the PG-GT now with build videos

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

the PG-GT now with build videos

Post by ttocs »

this is still under construction and I do not like to post pics until it is done but it has been killing me to show it off a little bit. I am not sure if I am entering a new area of hackdom with my foamboard idea but if it doesn't work it will be easy to transfer that piece to wood. I do not see any issues so far but that could change....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/7

It occured to me that I spent alot of time on that logo and I am not even sponsored(hint hint) and just love the stuff.... I am considering swapping out the diamond D9's and might go with an roadster or the new Ti line when I get to hear some reports on it but I certainly do not want to go down in power or sq.

The eq215ix will go front and center in the bottom, I already built a shelf for it and just eagerly awaiting its arrival. Might try to motorize the bottom cover just for some flash as well as some kind of lighting arond the eq.
Last edited by ttocs on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

no comments yet, no body likes it?

figured I would get props for kicking the passengers out to show my gear better.......
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i just couldnt tell what i was looking at till i saw i could make the pics bigger. thats pretty slick. nice job with the metal work. that cargo area is sweet to0 (not that you couldn't just throw crap on the seat before) but its all covered and smooth looking now.

any pics of the build?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I didn't take many pics of the build as there was not alot to it really. flushmounting the logo and hiding the lights took a little work but otherwise the only difficult parts was coving/finishing it.

It cleans up all the crap I have had bumping around in back for a long time. The only one that goes back there regularly is my dog and she will no mind. I will probably put a towel ro something down to keep her from scratching the metal work but otherwise its good.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

This build has got ALOT of tricks in it that often go unappreciated!
10 points for workmanship on this build, dude! :) And his model Mustang is my fave (after the 65 model of course :p)
-1998 Mazda 929 HC Series 1-
[b]Alpine[/b]- CDA-7998R/CHA-S634/
PXA-H700/MRV-1507 x 3/MRV-F407 x 3
[b]Phoenix Gold[/b]- Xmax 12 x 2/ZPM160 x 4
ZPM100 x 2/ZPT25 x 2/Bass CUBE/DD5
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

you are in a small boat(with me) if the sn95 style is your favorite. Thanks for the good words!

Now anyone have any idea what the airspace requirements are for a Ti9? might be one more step to making the PGGT complete after I buy that 3 way Ti elite set.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

ttocs wrote:
Now anyone have any idea what the airspace requirements are for a Ti9? might be one more step to making the PGGT complete after I buy that 3 way Ti elite set.
I give u a small hint! 8)

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... niumElite/
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ah shit, I am happy and sad.... The box I made for my 4 - 8s is just a little bit big for a pair of these. Like just big enough that I could probably run something inside the box to take up the airspace. But then I will need to figure something out for a sub....
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Nice work!

I like the kicks!
AKA "THE HATER"
tonym

Post by tonym »

nice.....kinda hard to read the black text with blue background...
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Great work.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
yeddy

Post by yeddy »

Hey ttocs how do you like that radar detector? I was thinking of getting one of those...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it isn't too bad but there are more sensative models. The radar sensor mounted to the front bumper is directional so it is great from the front and so-so from the rear. I really don't drive that fast anymore all that much and it just looks cool in the factory clock pod so I am happy.
ttocs

Re: the PG-GT

Post by ttocs »

I just got finished with installing projectors and 6000k HIDs. I will cut/paste the links later but its late, I am tired and going to bed. I also got pics of the roadsters amp rack that I have up-to-date I will post in the morning. Its comming, just slowly....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1 ... -2d/page-7

This week I decided that I liked the ability to monitor the amps temp directly the way I do in my truck so much that I want to do it in my mustang also. I got the same ford explorer overhead consol I put in the truck with the temp monitor hacked to show the amps temp. I will be installing a switch to allow me to toggle between the two amps temps, as well as modified the display so that the RDDP led output will be a part of it. Should be pretty cool when its done I think but it also has a place to mount the garage door opener so I can put monitors in the visors, as well as new overhead lights. I am going to NIX the factory lights and cover the whole so I can put some kind of design on the ceiling when I recover it.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Not a fan of blacked out lights myself, especially when they go as far as to reduce the brightness of your turn signals. You could easily be blamed at-fault in a car accident if someone says they didn't see your signals at an intersection. The projectors are definitely cool though. How do you like them? Good solid cutoff line? They were designed for HIDs, not halogens, right? Different bulbs require different projectors.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

there are no reflectors in the corners, but there is nothing blacked out on the lights. If you can't see an orange light on a black background then you were trying not to see it. The entire light itself does not light up like it does stock but it is still easily visable and bright as well.

