NEW PICS!!! 11/5/09 Been working on this....ms amp rack

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
bogart

NEW PICS!!! 11/5/09 Been working on this....ms amp rack

Post by bogart »

Ok....so this is what is going in the car for now....ms 2250 and ms2125 both ta's and then eventually when I get it done the shrouded 2250 will go in....

test fit the rack today...not shown are the top plates for the amps and the cover/false floor need to be cut....need mdf...
Attachments
IMGP1782.JPG
IMGP1782.JPG (129.2 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
IMGP1781.JPG
IMGP1781.JPG (135.61 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
IMGP1785.JPG
IMGP1785.JPG (135.31 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
IMGP1786.JPG
IMGP1786.JPG (132.78 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
IMGP1788.JPG
IMGP1788.JPG (131.3 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
IMGP1789.JPG
IMGP1789.JPG (128.52 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
IMGP1796.JPG
IMGP1796.JPG (132.34 KiB) Viewed 10919 times
Last edited by bogart on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bogart

Post by bogart »

a few more pic's
Attachments
IMGP1790.JPG
IMGP1790.JPG (126.84 KiB) Viewed 10917 times
IMGP1791.JPG
IMGP1791.JPG (131.48 KiB) Viewed 10917 times
IMGP1787.JPG
IMGP1787.JPG (130.97 KiB) Viewed 10917 times
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

NICE NICE MAN
SWEET!

Keep it up!

M
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

very very nice
Last edited by kg1961 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

looks good. Ever considered edge lighting that piece of plexi the x-overs are on? Wouldn't be hard and would look cool reflected in the ms amps plexi.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Great start B!! Keep the pictures coming!
M.Hendrix

Post by M.Hendrix »

Looks great! +1 on more pics
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
That's kool as shit man. I take it ther'll be a plexi cover aswell........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Nice :clap:
bogart

Post by bogart »

I am eventually going to dynomat the interior of the rack and there will be two panels over the amps and then one over the rack that will lift out. It won't really be in for display...I wanted to utilize the well and duct the cooling into it to quiet the fans. The two small fans blow in and the big one pulls out...it will circulate well I think and there and two more fans going in to force air into the well from the top....should be fine....as long as air flows through it out to be ok.

I didn't want it to look like ass inside but I need the trunk to be somewhat usable so I really wanted to safely stowed while comsuming the least amount of space. I am building a wall to seal the subs into the car and keep the pressure out of the trunk as nearly all subs I've installed pop the trunk latch. Once things begin to resonate back there it pops and then lifts slightly when the subs hit. So this one is all about hiding and covering everthing up. I would love to build a display plate but it would get trashed in the car using the trunk and so far I havn't had to buy anything to get this done....would like to finish it that way so it'll be a few plates and some carpet on the top on this one....some dynomat in the rack just to wood doesn't show when the top is off.

Thanks for the kind words fellas.....
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Nice woodwork!!!
Nice amps......
nice memories...
I already love this install. :hurr:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i digg it dude, i need to swing by one of these days. its been too long
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Wow. That looks great. All those lovely guts hanging out like that... :drool:
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Lookin good fo sheezy! 8)

So what's your plan for the XVRs?
bogart

Post by bogart »

both xvrs are going to run off the 2125 to run the front stage....four xenon 6.5s....two per side and the 8s in the kick....two ohm stereo for 250ish per side on the ta....should do peachie with a good eq to work around the funkie slopes and transient gaps that you can drive a truck through...xvrs are funny....one 6 db slope hp filter at 160 and a twelve db slope at 80 for the lows

they will be run through a electronic x over as well so that I can cut the lows up front off at 45 to 50...or where it works best....that is the plan...what do you think....I've got two eq215s and a 230 to tame the system...probably just go with a 215 and try to get it in the glove box or center console...

I want to see how the 2250 does with the ti 15s....I intend to eventually run two gs 15s or maybe 4 x maxx 10s....but I want to see what the amp will do on em at two ohm bridge....if I don't like it I may switch the 2250 to run the xvrs and run a 2125 to each sub 4 ohm bridge...
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Question on the fans... is there a divider in the middle so you can direct fresh air in and the hot air out???
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
bogart

Post by bogart »

fresh air will blow in from above the amps in the back of the rack and the hot air will be pulled out through the front where the wiring pulls through Gx3....what is shown here is just the underbelly. because the fans don't run straight through the fins I wanted to face the two in the back/bottom to push the air coming in from above up into the fins as it blows through the belly of the rack. You'll see what I mean in another day or two....got most of the wiring set up yesterday and got some new plates for the rear speakers cut and mounted in the deck lid yesterday before I got rained out.

