Winno's Australian Peugeot 306GTi Titanium system

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

you can take a sharpi or touch up paint to the screw and tone it down a little as it is amazing out well it pops out.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

The velcro look is a little odd, but if it works, then it works. The back looks pretty nice.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if you need to tone down the tweeter, you can also just try covering it with some material. Gril cloth will let most of thesound through, but you can try multiple layers until you get the tone you want. This would allow you to evenly attentuate the signal as well as get the stuff off of the glass.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Not my style to be honest the dash pods look a little silly as with the dots on the windsheild. I would get tired of all the people asking wtf are the dots for but If you like it it thats all that matters if I would have made pods like that where I worked I would have been fired.

I had a mint no rust 1 of those PG signs with the black trim I sold it for $100 usd back in the day when the can dollar was worthless.
Last edited by gridracer on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am getting ready to use one of my two surfboard logos in my stang. didn't realize they were worth a c-note at any time though. Glad I stocked up when I saw them.
winno

Post by winno »

ttocs, I don't need to tone down the tweeter as such as I have a fully active system that affords more than enough control over driver levels.

The dots are placed in places where I want to the tweeter and mid reflection only to be attenuated at certain points on the screen. Call it selective reflective attenuation if you will. It does work and really focuses the imaging to a noticeable degree by enhancing the effectiveness of a smaller reflection point to a higher degree. It's my first go at using them so dot placement may change over time as I play with the system's tune.

And yes, the pods and dots may look 'silly' but whilst I did want something different, function and form combine here for a result that I am very happy with. These work and they certainly don't sound silly when you're in the car. I may change from carpet on all but the tweeter surround to ceiling trim material though at some stage to get away from the 'cuddly pod' look.
[b]Source: Clarion HX-D2 & changer
Mass storage and GPS: Sony Ericsson X1i
Amps: PG ZX475Ti, 500.4, 600.2
Cable: Monster XLN Pro
Drivers: Morel MT23, CDM88, Elate 6, 2 x Infinity Perfect 10VQ[/b]

[i]Australian MEASQ Judge[/i]
winno

Post by winno »

Oh, I also installed my PG volt meter under my hand brake lever so can keep an eye on how much juice I have left.
Attachments
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1529.JPG (35.46 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
[b]Source: Clarion HX-D2 & changer
Mass storage and GPS: Sony Ericsson X1i
Amps: PG ZX475Ti, 500.4, 600.2
Cable: Monster XLN Pro
Drivers: Morel MT23, CDM88, Elate 6, 2 x Infinity Perfect 10VQ[/b]

[i]Australian MEASQ Judge[/i]
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

I LOVE the volt meter the way it's installed!

Trunk looks nice as hell too!

Only thing strange is your dash, but if you like it that's the idea!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it