Marcelbofh's High-End build

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Marcelbofh

Marcelbofh's High-End build

Post by Marcelbofh »

Right, figure it's about time I share my current install with you guys. I have to warn you though, this build is of an exceptional high quality.
So please don't hate me for the awesome hardware in there, I just count myself lucky enough to even own it!

Alrighty then, kicking off with the car itself first.
It's a 1996 Peugeot 106 with a whopping 1.1L (or 67Ci) powerhouse in it, some serious high performance for sure!
Okay, it's kinda small, and yes it's French.
Before the *boo!*hiss!* remarks start flowing this way, it was cheap, it drives cheap and gets me anywhere I want to go, so there.

Normaly I would have shown the stuff under the bonnet next, but I couldn't be bothered popping it open.
Sooo, moving along to the rear!

How's that for a stealth build then eh?
Actually there's nothing in there, the stuff in the front is so incredibly good, I don't even need no stinking subs in there!

With that said, let's hop inside...
Head Unit first I guess. This badboy packs quite the punch let me tell ya.
It blasts no less then 45Watts RMS through that high-end speaker wire.
That's right, 45Watt RMS!!!
It says so right there on the front of the unit, and as we all know manufacturers never lie, right?

Moving along to the cherry of all this High-end goodness, the speakers...

As you can tell right away, no expenses where spared in the front here, that is some serious high quality speakers right there people!
The tweeter is a Visaton connected with some very high-end speakerwire I found in the trash someday.
Can you believe some idiot threw this away??? Me either, so I took it home with me.
The right tweeter doesn´t seem to be working anymore for some reason, I left it in there though, for cosmetic reasons.

In the doors there's a pair of 10cm (3.9inch) Visatons I had laying around.
Interestingly, the righthand speaker stopped working some time ago aswell.
When inspecting it, I noticed it changed color from deep black to a kind of brownish (looked a lot like rust actually)
So obviously that explains the high price of them, they can change color!

Lazy git that I am, I could not be bothered to try and find out why the righthand unit had stopped playing.
So decided to add a sub on the right channel instead, for even more bass!
Who needs stereo anyway, highly overrated if you'd ask me.

Since only pansies go with sealed enclosures, and it takes a complete nitwit to even consider a ported one, I went the best way known to man... Bandpass baby!
Well, in all honesty I just happen to have it laying around, and it being of such awesome quality again, I kinda stuck with it to save time.
Here's that ground pounding badboy up close...

Left:

And right:

Here's a closer look on some high-end filtering, let me tell ya, this took me some serious calculating right there.
Not sure on the port tuning though, but I have no doubt this monster will have any trouble whatsoever reproducing 10Hz frequencies!
What with that Visaton 17cm (6.7 inch) in there and all, hell yeah, easy!

So just how good does all this awesome hardware perform?

Well let me tell you that whenever I crank this insane build up to the max with the windows rolled down, absolutely everybody looks at me in awe.
This level of pure sound-quality is so high even, that it makes most people shake their head in disbelieve.

It really is that good.
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

Funny :D
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Those are all the ideas u get after an hour in a coffee shop in the netherlands united in one french car :lol: :lol: :lol:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I bet you can play the brown note with that subwoofer and enclosure! Funny install man! :clap:
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

Oh man, that was a good laugh. The brown note :lol: That's good stuff!

I like the install dude! You got lots of Phoenix Gold in that bad boy too! It's on everything! :lol: very classy, I think they call those "pussy wagons" over here :lol: Chicks just can't stay away! :lol:
Last edited by eulogious on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

By the way, where did you get thoses PG ornment?
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
Marcelbofh

Post by Marcelbofh »

joerg wrote:Those are all the ideas u get after an hour in a coffee shop in the netherlands united in one french car :lol: :lol: :lol:
That pretty much sums it up alright, yup.
dwnrodeo wrote:I bet you can play the brown note with that subwoofer and enclosure! Funny install man! :clap:
Perhaps not, but I could swear I've seen people crap themselves when driving by with the volume up high.
str3atwarrior wrote:By the way, where did you get thoses PG ornment?
For the life of me can't remember, it's probably the rarest item I have at the moment.
I think I got it off some retailer stand at some Iasca meeting way back in the 90's.
If I remember correctly (Nico, please correct me if wrong) Siewa Audio was the distributor of PG here back then.
Most likely I got it off of their stand.