In the end there will be a total of 12 fans pushing and pulling air through the rack on both sides. I am not seperating the fans below as half the air being pulled into the underside if the rack will be cool coming from above and the bulk of the warm air will be pulled out the front. I have half the plates and covers started for all this....will get some more pics this weekend to show you what I mean with the fans and cooling system. These amps are ta's too and shouldn't run too hot for how they will be run....I am concerned about two things....the 2250 running two ohm bridge and how strapping the two xvr's together will effect the impedance on the 2125. If there are issues I will pull the 2250 and put another 2125 in and seperate those xvr's and either swap the subs out or just run a couple ti1200.1's to the ti 15s......then keep it all at four ohm's....

I am not too sure yet....need to get it to a point where I can fire it up and let it run for a while to see how the amps run....

I like the idea of putting more power on the subs....they ran quite nicely on the exile2400....Not too sure how the ta will do.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Bogart......... this is the worst looking system I have ever seen :puker:

Seriously though, this setup gives me a :safe: I cant wait to see the final product, those xvr's are dead sexy :clap: Nice job homie :thumleft:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

great start to a build, how is it coming along?
bogart

Post by bogart »

some things have changed for the time being....the xvr's produce nearly no bass on the sub side without serious attenuation to the highs and I don't have all the resistors right now to do it so the 2125 is running the xenon comps...2 sets 2 ohms and the 2250 is running the 8's in the kicks at 2 ohm stereo bandpass from 50 to bout 320 and it seems to do quite well....I threw a ti1200.1 in on the subs for a hot sec till I can get the parts needed to cut the highs back 12db. I do beleive that I am going to swap the ti 15s out for my gs 15s when I change it all back and the 2250 is back on the subs....I don't like the 2 ohm bridge....fans or no....the amp just gets hot as all shit so I will run it at a 4 ohm bridge....the gs's are 8 ohm drivers so that is perfect....being close to 20 years old themselves the ought to be one hell of a great deal more efficient then the ti's too....I need to get a few more pics taken and get some more work done on it this weekend if the weather permits....more pics coming in soon....
bogart

Post by bogart »

If you read that right....that is about 1500 watts on my front stage right now :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 500 each to those poor re 8s....they are quite peepy really and don't feel over powered
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Man, why even bother with subs at that point? Run those 8's lower! Oh yeah, I forgot all you Portland guys are crazy lunatic bassheads, of course that's not good enough :lol:

I must admit I haven't run my sub in two weeks now... just 6x9 woofers in the back shelf :oops:
bogart

Post by bogart »

The ti 15s are generally running below 40 hz on a 12 db slope....loud isn't the goal honestly....of coarse it is...but I want the subs to run low and get an linear response between the mid bass and the subs....not really easy....I am considering running the gs 15s ported very very low....tuned to somewhere round 27 hertz. The front stage stands out nicely till I allow the subs to run up to 100 hz....but that is the sealed enclosures peaking higher then their 40 hz cut off point.

I have run the 8s as a traditional subs and the system didn't carry the lows well in the tiny pods....tiny for the driver anyway. plus it I would really have to pull the dash all the way apart and dynomat the entire front end of the car as the dash and glove box rattle to all shit when they see to much power in the lower frequency ranges....

As far as the xvrs go....I like them quite a lot and will eventually get them attenuated between 9 and 12 db. It is impossible to eq them out on a single amp as is. As soon as you start to boost the lows below 120hz or so the mids just go bonkers....the highs thru the xvr are cut at 160 on a 6 db slope and that slope doesn't help much when attempting to utilize an eq to tune the stage. When I say the 8s where dogs on em I mean You couldn't get bass out of em....period....so if you guys are going to run these xovers you will be needing to build some resistors into the curcuit....I am goinig to make a board for the power resistors I am thinking as it will help to clean it up and it would be very easy to swap the resistors out till you get it where you want it....I would bet that it will be cut a full 12 db....9 may well work enough....we shall see...but if I build a couple boards to house the attenuation circuits I can cut plexi and make em look pretty cool....put the pg tri lights in them and the xvrs and I think she'll be drop dead sexy....
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

What is going on with the fans, I can't figure it out?
bogart

Post by bogart »

I need to take some photo's of what all is going on there eric...the fans seen are just part of the system for cooling...fans on top on each side will force cool air down into the frame...the fans that are seen now only push the cool air coming in into the fins. Then back toward the back of the rack two fans will pull air out and back into the trunk...it will make more sense when the next step is done...if we get a dry spell today I will take a few more pics to try to give you a visual of the entire cooling system...it isn't all built yet...and the whether is slowing progress down...