PG 7.1 home setup

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

stipud wrote:
You're going to need one hell of a power supply for that though!
To be honest you will need a dedicated 15 amp circuit to run that kind of gear in your home. You would be much, much better off by running a couple of crown of crest power amps designed for 120vac
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

I ran a 20 amp breaker!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Thats good that you have a dedicated circuit for the power supply but I imagine you will need 80 - 100 amps of power supply. The cost of power supplies will run you just as much as it would cost to buy pro audio amplifiers.

tonym

Post by tonym »

AAMP217 wrote:
stipud wrote:
You're going to need one hell of a power supply for that though!
To be honest you will need a dedicated 15 amp circuit to run that kind of gear in your home. You would be much, much better off by running a couple of crown of crest power amps designed for 120vac

then it wouldnt be PG 7.1 :cry:
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Nope, wouldn't be a PG amp rack, I'm running a Kinetik 80amp power supply/charger along with a Kinetik HC1800 Battery. I could have dumped as much money into a matching Rotel 7 ch amp instead...

I spend more time in front of my computer then I do in my car, so why not bring the second best part of the car inside? Half the enjoyment of car audio is the fact that you have to build something to display the amps not just stack them.

AAMP217 I think you are missing the whole point of this site! I could have left my Kenwood 5.1 receiver up and running cuz it was good too, instead of building a kick ass Phoenix Gold setup and saved a whole lot of money.
Hey just maybe someone at the new PG might hook me up with some deals and I will replace my wall setup with some brand new junk! (wink wink)

PS. The green monster will always crush the little bee... LMAO!!
tonym

Post by tonym »

yeddy wrote:
AAMP217 I think you are missing the whole point of this site! I could have left my Kenwood 5.1 receiver up and running cuz it was good too, instead of building a kick ass Phoenix Gold setup and saved a whole lot of money.
you aint kiddin about price...wire is going to be costly here... just for power
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I think this will work nicely for a power supply for using your car audio gear in the house and not too pricy for what it is.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

80 amps with a battery should be fine for listening levels. There's no road noise to overcome in the house, so you don't need to run these amps to their max. Even if he does the battery will be there to take the beating in that case. I'd say his power setup is more than adequate, and this looks like a ton of fun :D
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

what are the chances of getting a power source hum in the signal?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

hey ttocs good question, the answer is none! sounds great. No interferance from anything. I'm not crankin it up like I would in the car either. I put 20amp fuses in just to see what kind power it's pullin. I haven't blown one yet... thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions, this project has been in the works for several months now and finaly is on the wall cuz I have all the parts. I'm not looking for any more comments on what I COULD use because it's allready up and running!
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

^you have achieved your goal. i admire your ability to stay on track and utilize some TiTi's on your wall :P
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

I didn't miss the point I was just offering an more efficent alternative to car audio amplifiers in the home. Rock the PG bro, its just a matter of money to be honest.

The setup does look badass tho

Trust me I make hella more $$ on selling PG than on pro audio stuff :D
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

I have the 900.7 in my hands!!!! not only that, but I bought it off the guy that does warranty work for Phoenix Gold in Canada!! I just may be able to get hold of some "treats" in the near future!!
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

yeddy wrote:I have the 900.7 in my hands!!!! not only that, but I bought it off the guy that does warranty work for Phoenix Gold in Canada!! I just may be able to get hold of some "treats" in the near future!!
TEASE ... :D
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

did some changes... I still am in search of a Ti1000.2 and a few TiEQ215x's if anyone would like to sell, LMK...
Attachments
SDC10084.jpg
SDC10084.jpg (234.49 KiB) Viewed 10609 times
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

think its a big mistake- swapping what you have for a 900.7- I have never seen one that didn't have lots of crossover board issues- its your dream so do as you wish- but you will definitely have less problems with what you currently are set up for- the 900.7 idea is very cool- just a lot of shit on one chassis, with an amplifier that is tough enough to work on their own, now you got the kitchen sink in there as well, and 7 channels as well-
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

ya davewaibel you are kinda right, I did like the other way better power wise. but my 400.2 makes a real by high pitch sound I can't seem to get rid of. The 900.7 came from a PG warranty guy so it's been all serviced. so it's all good there. I'm not running any xovers in the amp my preamp takes care of all that. but either way all the pots were replaced too. But the final goal is to get the 3rd of the huge Ti amps...
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

NEW NEW NEW!!!!! Just got these in today!!! The saga continues!

The Elite12 is real bad ass! Looks better then a JL W7. I wonder how she'd go with 2 ZPA0.5's - one to each coil?
Attachments
SDC10093.jpg
SDC10093.jpg (433.44 KiB) Viewed 10532 times
SDC10096.jpg
SDC10096.jpg (252.98 KiB) Viewed 10532 times
tonym

Post by tonym »

yeddy wrote:NEW NEW NEW!!!!! Just got these in today!!! The saga continues!

The Elite12 is real bad ass! Looks better then a JL W7. I wonder how she'd go with 2 ZPA0.5's - one to each coil?
Nice.....adding to the install in the house?
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

tonym wrote:Nice.....adding to the install in the house?
Yup!! If the house is a rockin, you better knock realy hard cuz I ain't gonna fn hear ya! The pictures do not justify the awesomeness of the Ti Elite 12!!!!

now I'm looking for a few TiEQ215x's to wrap this up!
KOREDISH

Re: PG 7.1 home setup

Post by KOREDISH »

Curious how your powering the amps and how you wired them.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re:

Post by ttocs »

yeddy wrote:ya davewaibel you are kinda right, I did like the other way better power wise. but my 400.2 makes a real by high pitch sound I can't seem to get rid of. The 900.7 came from a PG warranty guy so it's been all serviced. so it's all good there. I'm not running any xovers in the amp my preamp takes care of all that. but either way all the pots were replaced too. But the final goal is to get the 3rd of the huge Ti amps...
High pitched whines can come from a couple of places but are normally fixable.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

wow I didn't realize it was so long ago I first built this. It's time to update the rack soon, I got a whole load of more Ti to add!
Drock

Post by Drock »

Looks awesome. Now I really want to get out and build mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Starunit10

Re:

Post by Starunit10 »

yeddy wrote: not only that, but I bought it off the guy that does warranty work for Phoenix Gold in Canada!!
Does this person still exist ?
Collection Growing..........