1986 regal limited with 6000 zpa watts

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
JK

Post by JK »

personaly i dont care for them. i have a qx56 on 26's and i made the nissan to match with 22's. both matching Asanti. FL set the whole DONK era... 100%
lowblueranger

Post by lowblueranger »

I have the newest term lab and I'm only about 50 miles from the quad cities- Iowa City. If you want it metered to know exactly what it does let me know- you could swing by about anytime and I could meter it for you-I'd like to hear it anyway
davidtemple

Post by davidtemple »

Thats crazy LOUD I'd say..... PICS re-sized would be great.
oldschoolpgfan1

Re: 1986 regal limited with 6000 zpa watts

Post by oldschoolpgfan1 »

I'M BAAACCCCKKKK!!!! REINCARNATED.....
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

checkin out the new gear? Some good stuff I am happy to say! Welcome back whereya been?!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldschoolpgfan1

I was forced to go away for a couple years...when I came back I found someone stole 4 amps and my subs out of my house...so I am slowly but surely replacing it all... Long story but I'm glad to be back.
oldschoolpgfan1

I need a bunch of advice on v belts, custom alternator brackets and or serpentene kit for olds 307...
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hey looks nice and i like your choice of amps and woofers. I personally dont think that the kicker woofers are that bad, i think its what people put them in that make them sound bad
i just did a box for an l7 15 and it rocks gets decently low and sounds good when adjusted for music. So hell yeah four of those must be insane. liking the car cause its not
excessivly large rims on there and its a REGAL!
aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

Florida is definitely setting trends in old school game. Started the trend of "lifts" and now the trend of "squatting". I think im gonna have to call bs on the 57 tho. That's an outrageous # for 4-15" L7. Clean regal tho. Needs a set of 4's staggered (forgi, asanti, etc.)
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.
oldschoolpgfan1

I'm so sick of hearing about Florida...don't even sit here and say Florida this Florida that Florida is not the whole world.I'm not putting 24 on it and I don't care if you gotta be cool just to say "I got 24z on it" I got 24 alpine f17 mids and highs, that's good enough.I'm not putting some skinny tires and a stupid lift kit on this car.Everything can go back to original and as far as the subs and metering go believe what ya want. This is in a wall not an suv. The windshield is less than 4 feet away.And the box is 14 cubic feet ported.The Phoenix Gold power makes the subs sound great with absolute control mixed with the alpine mids and highs with alpine processing you would crap your pants if i pulled up next to you. You have to experience 4-15l7 in a ported wall with class a/b control getting all their power. not in a trunk set up...not in a SUV....IN A WALL....
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have to agree and am happy that there is only one donk that has made it this far north. People are spending some big money on their ghetto fab rides but hopefully it dies out just as fast as the little wheels did waaaaay back when. I look forward to the day we look back at them with as much hatred for them as we do mullets and realize that just because someone spent their wad on it, doesn't mean it ain't ugly as hell....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldschoolpgfan1

Exactly!! Thank you. well said...on another note i just purchased a 0.5 and currently going to buy 2 0.3's and 2013 kicker L7 15.....not even thieves can hold me back!!!
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

The bigger is better trend is already fading in to high class 2-3 piece wheels. Dont get me wrong, I like your regal. Just dont think its doin a 157. And I've built several walls in cars. Have one in my daily now. my point was that you didnt need any lift at all to do up to a 24" with the right amount of offset. And the wheels you have are probably top notch when you posted this thread, just a lil played out 3 years later. Best I've seen 4-15" L7 do in a ported wall is a box I built in a F250 on 2-zx2500.1. It did a 151.xx. not saying that score cant be beat, but a 57 is a helluva lot louder than a 51. And 14 cubes is not that much for those subs. Might have been an audiocontrol meter, those tend to read 3-4 db higher than a termlab.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"

ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

Btw, crap my pants? Lol. I drive a car everyday that does 150's. Pull up if you want to.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"

oldschoolpgfan1

I had to put a 3 inch lift in the regal just to fit the 22s, fabtec spindels in front and 2in spring cups with heavy duty Monroe air shocks for the rear. You CAN NOT just throw 24z on a regal if you did you would peel the fender trim and tear chunks out of the tire. and if you did just throw them on it would tear the car up you have to upgrade the control arms on f. even with rubber bands . With a caprice you could get away with it but not a regal i put a 265/35 nitto tire on it and messed up my first set by not lifting it properly. I like the why it sits and don't care if the rims are old. everything gets old with time and i really don't care about keeping up With the jonses...if anything ill put some Daytons on it and keep it west coast style.
oldschoolpgfan1

And btw your not rockin 24 alpine f17 mids and highs... to hell with the bass.. this is crystal clear highs at loud volumes...
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

Yea, I've done a few g bodies and much more caprices. It really all depends on the wheels and what offset they are. 24" is actually a pretty easy fit on the g body. Caprices can go up to 8's (box chevy, not bubble). I've never been an alpine speaker fan. Im running 14 pg ti series mids and highs with 2-12" eminence alphas. did you get the alt setup figured out? If not, look into tenney alts or mike singer.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"

oldschoolpgfan1

Its a mess....too much current draw on the alt for the v belt. tryin to get a serpentine set up from march performance. Need a right hand tensioner for the second alt.removed smog and ac compressor to fit second alt in.. with 84 regal alt bracket. overtime i go to crank the stereo and drive my alt belt squeals way to loud. Im gonna switch from ground off my batteries and run it instead to alt bracket as the.guy at kinetic said that was a for sure solid ground and would eliminate a loop. i don't wanna switch motors because of the digital dash and just almost fed up With it at this point. costing too much money..tired of chasing the dream...nobody up around my way kntows shit about it. thanks for the recommendation though.