The final selection for my Silverado

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ShockTherapy

The final selection for my Silverado

Post by ShockTherapy »

I've been taking amps in and out trying to find that right balance of sound, options and function. After trial and error I've finally decided on this setup. For the frontstage I will be running a single Zapco Z600c2SL 4ohm stereo to the front components. For the subs I will be running the Arc Audio 2500CXL. Here is the start of my amp rack and how the amps will be laid out. I will also be using a Zapco SLX-2 crossover for the components. Any ideas on making the wiring look nice feel free to chime in. I realize that once I'm done the seat will be reinstalled and you won't be able to see anything I've done but oh well... It's all about what I can see anyway.
Attachments
002.jpg
002.jpg (46.99 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
As you can see I had to add Stinger 4 guage to 8 gauge reducers so I can use 4 guage wire to the amp.
As you can see I had to add Stinger 4 guage to 8 gauge reducers so I can use 4 guage wire to the amp.
015.jpg (63.19 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
My Alumapro cap was looking scratched up and beat so I gave it a fresh coat of white paint to clean things up.
My Alumapro cap was looking scratched up and beat so I gave it a fresh coat of white paint to clean things up.
016.jpg (67.59 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Audible Physics XR3m (mid)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I guess it depends on how you're going to mount your amprack. It looks as if it's going under the lip at the top, just under the rear window. If you go up onto the lip and leave the board straight and not trying to contour to the lip you'll have plenty of room to run your wire behind the amprack.

In your case, so you don't have to make another rack, I'd just put a few shims on back of the rack just big enough to allow the wire to be ran back there w/o getting pinched.

I'm sure you have, but look at my install again and see how my amprack is mounted.

www.carstereo.com/smgren20
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I wish I could run two different brands of amps but I am as bad a bitch matching her outfit when it comes to my car stereo equipment.

As for the wiring the best thing to do is just to plan it very carefully. Don't rush it and take the time that you need to ge it done right. Take eough time and use enough wire ties and you will befine.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

ttocs wrote:I wish I could run two different brands of amps but I am as bad AS a bitch matching her outfit when it comes to my car stereo equipment.
LOL :lol: Thank you, I fixed that for you too. I'm the same way, or at least I'm starting to become that way.

Shock, I also would like to mention, nice choice of amps.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ShockTherapy

Post by ShockTherapy »

ttocs wrote:I wish I could run two different brands of amps but I am as bad a bitch matching her outfit when it comes to my car stereo equipment.

As for the wiring the best thing to do is just to plan it very carefully. Don't rush it and take the time that you need to ge it done right. Take eough time and use enough wire ties and you will befine.
I'd like to run another Z600 so it all matched nice but I'm having a hard time finding one in really nice shape. The one I have is flawless. A guy on ebay is selling one for 499 but its not in very good shape... he's listed it like 20 times. I love the Arc amp.. It's a great amplifer! My subs sound soooo good powered by this baby. I'll be ok with it not matching... They're both pretty much made by the same people anyway. Thanks for the tips on the wiring.
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12
ShockTherapy

Post by ShockTherapy »

Shock, I also would like to mention, nice choice of amps.[/quote]

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting things finished up. I'll post pics of the final result. thanks everyone!
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12