PG 7.1 home setup

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
yeddy

Re: PG 7.1 home setup

Post by yeddy »

Unfortunately I dont have his contact info anymore, lost it with my phone years ago... All I remember is his name was Alex and I met him in Toronto.
LowandLoud

Re: Re:

Post by LowandLoud »

Starunit10 wrote:Does this person still exist ?

Damn, i was just about to ask this same question! We seem to think very similar Starunit10

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

One thing about doing one of these is that you don't need insane power like you would in a car. If you can put a solid 50-60 watts to each surround speaker, and a good 500 watts to a sub or two, that's plenty. You aren't going to jack a home system up to 140+ db. If you do, you're going to jail.

I am planning on something similar in the future, likely with the 7 channel Ti amp, and two other amps around 500 watts a piece to power a pair of 10's and a pair of Cyclones. Really, the only thing better than Cyclones for "movie/games bass" is the Thigpen Rotary Sub, but it's ten grand and supposedly can damage the foundation of your house from the bass.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Kirghiz wrote:I am planning on something similar in the future, likely with the 7 channel Ti amp, and two other amps around 500 watts a piece to power a pair of 10's and a pair of Cyclones.
Well I might sell off the 900.7 and use the 600.2 for the center and the 500.4 for the surrounds instead. so much to decide...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Kirghiz wrote:One thing about doing one of these is that you don't need insane power like you would in a car. If you can put a solid 50-60 watts to each surround speaker, and a good 500 watts to a sub or two, that's plenty. You aren't going to jack a home system up to 140+ db. If you do, you're going to jail.

I am planning on something similar in the future, likely with the 7 channel Ti amp, and two other amps around 500 watts a piece to power a pair of 10's and a pair of Cyclones. Really, the only thing better than Cyclones for "movie/games bass" is the Thigpen Rotary Sub, but it's ten grand and supposedly can damage the foundation of your house from the bass.

By the time you factor in the power loss from heat both at the power source and at the amps, its all about the same.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Yuck. Guess I'd have to install a solar panel to negate the power bill.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

It should lower the heating bills in the winter, but raise the AC bills in the summer!
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:It should lower the heating bills in the winter, but raise the AC bills in the summer!
My computer already does that. If I were to run the surround sound off the computer like Yeddy the room could double as a sauna. LOL
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Kirghiz wrote:
ttocs wrote:It should lower the heating bills in the winter, but raise the AC bills in the summer!
My computer already does that. If I were to run the surround sound off the computer like Yeddy the room could double as a sauna. LOL
Ah too funny, I was running a tri-sli GTX 480 setup in my pc before I upgraded last year, I swear after 20min of gaming it was like 35c in my room! It was rediculously hot! But a full upgrade took care of that...
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

The video cards ran in the high 90c's with the fans cranked, it sounded like a jet engine running!
Attachments
PC old.jpg
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

The Asus GTX680 TOP's are a far better choice in every way, well worth the upgrade! they run cool and are very quiet...
Attachments
PC new.jpg
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I have but a single EVGA GTX 680 in mine, but it still cranks out the heat. I had a pair of GTX 460's, but one of them failed and went and got the 680. I threw the good 460 back in and ran it as dedicated physics. I figured, I had it, might as well use it for something.

You running that rig in 3d vision surround?
Drock

Post by Drock »

Holy shit, that's a crazy looking computer.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Surprisingly the 680 top's run in the 50c's while full out gaming! And they both run at almost 1300mhz!! Coolest running GTX 680 on the market...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Drock wrote:Holy shit, that's a crazy looking computer.
That computer is to gaming computers what your PG collection is to PG collections. It's a beast, though more can always be had in either field.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

shit like that gets to let you see the nerd-girls " O-face as they admire it.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Nerd girls! Where? I can't say I've been able to show off my E-pene for any female O-face :( lol...
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:shit like that gets to let you see the nerd-girls " O-face as they admire it.
Kari-Byron-Mythbuster-5.jpg
Kari-Byron-Mythbuster-5.jpg (77.01 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
JK

Post by JK »

got to meet yeddy last week when he came to america.. he's a cool dude.. he is the second person to see part of the stash... hope you enjoyed your trip to florida... next time you come hopefully i wont be all banged up and we can go have some fun... hope your wife enjoyed everything and yall had fun.. she really seemed to enjoy the pups and so on... feel free to post any picts you like...
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Thanks bro for the southern hospitality! We had a blast! Literally ;)... Next time we need to take out one of those big wheeled beasts for a ride!
JK

Post by JK »

For sure!! You must get an alert when someone post on your post.. That's a fast reply.. Just let me know when the next time your coming and whatever you wana do. I'll be ready!