PG- GT

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

PG- GT

Post by ttocs »

It has officially began! Don't get to excited as I just started under the hood upgrading the stock power wiring. I have been putting it in shows on the weekends and after checking out a couple of other cars I decided to take this opportunity to make a nice display of it. I thought those battery terminals looked huge until I had 2 runs of 1/0 going into them....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1 ... -az-us?p=3

Step 2 of the install will be to convert my box that currently houses 4 - 8" woofers to hold 2 = 10" rsdc102's.

Step 3 will be to work the doors to fit in the Ti9's, it will not take to much to get the 5 into the kick that currently houses a 4.

Step 4 will be making the amp rack for the roadster 66. I have plenty of space in the rear seat delete and it should make for a nice display.

I will keep you up to date on my build log when I have pics to post.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

looks great let me know if you need the other 12" blue zero point rca with a zero point end on each side
pay shipping its your
mike
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

send me yer paypal again then.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

[email protected]
its a single wire with a end on each
same as the other you got from me
mike
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

how much do you want for shipping? Thanks man.

Anyone have any constructive critisism on the wiring? Anything you do or do not like?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

send me $5 and your address i will get it out this week
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have a payment comming my way today or tomorrow and then I will make the payment, trying to avoid transfering money.

so does no comment mean good work nothing to add or that you hate it so much you can't say anything? Never know what that means.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Looks good Scott.

It's alittle cramped in the engine bay of our cars to run that much 1/0g wire huh...... :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

fuck yer telling me. After doing all that the spark plug wires were bothering me. I always hated messy wiring and for some reason they looked almost like they were not the right set. I found a cool looking universal plug wire loom that I bought to clean them up, but now I need custom length cables.....
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Why a link to another forum? I hate linking into other forums, and Cardomain ain't one of my favorites...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Pedi wrote:Why a link to another forum? I hate linking into other forums, and Cardomain ain't one of my favorites...
It's not a forum?
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Thumper88 wrote:
Pedi wrote:Why a link to another forum? I hate linking into other forums, and Cardomain ain't one of my favorites...
It's not a forum?
Sorry, wrong typo by me...

Anyways, my point is that it would be nice if he'd put up some pics here instead of some other websites...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

ttocs wrote:fuck yer telling me. After doing all that the spark plug wires were bothering me. I always hated messy wiring and for some reason they looked almost like they were not the right set. I found a cool looking universal plug wire loom that I bought to clean them up, but now I need custom length cables.....
If you want a nice set of custom wires try here...

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

I have used them in the past, they have a great product and are great to deal with.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I frequent a couple of forums and it is easier to type it one time. Whats wrong with cardomain? Never had an issue with them.
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

I agree on the Magnecor...plus they're a Michigan based company! 8)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I got a set today that I hope will work and will try in the morning but if they don't I will be on the phone with them in the afternoon.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Thumper88 wrote:I agree on the Magnecor...plus they're a Michigan based company! 8)
I had them make a set of wires for my Camaro, custom lengths, and my 240SX. I went there and picked them up in person. They were super friendly, knowledgeable and just plain nice folks.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

man I asked the people at autozone what I would need for custom length cables and they looked at me like I was stupid and said I could return the plug loom I bought from them. They said they sell the cable but not the crimper....
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

so I called just now about the cables. They get $168 for the stock cables with the ones I need probably costing more since they will be longer. Not sure I am that serious about it, might be returning the loom.....
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

love the idea of the fuse holder with a led
so i took that idea and bought these for my same fuse holder
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0225105721
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I showed how to convert the holders over like that in a previous topic. All you need is a led and a resistor and you can do it no problem.

Man when they got ya, they got ya. The cables I bought were a little too short here, a little too long there so I went ahead and ordered the 8mm cables made to fit.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

ttocs wrote:yea I showed how to convert the holders over like that in a previous topic. All you need is a led and a resistor and you can do it no problem.

Man when they got ya, they got ya. The cables I bought were a little too short here, a little too long there so I went ahead and ordered the 8mm cables made to fit.
Did you order the Magnecor wires?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

sorry I never saw tha oldshoolfan yes I did go with the magnacore wires. It was funny as I had measured each one that I needed and phoned in the order for each individual wire. When they got here I got out my length list and got to work. I looked at plug one which was 32", measured which one was 32" and then put it on. The first 4 went great and I didn't need to measure the last four. The first one went great on the 2nd side but the 2nd one was about 3" short. I thought WTF I measured these and was afraid I had made some kind of mistake and was going to need to order another wire. I went back and measured and got even more confused as I realized the wire I was trying to put on the #7 cyllinder was actually for the #6, and the wire for the #7 was actually cut 10" shorter then I ordered it.

I called magnacore and was a little suprised by their answer that I could buy a single cable if I wanted too? I told them that they were insane if they thought that I was going to buy another cable to fix thier F-up that 10" short.... He then said that I could send it back and that they would then make a new one and send it out. I told him I was also fairly disappointed with this option because after spending $168 on custom length cables it should take 3 weeks total to get it right and that I would be happy to take a pic of the short cable next to a tape measure to show it was short. It would have taken 4-5 days to send it back to him, and then 4-5 days back to me after already waiting 5 days for the original wires. He folded and said that they would have the correct cable out right away and he did.

So in the end it took a little longer then it should have but looks totally tits now!
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Glad it worked out. Sorry to hear about the mix up though. I usually won't recommend a product or company unless I had a really great experience all around. And I am a stickler.

Again, glad it worked out and you like the finished product.
ttocs

Re: PG- GT

Post by ttocs »

been gathing up wire and connectors for the last few months and I think I have everything I need now. I will be running 1/0 power and ground wire to the back with everything being split out from some Ti fuse blocks as well as the DD10 to ensure that there are is no noise. I am going to run the DD10 off of the accesory circuit rather then the remote, and use the delayed remote turn on from the eq215ix to power my audio accesories. After taking soo much time to get the wiring together I am going to make both a display on one side of the audio cables, and on the other of power cables to show them off. I took the fused dist block apart so that rather then 4 - 4awg outs, it now has 2 - awg and 1 - 1/0 out so that I can power the roadster66 as well as the MQ430 that will power the rears, and the DD10. You can see where I swapped out the green leds for blue, as well as 2 of the 4 awg outputs for the 1/0 output. I will still need to re-drill a hole in the side but that will not be a big deal.

Speakers up front will be Ti Elite 5 and 1's in the kicks and a Ti9 in each door. To fill in where the 9s need some help I will be using a pair of RSDC102s. So far I have managed to collect an extra sub as well as an extra pair of 9s in case something happens later down the road. Rear speakers will be another set of Ti Elite 5 and 1 componant set, driven off of the MQ430 and playing a band-pass signal from the eq215ix.

One of the main goals of the system is to have everything mounted as solid as a rock but I also want to be able to pull everything out quickly incase I go to the track. Banana clips will be used to easily disconnect the speaker wires to the amp rack

There is also a base cube as well as the the audio source esp-2 and the EQ215ix that is already in the car and not shown.
mmmmmm wire....... I have some more super triple shielded on the way from joerg but I am afraid I might still need a few feet if anyone has any to spare.
That is a piece of 1" thick plexi and an RSDC cone that I am going to make a lite up display out of to go next to the woofers.
Here I modified the fuseblock.
And here the LEDs