Yes the projectors were designed for HID. The cut off line is good enough for me. I know some people get anal about it and will want to brag about it but no matter what the cutt-off is they are just lights.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:If you can't see an orange light on a black background then you were trying not to see it. The entire light itself does not light up like it does stock but it is still easily visable and bright as well.
Yes I am sure the cops will totally 100% agree with you ;)

You've basically disabled the reflector. The point of a reflector is not being able to see the lightbulb itself, but to spread the light in other directions. Anyone seeing you at a perpendicular will have a much harder time seeing the turn signal, especially during the day. Compromising vehicle safety for aesthetics is always going to be cheesy in my books. Besides, it's not the reputable tuners who do these sorts of mods.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

maybe on some cars it would be an issue(a truck for example where it is ont the very front), but the front turn signals are on the side of the car and again plainly visable again unless you are trying not to look at it. I passed inspection with it for 3 years in phoenix with them(which was a thorough inspection), as well as here in indiana now that I had it transfered(the only time indiana does an inspection) and never had an issue made of them(Even though I have been pulled over 2 times in the car in az). The rear tail lights I lightly smoked as well so if you wanted to make an issue of those I suppose you could as well but I did them myself so that they are just barely darker then the stock lights. Maybe I am just lucky runnin around like a stealth bomber all these years with the mult inspections and having been pulled over, or perhaps it is not as big an issue as you are making it out to be ;) ?
pimpinest123

Post by pimpinest123 »

Ya I love az they don't really mess with u over shit like that u can black out ur front windshield and and they can care less
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have never heard of that and have heard of a couple of my buddies failing for something stupid like having a tag light out or even just the front windows tinted too dark.
pimpinest123

Post by pimpinest123 »

I have a place at the river so it's not a big city and they have never messed with me for anything yet I have even drove passed them with the system up and nothing but I am usually only up there for parts of the summer so I don't know maybe they mess with people more during the slow time when they have nothing else to do
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

their vehicle inspections are not far off from cali but the city cops do normally have enough going on to not have to bother with speeders. I was lucky enough to get their special attention 2 times and got a fast driving award one time for it. The other time I had not been driving it for a little while due to motor problems and when I finally got it fixed the registration had lapsed. I had printed up a temp permit, but in the excitment of getting it back on the road I took off with out taping it to the window. Didn't think much of it because as we said the city cops have enough going on normally. Man I didn't get 1000 yds from my house before I turned onto one of the main roads and pulled up right next to a cop. As we pulled off(VERY slowly) he managed to go slower, and then make it over 2 lanes to get behind me at the next light. I considered waiving the permit out the window to show them as I was sure they noticed the exp reg right behind me but sure enough as soon as it was green they lit me up. I explained the situation and showed them the permit and they had me on my way in a few mins.
pimpinest123

Post by pimpinest123 »

That's cool ya in az the cops that I have talked to seemed pretty cool here in Cali they r a bunch of pricks probably why they get shot at all the time I kinda think they r more gangster than the gangsters
SLICK

Post by SLICK »

nice ,

I have a spare pair of these if you need them

Our Rides :
2008 Ford EdGe Limited , Blazin Copper
2004 Ford SVT Lightning , Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L Eaton Supercharged . Powered By Memphis .
2003 Dodge Ram - Stock Stereo , Added Memphis sub and Amp
1997 Dodge Ram - Kenwood / Soundstream / Eclipse / Memphis / Rockford Fosgate / PG

My PG collection : For Sale.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

thanks slick but I do not really need one of those at the moment as both of mine are good.

finally updated the page to show where I am at with the amp rack. Like I said it is slow going with the time I have to work on it as well as this is the first time I have worked with metal. I made the font size better to make it easier to read.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1 ... 2d/page-10