rsd65 cs sealed question

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
jsayre914

rsd65 cs sealed question

Post by jsayre914 »

I was originally going to build custom kicks for these, the more i look at the space available, the more i am thinking TOO small. I was under the impression that a sealed enclosure will give me a lot more midbass. is this true? Is there a minimum requirement for the 6.5's I did not find an enclosure spec.

shopuld i just keep it free air, too small of a sealed box might hurt the sound yes??
1973 Porsche 914 2.0
Joseph Sayre
jsayre914

Post by jsayre914 »

i think i posted in the wrong section :oops:

move me if you would please
1973 Porsche 914 2.0
Joseph Sayre
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Mine absolutely love the space of the enclosure I made for them. It's a little bit bigger than half a football. The midbass is nice and solid with good impact. You don't wanna go to small IMO. I tried a margarine container that was just less than 1 liter previously and it was not big enough IMO. I'm sure they would work awesome in a vented type enclosure but that would be a challenge in the available area of most vehicle's floor area in the front.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

all the sealed box will do for them is allow them to handle more power.

just a good baffle that isolates the back wave will give you a metric shit ton of midbass
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...