its like, whoa, the colors

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

its like, whoa, the colors

Post by ttocs »

I got my lights in and had to throw them in. They were made to go behind this sign that I made to highlight the zero point cables.

its just a piece of brushed plexi, that I cut a piece of silver vinyl on my cutter and stuck on. I like how it almost looks like brushed metal or somthing but can be taken off and swapped out anytime. I might swap it out later for something about the stereo being owner installed if I get bored and vain enough. I have been waiting for my lights to come in. I was going to go with my usual blue strip light but after a short search I was suprised to find I can get a RGB strip with a controller and wireless remote for not any more then I planned to spend on the blue, I think it was $12 shipped for a 12" strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwDPKYNOGy8

it can flash in a few different patterns and you can speed it up to really fast or super slow. You can also pick any of the colors and then adjust the brightness. I have it wired up with a switch to turn on when the lid is opened and it remembers its last setting. I am planning on doing a long strip to go around the roadster(7ft) when the door infront of it is opened
Last edited by ttocs on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

not sure why it is not showing the pic, any help?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

my fuck....thats cool as hell
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

remove the first slash in the first Image
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

thanks fellas! I am faily happy with it too. There is kind of a wierd shaddown that is thrown off by this so I might try to add another piece of plexi to try and diffuse the light a little more but I am happy for the most part.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

Awesomeness to the xtreme :metal: awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

I could not have that on when driving it would annoy me to no end.
I've never been a huge fan of special type lighting in cars unless they are trailer queens and just show pieces. it is a cool effect tho, and a great price.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the sign is hidden under the bottom part of the rear seat delete by the eq. It lights up when the door is opened, and is on the bottom of where the rear seat would be so it would be really hard to see it while driving. I have no plans on using it while driving, the pg logo is too bright at night to have on as well. These are really only for shows. The mustang now doesn't get driven in rain and we have shows here almost every weekend from spring-fall so that is really what they are for. It isn't a trailer queen as I will drive her every day that it doesn't rain, which has been alot this summer. I have a show this weekend at the zoo which will be fun. I plan on making this thing bad enough that it will take home a few trophies and eventually you will see it in a magazine.