Mazda 929 Install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Oh crap! I just saw this now!

ttocs... please pm me with regards to these power reducers. You got pics of them? I just might have a use for them :)

SO... ANOTHER delivery rocked up at my work today....

Alpine PXA-H700 Multimedia Manager to help me out a little with my "hyper" active 3 way front stage :D

Also.... about a week ago, I received the RCAs/interconnects that hook up to this thing, with the 2 massive lengths of speaker/sub wiring.

12AWG and 10AWG wiring...

Stinger Pro3 RCAs (3ft/6ft/9ft lengths)...

0AAWG-4AWG and 4AWG-8AWG adapters. (stinger ones.... they will come in handy... but now I wanna suss out what was mentioned in the post before this! hahaha)

Unfortunately.. 2 things have happened. 1) the car blew a head gasket and made a decent mess of the motor (turning a V6 into a slant 3! No compression on the left hand side of the motor!) So I'm sourcing a new motor as we speak.

and 2) I just got words back from Speakerbits in Port Melbourne. They were assessing the damage to the ZPM160 mids I had sent down from Canada.... and the magnets shifted... IN TRANSIT! Let's just say they are going to be an expensive repair... it's going to mean they get recoiled and getting the magnets back into their proper placement... I'm looking at around $300-$320!!! So, I'm thinking I'm gonna foot this bill to transport company! The guys are writing me up a quote for the damages and repairs needed.

So.. wish me luck!
-1998 Mazda 929 HC Series 1-
[b]Alpine[/b]- CDA-7998R/CHA-S634/
PXA-H700/MRV-1507 x 3/MRV-F407 x 3
[b]Phoenix Gold[/b]- Xmax 12 x 2/ZPM160 x 4
ZPM100 x 2/ZPT25 x 2/Bass CUBE/DD5
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I will see if I can get a pic a little later. The are not as high quality lookin as the stinger ones as these are the ones I think that came free with the alpine v12 1505. They are nice looking though and still have the clear rubber with the red/black V12 written on them, 4 - 8 awg reducers. I have had them kickin around the bottom of my box for over a decade, they are small and we will not have to worry about them being damaged. Pm me yer address and I will get them out to you this week as I am sure it is something you will love to match your V12 addiction, and it will hopefully give some good karma fer me!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

PM sent :)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

and replied but these got yer name all over them.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

HAHAHAHA! Well... it's as close as a Mazdarati is ever gonna get to having V12 power in there! haha. Unfortunately.. it's in the boot and not under the hood! :p
DavidMustang

Re: Mazda 929 Install

Post by DavidMustang »

I know its been awhile since your last post but i was just looking online at the Alpine MRV-1507 and came across your post. I loved your build so much that I joined the site. I was wondering if you had more pictures of what it looked like im really interested in seeing the final result. Also are you still able to hear ok?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the 1507 is a beast and remains to this day the only amp I have ever installed that came back because it snapped all the mounting screws holding it. I had to drill 4 extra holes to mount it to be sure it was safe.
DavidMustang

Post by DavidMustang »

Yeah I've had the 1507 running in my car for 15 years now and its still performs likes the day I got it. Best amp ever in my opinion im having it run my tri mtx box with 1500 watt rms. the MTX 6000 10's subs i already replaced with the MTX 5500.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am not sure alpine amps have ever had the reputation that they deserve for their dependability from day one. I mean they were not a an entry level/Jensen amp by any means but when I started installing around the early 90s I can't tell you how many customers brought in 10-15 yr old black/brick alpine amps came in looking like they were attached to some used rocket testing system previously. I mean some of them I was sure that they would not work but I never had one fail on the bench test we did before they even filled out paperwork. I have no doubt those amps are still around and working today.... Not the best but not the worst sq, good power for the most part but just a really robust well built amp for the most part.
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

Unfortunately guys, but this car is long gone and the amps have been sold off.. :(
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)