My system, Phoenix Gold obviously

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Simao

My system, Phoenix Gold obviously

Post by Simao »

Here I am to present my humble system...! It's installed in an old Renault Megane..!

.. this was the beginning, when I had 2 PG (m25 and ms275) and a Zapco Z100 @ 2 ohm for the sub...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

New grill for the 6.5"

Image Image

... the soundproofing ...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

... the final

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Alpine 9887r + KCE-422i + Apple iPod Classic 80 Gb - 5.5 G

Phoenix Gold M 25 - Morel MT 23
Phoenix Gold MS 275 - Tec SQ 6
Phoenix Gold ZPA 0.3 - Resonant RE 10" D4

I hope you'll enjoy it :oops:
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

I like the way you installed your amps! That's exactly what i wanna do in my car!

With i fiberglass box for your sub, it would be awesome!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nice install!

Two suggestions...
1) the capacitors on the old amplifiers are known to leak and short out. Your ZPA, MS and M amp are all at risk! Please replace at least the power supply input capacitors as soon as possible.

2) it looks like your speaker is mounted to the door panel. I guarantee you will get better sound if the speaker is mounted to the door itself. That way it uses the door as an enclosure, which captures the sound waves that radiate off the back of the speaker.
bogart

Post by bogart »

So what do you think of the rex sub...I have a set of the rex 8's in my kicks and just adore them...best 100 dollar subs I've ever bought!!!! Have been tempted to pick up a few of the 15s in the series just to see!!!!
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I love seeing three generations of PG in one install. Super cool.
Simao

Post by Simao »

str3atwarrior wrote:I like the way you installed your amps! That's exactly what i wanna do in my car!

With i fiberglass box for your sub, it would be awesome!
thank you! :)
stipud wrote:Nice install!

Two suggestions...
1) the capacitors on the old amplifiers are known to leak and short out. Your ZPA, MS and M amp are all at risk! Please replace at least the power supply input capacitors as soon as possible.

2) it looks like your speaker is mounted to the door panel. I guarantee you will get better sound if the speaker is mounted to the door itself. That way it uses the door as an enclosure, which captures the sound waves that radiate off the back of the speaker.
yes Sir! :) i'm gonna do it on next month... as soon as possible! :D
the woofer is installed in the door panel, but the door panel is very very anchored to the door itself!! i know that how do you say it's better.... but i cannot do it in this period.. :|

bogart wrote:So what do you think of the rex sub...I have a set of the rex 8's in my kicks and just adore them...best 100 dollar subs I've ever bought!!!! Have been tempted to pick up a few of the 15s in the series just to see!!!!
infact I adore it!!! 8) it's the fastest sub I've ever had!! now it has 300 watt at 8 ohm from the ZPA to "eat" :D

I love seeing three generations of PG in one install. Super cool.
thank you too! :mrgreen:

here are some new photos:

Image Image Image Image
Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com