All PG Mercedes Benz 190e

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Damo95

Post by Damo95 »

scott..

no offence, but cut the aggression.... please....

You're on a phorum where people praise PG amps (the rarer, the better) and ridicule most others.... so its understandable about the Frank/JL comparison..

In all honesty, i'd have left the PG gear/install alone... it worked, didn't it?

but as they say, each to their own...
Damo - Australian member..
Speakers: 3 way front - morel elate9 (in custom doors), Peerless HDS Exlusive 4" midrange (in kicks), Scanspeak 1" illuminator (in custom a-pillars)
Subwoofers: 3x Phoenix Gold Ti2 10d2 (in wheel well enclosure)
PG Ti amps: 2x Ti600.4 (front stage) + Ti2500.1 (sub duties)
scottx

Post by scottx »

Last edited by scottx on Fri May 07, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southfloridaPGlover

Post by southfloridaPGlover »

so u took out a very rare amp and replace it with a run of the mil jl amp sorry to say but u got sucker on ur forhead
PG FOR LIFE
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

As far as the audio goes do what you like but please tell me you kept the other rims. Needing tires is one thing but those rims do not suit the benz. I really liked the smooth lines with the one's you had before. suited the car and period much nicer. maybe when you havea little more cash you can get tires for the old rims.
It's your car so of course do what you want with it. Peeps here are somewhat hating on you cause of the Frank for jl thing but hey someone else from here has it so.....
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

I'm going to be a bit more restrained than others here.

Firstly, welcome to the Phorum. Sorry it's been a baptisim of fire for you. :twisted:

NOW, if it were my car (which it's not) then I most certainly would not have replaced the FAS with a lower overall build quality JL amp. As you have said, you replaced it due to the fact that the FAS failed. Personally I'd have repaired the FAS and left it at that. Likewise, I'd slightly revise the install to bring it up to date but still with a period correct feel. I would'nt fill the trunk with painted fibreglass.

HOWEVER.....

It's YOUR car and YOU can do what you want with it. Sure, people aren't going to agree with some / all of the things which you choose to do, but if we all agreed on what makes a car look good then we would all be driving cookie cutter look alikes with the same 'cool' mods that everyone liked.

One of the things I love about cars is the things you can do to personalise your ride. Everyones tastes are different and that's what makes the world go around. As an example, you could give me the pimpest looking 'donk :doh: ' on the planet and I would'nt drive it. Why???? Because I think that they all looking fricken stupid. However there's people who spend crazy amounts of cash to build the dumass things that must love em.

Keep on doing what you are doing, but don't expect everyone to like the modifications you do.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

All i´ve left to say is...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBM2Kwet ... re=related[/youtube]
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
scottx

Post by scottx »

What a bunch of idiots.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

scottx wrote:What a bunch of idiots.
Feel free to leave
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
scottx

Post by scottx »

gridracer wrote:
scottx wrote:What a bunch of idiots.
Feel free to leave
I might :)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

scottx wrote:No, It didn't work. Frank died and only then did I take it out and replace it. I didnt want the older amp. I like new stuff that will last a long time. I will be replacing the A series with a 450/4 and a 500/1 in the next few months.
ok...i have tried to explain this but you seem to ignore it.

so you like new generic stuff...but you bought a classic mercedes. your JL is the kia of amps (ya know...new, that lasts a long time...yet totally gutless and nd cheap)....your benz is well...a classic benz. do you see how you are contradicting yourself?

thats the equivalent of saying. my benz didnt run right becasue i left it sitting for 3 years and the tires deflated. i'm angry it doesnt work right and it was definitely not mt own fault.

you didnt maintain your Frank and seemed shocked it didnt work...and now you are surprised people are posting homer Simpson clips... not sure what to tell you man

lol, then you call us the "idiots"

doh' pretty much sums it up
Attachments
picard.jpg
picard.jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 10734 times
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I think he has reason to be after his decisions were attacked but when you post them online you will not win them all.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
southfloridaPGlover

hey man im sorry no hard feeling but i would of never sold that amp and switch to jl just the way i feel maybe u don't understand what that amp was
PG FOR LIFE
scottx

Post by scottx »

Last edited by scottx on Fri May 07, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southfloridaPGlover

:naughty:
PG FOR LIFE
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

scottx wrote:what it was doesnt matter to me as im not a pg fan. back when frank was made i was running orion hcca amp's. i never have thought of pg as a top of the line brand, didnt think anyone did.
now you don't have to try to be mean. If you were runnin the HCCA amps then you VERY well knew about the pg amps of the day and what they were good for.

Saying stupid stuff like that, makes ya sound stupid, I can't defend ya..........
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

hmmm. i always thought hcca's were the fall back for people that couldnt get/find/afford MPS's
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Bfowler wrote:hmmm. i always thought hcca's were the fall back for people that couldnt get/find/afford MPS's
Yeah.... what he said! :clap: :clap:
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
scottx

Post by scottx »

wrong again, pg lackeys. :hurr:

car must be cool because I just got pulled over and he didn't give me a ticket do to the fact he was drooling on my car.
marko

Post by marko »

a pld-1 and a eq-215x won't necessarily make your amp sound any better :wink:
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
scottx

Post by scottx »

Last edited by scottx on Fri May 07, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

scottx wrote:This is what I should put in the car.
Way better then the JL thingy! :clap: I have two of those 425´s myself! Not to mention the XTR2250 and my HCCA2100 competition!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

Id rather see that in there than the jl, but its all fun and games

That would cover your subs, what would you run for the rest?

...and i hope you replace the caps on that to, or it will go out like the frank did. :whistle:
dry with match
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

I will say scottx, that I must give you credit. You have taken a lot of crap, but you still come back. That's cool.

The one thing I have noticed around here is that everyone here is not just a PG fanboy, but everyone on here appreciates older, quality things, PG or otherwise. Whether it be an old skool orion amp, or an old skool mercedes. People just got sad when you replaced a quality old skool product with a "generic" (I used that term loosely, JL does have quality stuff) new product. Using that orion amp would kickass! It's a QUALITY amp, and can still kickass to this day. We just don't understand buying new things over quality old things, that's all.

I have said this before and I will say it again, it's not my car, but I do hope you keep posting what you do to it I still like the car for sure!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Go ahead and put in the HCCA's... just don't forget to change the caps :roll:
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Scott, if we are all idiots, then please why don't you try teaching us how using a PLD and an EQ215 is going to make a bottom of the line JL amp sound better, play louder, and last longer? After all, you are a MECP master installer, right? How about you share just a little of that all encompassing knowledge you have?
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...