My Truck!

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ChaosWarlord26

My Truck!

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

This is the day I bought it.

This was a few months afterwards. I added a cold air intake, Dual exhausts, and a bed cover at this point.

Now I have started my stereo craze in this truck.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

I did Pro Audio back in my day and was able to help several others while here. To the Point I am going to be doing a custom stereo install in the Dodge. It will be designed for SPL contest. I could not think of a better place to post the project than here.

The products I am mainly using are Soundstream for the core build. I am going to replacing the whole entire audio system. It will consist of 3 15's behind the seat, the center seat removed and a center console/amp rack installed in its place. Replacing the doors speakers with 6.5 components.

Now here comes the complete list and pictures of everything I have.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Audiocontrol Four.1

Audiocontrol Epic-150

Audiocontrol 24XS

2 Shuriken SK-BT60 Batteries

3 SoundStream PW-15S Subs

SoundStream PCX-1500D

SoundStream Rubicon 2.250

Power Acoustik PCX-10F

Eclipse 8062 6.5"

Misc Wire and fuse holders...

High Gloss Black Vinyl for the Box.

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Now here are the Before Pictures....

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

This was done back in early June!

Well needless to tonight was a very productive evening. I have my sub box completely built except for covering it with vinyl and here are the pics.

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Well I accomplished quite a bit more tonight. But I only have a couple of photos.....Will take more tomorrow before I continue on....I removed the center seat, the rear storage bin, and center seatbelt system. I test fitted the box, and built my center console. Tomorrow on the agenda I plan on finishing the vinyl on the box and mounting it behind the seat. Then I plan on running my main wiring and covering the center console. Well here are the Pics....

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

not it really isn't that bad. I have more pics also....many many things complete tonight.

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Well everyone Friday was a very productive day for me. I took off my door panels, installed power door lock modules for keyless entry, ran the wiring for it and then pre drilled new holes for the mounting of my 6.5's for the door and completely re-wired the panel for the crossover and tweeter. And I added my usb cable to te CD-Player for my Iod Touch or other media. Also ran the speaker cabling from the amp into the dash to power the newly installed component set. Here comes the pictures.

I know the cernter console is a wiring mess but I still have some work to do. What is left is to install my Alarm system and another layer of window tint.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Alright just so everyone knows, this was my first build in the truck and I am now redoing it. I am going with a single 18". THIS system was built earlier this summer and will be gutted soon and finish over the winter months. I wil be competing starting in the Feb. 2010 time frame. Don't worry though I will be update this thread with my new install pics every step of the way.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Thanks for sharing with us! That must be outrageously loud... 3 15's in that tiny cab! Damn :shock:

Clean up the wiring in your center console a bit! It only takes a bit more time, but it makes a biiig difference in the visual appeal.
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

I agree with you there. It is all be pulled out though and the center seat is going back in. I am having a custom battery boxed fabbricated for me to house the other battery under the hood and then I am going to find a way to neatly install my amps....

I haven't got to play with it a hole lot because og my 3 min drive to work....lol
I have managed to pull a 148.9 with it. I know it has more in it but I will find all that out with my new install because I am also going to go sound deadning crazy with it all.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
denim

Post by denim »

Good looking truck, nice equipment. :)
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

what 18 are you going with? Maybe RE xxx 18 inch sub? haha
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

deathcloud wrote:what 18 are you going with? Maybe RE xxx 18 inch sub? haha
I only wish I could fit a sub with that kind of mounting depth. My max mounting depth is somewhere around 11-12". if that was the case I would go with a Orion HCCA 15...... In all seriousness I am looking at the SSA XCON 18 and the RE Audio SX18, I like the SSA much better but the mounting depth may be the decision maker. Thanks for the comments. Many thing are going to be changing with this install as I have already added an in-dash DVD unit. I plan on installing a couple of LCD Visors, and a Xbox 360 as well....Going to some flash as well.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

ChaosWarlord26 wrote: if that was the case I would go with a Orion HCCA 15....
Our local store just got one in yesterday. I was there when it arrived and helped take it out of the box. It was a D4. I wished I had my camera for pics.

IDK how they claim that it's a 15" when the mounting Dia alone is @15.5"???
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Are you talking the original RE SX? Or the new US Amps owned RE?

I would go for the Xcon myself... my little Dcon is great :)
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

stipud wrote:Are you talking the original RE SX? Or the new US Amps owned RE?

