sitting.jpg
heres all the parts
Parts.jpg
Shocks.jpg
Lift Kit.jpg
Heres before I did the rework
Engine.jpg
heres during
Rebuilding.jpg
heres after engine was done
Rebuilt.jpg
Now heres how she looks pretty much today except the running boards are gone I LOVE HERE TO DEATH!!!!!!!
Beach.jpg
beach2.jpg
Let me know what you guys think of her now.

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

love 4 runners. in oregon even old ones are priced like they are made of solid gold. that thing will outlive you now!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Renovatio

Post by Renovatio »

nice clean install. good work man! :) just few questions, why did you use plastic pods instead mdf pods, i mean music always like wood best than plastic :) and also you can redo easy one thing, use pvc cable shield in engine compartment. again nice install, for daily use :clap:
Sounds like music...
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Bfowler wrote:love 4 runners. in oregon even old ones are priced like they are made of solid gold. that thing will outlive you now!
They are brian, i looked up her value, and shes worth about $4,500 @ least!

Btw she doesnt use any oil between oil changes and i have no leaks anywhere and she doesnt have any frame rust or under body panel rust. Ive had her since 08 and ill prob never get rid of her!

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Renovatio wrote:nice clean install. good work man! :) just few questions, why did you use plastic pods instead mdf pods, i mean music always like wood best than plastic :) and also you can redo easy one thing, use pvc cable shield in engine compartment. again nice install, for daily use :clap:
The plastic pods i did away with a month after i did the install cause theres was no mid bass. It was a trial and error thing.

Also guys since the install i no longer use the blk zx 450 and ti600.2

Im saving the blk zx450 for the truck install since i have a matching blk zx500. Currently im using a ti800.1 for sub and a ti500.4 for mids and highs off a premier 880prs on 3way mode and the amps are on bypass cause the hu is xover active.

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

4runners are cool, but yeah they hold their value well!!!

Yours looks good bud :)
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

twisted wrote:4runners are cool, but yeah they hold their value well!!!

Yours looks good bud :)
Thanks man

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA