Memorial Day Weekend Build Ti 2500.1 pushing 8 R210D

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I see.......... :hmm:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

So that's like the Miller Lite salesman with a fridge full of Bud?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

see now if I was a miller lite salesman I would passing out High Lifes to all my buddy's to enjoy, not tryng to find out if they would still get drunk from bud light!

I too have to say that I am a little dissappointed that we will have to wait for a private DIYer to build a killer system out of the top of the line gear?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

One should believe in what they are selling. (Unless your a carsalesman :mrgreen: sorry no offense to you who are)
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

jbob0124 wrote:So that's like the Miller Lite salesman with a fridge full of Bud?
It took about a month and then he was PG strong... He previously had 2 w7's each with their own JL HD750 and he says (which I listened too and can atest to both systems) the Ti2500.1 KILLS it... Also to put 8 10" Ti woofers in his truck would require an additional amp and even at the price employee's get it would make it dumb expensive. I just remember first day at work JL this JL that blah blah blah and now a few months later full PG system. LOL!
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Good to hear. I thought for a second he was a PG salesman but JL in mind.
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

ttocs wrote: I too have to say that I am a little dissappointed that we will have to wait for a private DIYer to build a killer system out of the top of the line gear?
Are we the only hi-end product that hasn't built a show car in the first month of receiving product? If we are then I will tell the CEO we are behind the times and we need to start building a showcar.

I do not think this is the case the trend is to have top dealers build these cars. No matter what the company says.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

AAMP217 wrote:
jbob0124 wrote:So that's like the Miller Lite salesman with a fridge full of Bud?
Also to put 8 10" Ti woofers in his truck would require an additional amp and even at the price employee's get it would make it dumb expensive. I just remember first day at work JL this JL that blah blah blah and now a few months later full PG system. LOL!
I realize it would be expensive which is why it will be even more impressive when someone that doesn't get a discount pays to go the extra mile.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

That fukin yellow lettering shit is getting old........ :roll: :lol: :naughty:
I have to quote to read it..... :oops:

I don't care for the crazy builds some of these shops do anymore to be honest... Seems like the "love" is lost in trying to be better than the other guy...

For me-
Ti1500.1
Ti600.4
Ti12d x 2 (or 1 Ti15 if it's made)
Ti components at the corners
done............
And that's like $2k retail right there...
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:That fukin yellow lettering shit is getting old........ :roll: :lol: :naughty:
I have to quote to read it..... :oops:

I don't care for the crazy builds some of these shops do anymore to be honest... Seems like the "love" is lost in trying to be better than the other guy...

For me-
Ti1500.1
Ti600.4
Ti12d x 2 (or 1 Ti15 if it's made)
Ti components at the corners
done............
And that's like $2k retail right there...
The skin I got stuck with when I signed up makes the black text impossible. The yellow stops when you tell me how to change it, I will. :twisted: :lol:
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

im so sick of jl, a local dealer tries and tries to get me to use their new micro 50 pound amp,- i had an A4, i got another, theres only 1 amp id ever use if not pg, dls, i heard a dls amp once and was impressed in the sq , anymore pics zak
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
bigsak

Post by bigsak »

Ok I will be glad to answer all of your questions reguarding this build. I posted this thread here for you guys to see the new products and what they are capible of. The reason I chose to do 8 10 inch subs is see what the 2500.1 is capible of running at 1 ohm. As you all know it would not make much sense to run 8 TI subs at roughly 300watts per sub when they can handle double that. On that same note if I ran 4 TI subs off one 2500.1 the final impedance would be 2ohm at the amp(which is not full power). The fact is we wont be releasing a sub untill later this year that can handle the power the 2500.1 can throw at it. Cost had absolutley nothing to do with my decision! I have to say that I am dissapointed in the feedback espically telling me how to do my job. I will be glad to list all of the Stinger wiring,sound damping,fuse holders,distro blocks and batteries in my truck but last time I check this was the Phoenix Phorum. I will post more pics of the build if you want including the SPL meter test of 2 13w7's campared to 8 R210d tens running off the same amp. The future of this thread is up to you guys. I will however post one more pic to shed some light on what this thread was supposed to be about. THE NEW PHOENIX GOLD!!!!!!!!
Attachments
IMG00026-20100530-2246.jpg
IMG00026-20100530-2246.jpg (55.58 KiB) Viewed 10595 times
Nick Sakkis
AAMP OF AMERICA
800-477-2267 ext.272
ALPINE IVA-W505
ALPINE PXA-H701
FOCAL 165K2P (front)
FOCAL 165K2P (rear)
8 10 R210D
TI 2500.1
TI 800.4
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

I for one would like to see more of this. :pray:

Have any video of the system running you can post??

I really thought more people would be into this since it shows what sort of groundpounder you can build on a 'sensible' budget without having to purchase multiple sub amps and then having to do massive upgrades to the vehicles electrical system to handle all the shit hanging off it.

Sure, it's not a massive over the top showcar build however you've never tried to make out like it was.

I think some of the guys here are soo friggin keen to see a massive PG demo car build. Remember it's been a long time in the darkness for PG and it's fans and I think they just want to see something which will blow their minds.

Thx.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
todd217

Post by todd217 »

looking good there bigsak. ok tell us more about the new sub. what size or sizes ect. will it be a new version of the ti elite sub?
BigBrent

Please continue...

Post by BigBrent »

I will be glad to list all of the Stinger wiring,sound damping,fuse holders,distro blocks and batteries in my truck but last time I check this was the Phoenix Phorum. I will post more pics of the build if you want including the SPL meter test of 2 13w7's campared to 8 R210d tens running off the same amp. The future of this thread is up to you guys.
I would enjoy seeing the details.. Some here are quick to criticize, you just have to take it with a grain of salt. I see you definitely have a good set of wood working skills (I am envious). I also think listing the products used would be good to introduce us hardcore PG people to the AAMP line of accessories that are now recommended.

I am excited to see how the amp operates loaded down to 1 ohm!

Brent
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Zak - FUCK EVERYONE ELSE :-x Each to his own as we all have different views and opinions on how or why we install the systems we do. Do what you want, it's ur install, time, money and car. IF people don't wanna see what ur doin', then don't read the thread. I personally prefer the SQ route, but to each his own. Great job so far and keep up the good work and install updates. :D
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

dvnt88 wrote:Zak - FUCK EVERYONE ELSE :-x Each to his own as we all have different views and opinions on how or why we install the systems we do. Do what you want, it's ur install, time, money and car. IF people don't wanna see what ur doin', then don't read the thread. I personally prefer the SQ route, but to each his own. Great job so far and keep up the good work and install updates. :D
Well I would be right on board with you but I am defending an install that is not even mine. Just like other posters on here some people are too quick to criticize someone else's work because it is not their install style. Hell bigsak is right on par with everyone on here that has never insalled professionally, he was never a pro just a hobbyist. So I agree with your sediments and if you don't like the build, don't view the thread. If you take that stance that's your chance to buy some NEW Phoenix GOld gear and try it out yourself. Point Blank! You thought RSDc sub were the jam, these subs beat them to death. The core of PG has been reassambled with Morgan and Keith Peterson and are turning out radical product at affordable prices. I would put a Ti amp up against (and I am sure I will be flamed for this) any MS, MPS, Frank, Zx, etc... /endrant :hurr: :dj:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

SLOW YER ROLL THERE A FEW REVOLUTIONS......
I don't think anybody is baggin on you Zak..... Me especially.... I asked about the "other" goodies because I'm curious to know what the SALESMAN use in their own instals as it's usually the top of their other lines.... Things some of us might not know about due to the fact that it's NOT made by PG...... We all appriciate your sharing with the group and the fact that yer not a "professional" installer makes a difference in my eyes as it shows some loyalty to the brand and it's future... Nobody is telling you how to do yer job so check that hat at the door....

Now back to our regularly schduled awesome install thread............

I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new gear... I love the RSdC sub and if the Ti is as awesome as you state, then I'm more even more excited. Having run almost all of PG's subs from 1994 to present, the RSdC is my favorite next to the original Ti..... But that's because they never made an RSdC15..... Which it sounds like we'll see a Ti15V2 later this year... :hurr:

Please fill us in about the whole install from top to bottom...... :clap:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

This is the guy's personal install; it's not supposed to be a show car for PG. It's already wwwaaaay better than anything I have done before. I think we need to take a step back and appreciate it for what it is. That said I think a lot of the criticisms were taken way too seriously as well.

I personally looove multiple 10 incher installs. They have such a dominating, suppressive punch to them. My loudest install ever was two Ti10D's ported to 40Hz with a JBL Crown amp powering them. Bloody install would shake your teeth loose on a fast bass line. :lol:

I am definitely stoked to see this install! Let's all chill out and smoke the peace pipe :mrgreen:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I personally never post anything on the net to show what I am doing with out expecting some constructive critisism. It can be annoying, but it can also make your install better.......
bruther

Post by bruther »

I dig the install and I am curious to hear your thoughts on the new amps???
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

how about u take a month off work and drive it across the states and let us see it in person :P
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

ttocs wrote:I personally never post anything on the net to show what I am doing with out expecting some constructive critisism. It can be annoying, but it can also make your install better.......
Nobody is afaird of constructive critism, not even Nick the salesman at AAMP that owns the car and did the install, however I think constructive critism should be defined and opinions of what to do better should be better. I don't think statements like "not my cup of tea" are constructive at all. Please gentlemen everyone at AAMP wants your input, hell you're the offical PG forum. So please make the critisim constructive and not destructive. Nothing but love from this side of the computer.

-Zak
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Wheres the "banging fork on table smiley" I love bass that can knock my dentures out :shaking2: :bigsmurf:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
rscecil007

Post by rscecil007 »

I want to hear about this install, please keep posting. Especially since I have one of those [cough cough cough] JL HD amps [cough cough cough] and am very happy with it....

[Ryan ducks out of the way of flying PG amps being thrown at his ass.....]
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."