It's a clipon actually, you can put it on any fabric by just piercing it through and putting some sort of clamp thingy back on on the inside of your shirt.
It's kinda crappy to wear though, cause as soon as you move around the logo will shift into a vertical position in about a tenth of a second.

Clamp on the inside tends to cause some serious bodily harm whenever you lean with your chest on anything too.
Not recommended, unless you are in for some hardcore S&M of course.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

The PG pin is everywhere, you must have them placed all over........

:clap:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

welcome to the forum, you will fit in well.

so is the sub hooked up to an amp?

that car reminds me of a comedy routine. The comedian said he loved those cars, "are the lights on" as he would act like he put his hand out the window and infront of the headligts slowly, "YEP sure are!"
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

3 lug nuts per wheel huh? tight :-s
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Well we all have to start somewhere. Something is always better then nothing unless your talking about something that should be nothing, then nothing is better then something. :shifty:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Stryker wrote:3 lug nuts per wheel huh? tight :-s
somethin has to keep control of all that torque!

No but seriously he has the limited edition rally edition. It only has 3 to speed up removal and replacement.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

does the box have 3 ports or is that the terminal cup on the drivers side?
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Terminal Cup, there is a pic of it with a custom "filtration device"
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

just saw that this time down for the first time...

Y didn't ya put the coil in the box?
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

that kinda reminds me of my friends hyundai he had loaded down with phoenix gold amps and expensive speakers. he had maybe 25 extra sirens added to his alarm he probably had the loudest alarm in the world. but that still didnt stop someone from stealing his zx450 he did have his windows down with the 450 exposed parked in his driveway. ps his alarm was scary loud almost ear bleeding loud and set sensitive with a backup battery incase someone cut the power wire the alarm would still work.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

my alarm is special and I know when it goes off, people look.... It has the standard siren, an interior pain generator as well as honking the horn. Now what really draws looks though is the mecanical siren, you know the slow to wind up tornado siren WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH? it is actually hooked up via relay to the horn honk so it pulses it on and off. Between the 4 of them, it draws attention not in the way that "oh, another car alarm" but more under the lines of"what the fuck is making all that noise?!"

I was at a buddys apartment one night and it went off. we were inside(8th floor) and It was far enough away that we could just barely hear the mech siren as that one goes straight through walls and can travel longdistances which is why they were so pupular for tornado sirens.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

that interior pain generator is no joke my friend had one of those to and you cant even think when it goes off all you can do is try to get away from it as fast as you can. oh thats what its made for so the person cant think to steal your stuff that thing parilizes you with noise.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I also have an intrerior motion sensor just for kicks. One day I left myback window open in my truck infront of the store I was working at and the guys thought they would mess with me. I was working two jobs at the time and had a 2nd set of clothes to change into in my truck. Will decided he would crawl in there and just ransack and trash the interior to make it look like the truck like it had been broken into. He said he had his head half way in the truck when it went off the first time in pre-warn which was still enough to startle him and make him hit his head on the top of the window trying to get out as fast as he could before his ear bled. If you think they are loud try one with the doors closed next time...

After installing security for 12+ my alarms were the first thing installed and have all the bells and wistles from back up batts to trick starter kills, to everything being mounted and wired in a non-traditional way that would make it hard for a pro to track and dismantle while all the noise goes off.

sorry to jack this, can't sleep and nothing on tv tonight.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I have 2 interior pain sirens they are no joke.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

I now have to reconsider my install after seeing this awesomeness!!! :clap: :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

friggen SWEET ! Now you just gotta show us the carputer you hook the ethernet lines hanging from the mirror to :lol:

Im still smiling about the 3 lug nuts...

One of my ex girlfriends had a tiny subaru similar to that, 3 cylinder it got great miledge ...but your install would deff take hers, all she had was the 4in speakers in the dash with the little funnel looking things on the cone :lol:
dry with match
dontlookatme

Post by dontlookatme »

can someone link me to the most bad ass sub ever made. i forgot the link and i need it for this install
3x ti600.2, 1x ti1000.2 (hidding in the closet),1x 6.5 ti elite comp (front), 1x 5.25 ti elite comp (back), 2x XO crossovers, 2x tantrumX dual 4 ohm, zero point full power+ ground wiring
6x pc-ccc zero point rca
storage for the rest of my stuff
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

My very first sub set up had that very same crossover. Hi tech to say the least, it was sweet, like yours. :)

A good read first thing in the morning. Thanks.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998