Some of my past installs

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
shawn k

Some of my past installs

Post by shawn k »

This was in the Teg a few years ago. I'll post new pics of the revision in a couple of months when it's complete.

Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

even all jl wires! looks awesome! really like the kicks too
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nice! :shock:

Install it yourself?
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Nice install, really nice looking trunk...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

That's W7 tight................ :clap:
But why did you choose to face the woofers and rings toward the front when everything else faces back?

I'll bet that thing was crispy as hell too huh......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Thanks guys. It was all installed by yours truly. The pics don't really do it justice. All of the aluminum is hand polished and it mated well with the crhome amps. All of the logos were were filled with liquid plexi, and sanded/polished with the aluminum. This way you can run your fingers along the pieces and there's no crevices. Of coarse, it all lit up blue as well :wink: I use to work for, now defunct, Tweeter as the install manager in Portsmouth NH, which is where this was installed. It was a great company to work for up untill the last year or so they were still around.

"But why did you choose to face the woofers and rings toward the front when everything else faces back?"

Um.. don't know.. never really thought about it. lol :shifty:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Don't get me wrong........That's a super-sweet install!! And if all the letters lit up aswell.....Even better. It just struck my OCD cord....... :shifty:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

lol..no worries bud. :wink:

Actually, I vaguely remember setting the subs and trim in their with the lettering facing the rear of the vehicle, but for some reason it looked off. Probably because of the way the subs are sloping towards the amps.

I understand to OCD thing though.. I have this horrible disorder where I barely complete a system, or don't complete it at all, then yank it out to start over :idiot: If I remember right, this one was in the car for just a few months. :roll:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

nice work! Hoiw did you cut the letters out of the metal did you farm that out or do it yourself?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

ttocs wrote:nice work! Hoiw did you cut the letters out of the metal did you farm that out or do it yourself?
Thanks!
The letters are the only thing in the car I did not do. I paid someone with a water jet to cut these out for me. Pretty much the only way you can get a precise cut with something this small and detailed. All of the letters/logos were, however, cut into larger square sheets. It was up to me at this point to get the shapes and rings. This is where I created wood jigs to use as a guide for a flush bit on the router table. Lot's of patience is required when working with aluminum. :wink:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

That hatch is badass dude, Ninjahhs got skillzz :dj: :beer:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have seen rings made but just wondered what little techno gizmo did the cutting. nice to have access to such toys, I could use one now...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Re: Some of my past installs

Post by Bfowler »

for the passenger kick, did you relocate the ecu?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
shawn k

Re: Some of my past installs

Post by shawn k »

Bfowler wrote:for the passenger kick, did you relocate the ecu?

Yes indeed. IIRC it was about 68 wires I had to extend and mounted the ECU under the pass seat.
AKA "THE HATER"