I would go for the Xcon myself... my little Dcon is great :)
I believe the one I am looking at is the original RE SX, I really like th Xcon more as well, but it is all about the mounting depth.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Ok everyone I have done a couple of different build to the truck since this original post so there are about to be a lot of pics coming. I have since been to two competitions here in KY. I have placed 3rd in both. The second install I redone an enclosure for the soundstreams and only went with 2. and now the last enclosure I have is for a single SSA 15" Icon. This is what I have been competing with. Also since then I have been accepted on Team SSA and will be do a completely new build with 2 new 12" Xcons from them for next season. Enough with the babble, on to the pics. Please ask any questions you may have and comment away.

This enclosure was built to spec for 2 Soundstream PW-15S. Net was 3.2 cubes and tuned to 32hz with two 3" Double Flared ports 10" in length.

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

I will post more this evening.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

I am curious how the new soundstream stuff stacks up... if the amps are putting out rated/over/under? Subs, clean or muddy? etc...

I know they have been trying to make a comeback, but thats only as good as the components they are pushing.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

These subs were their entry level. I got them for $95 a piece. For Entry level I was impressed. They did sound strained to get real low. I would say that the Subs are rated right on the money. Now for the amps I have no complaints. I would rate the Rubicon 250.2 dead on the money by judging by ear. I wouldn't say it is over or underrated. Now the PCX1500d I would say it probably right on the money as well. When I had it hooked to the 3 soundstream 15's It was all I could do to not blow them. I also had it wired to .667 ohm as well. Now with it on the Icon 15 I could probably blow it. I have abused it rather badly in the last comp. It got really hot but when I hooked the DMM to it everything read out true to the ohms. I can't say enough about the Icon though, it gets low and extremely loud for what it is. I will say this in the end about soundstream, I am happy with the amp purchase I have made but I know there is a lot better out there. Sundown is a better amp for bass for sure, but I got my 1500d for half the price of what a Saz1500d would cost. I would say the sundown is better but not twice as good. I still have not upgraded to the new Reference amps so I can not compare them to the old but everyhting I read, heard and seen I would it is just as good.

I hope I didn't ramble too much.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

My last box is as follows for the SSA Icon 15 D2:
3.25 cubes net. Port for 32hz, Port is 34 sq. in. 4" x 8.5" x 25"
This is he setup I have been competing with this year so far. I have been to two comps. and at both of them I have taken 3rd. At the first comp. it was a charity event and everyone competed with a peak hold style of competing. At this comp. I was able to blow out a 143.3db at 36hz. At the next comp it was setup for a streat beat style. There are 3 back to back rounds all calculated as an average. The first round the mic is under the dash for 15sec, the second round the mic is on the winshield for 30 sec, and the third round the mic is at the headrest for 45sec. Each round is based on average and then all three rounds get averaged together. Also music is required for play, not test tones or bass cd's. With this style I was able to average out a 136.7db.

Now onto the pics.

Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Also a few more things to add. I been accept of the Team SSA over on www.soundsoulutionsaudio.com Denim and his partner will be getting my truck up on their page soon and this also means big plans for next year. My current plan will include 2 12" Xcons and another PCX1500d amp. That way I will be running double my current power. I am also planning on buying a DC Power 260 amp Alt. and some bigger batteries for this build as well. On another note I am going to have to replace my components. The eclipse's have lasted me nearly 10 years now and have finally gave up. Now I am looking into buying another set of components. I am open for suggestions. I will have a max of $200 to spend but I would like to keep it less if possible. Also I need them to be 6.5's. Of course I have already been eying the Soundstreams and they are in my price range but I can't find any type of review on them. The components don't have to geared for a real high-end like Hertz or Focal. I just want nice clean highs for a budget. They need to be able to handle 75rms @ 4ohm o 150rms @ 2ohm. Thanks and keep the comments coming.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

what part of KY?

And I just noticed on the top portion, what is "cold air" about that intake?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

jesus dood ... is that you?

you and I look like freakin twins... thats creepy.

Oh... by chance did you round out the bottom right corner in this port? rounding that out might help just a little:
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

I know there is nothing really cold air about it, but it does have better flow and retains less heat than the stock plastic box once it got hot.

Yes that is me. Nearly 6'4" and 320lbs you post a pic of yourself and let others decide. It would be fun...... and nope I did not round out the bottom right corner. I probably should have but did not. I also should have probably put resin on the inside as well but didn't do that either. When I was building this box I did not know how to calculate to make the 45 for it.
Last edited by ChaosWarlord26 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!