My Integra GSR V2

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
shawn k

My Integra GSR V2

Post by shawn k »

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!

Well I just put the Teg up for the winter and finally shot a couple quick/crappy pix. This install was started about three years ago and most of it was done while I was still employed at Tweeter. Therefore I never did take a lot of install pics as I was tag teaming regular daily appointments and this at the same time :whistle:

1/8" steel rings were welded onto the inner door skin. I'll be the first to admit that my welding skills are far from perfect, but it did the trick. The new rings provide the foundation for the midbass rings which are integrated into the door panel. Threaded nutserts were riveted to the steel rings which mate to the mounting holes of the drivers. When the door panels are mounted, and the drivers installed, everything gets sandwiched and provides a super solid baffle. The new rings are also about an inch more foward and lower in the door panel compared to the factory provisions. And yeah... the car was originally red.... yuck :P

Here you can see where the mdf baffle rings mount to the steel rings and the beginings of the new panel

Here's just about the only fabrication shot I have for the hatch area. Fiberglass/mdf enclosure for a single 12" and a welded amp rack using 1/2" square steel stock

More to come...
AKA "THE HATER"
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Re: My Integra GSR V2

Post by Bfowler »

nice! i have been looking for a good integra install to base my brothers on. he has a sedan though. so far he has a x100.2 under each seat for a beefy front stage tbd.

keep em coming!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Will do bud! Not sure if you saw my first system in this exact car but here's the link

http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13737
AKA "THE HATER"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

These are virtually the same kicks from the previous system. I just basically stripped them down and retrofitted them for 5's instead of 6's, then repainted and rewrapped them.

Here you can see the tweets have their own mini chambers

AKA "THE HATER"
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Wow - looks great so far!
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

A dash kit just wouldn't do, so I spent a few days fabricating my own mount and trim. The deck now sits exactly in the middle of the double din opening and is trimmed with aluminum and black plexi (which looks far better in person than in the pics.

AKA "THE HATER"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Wrapping one of the door panels with oem vinyl

AKA "THE HATER"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Splash guard for the midbass

AKA "THE HATER"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

So here's pix of the finished (mostly) install. All custom panels were wrapped in factory matching oem vinyl. All of the silver painted pieces match the custom powder coated rims. Most of the trim work consists of three or more pieces: Black Plexi, Aluminim, then Clear Plexi. String neon was glued behind all of the clear plexi for a blue glow at night. There's also some grill material used for extra accents as well. All in all there's 66 trim (accent) pieces not including the actual custom panels or glass work.

vinyl lifted a bit here... :evil:

AKA "THE HATER"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

And the hatch. I still don't have the neon wired up yet :(

AKA "THE HATER"
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

absolutely spectacular... amazing install
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That install is sick! Excellent FG skills there.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Thanks guys! She's all going to be torn out this spring since I'm giving the car to the wife.
AKA "THE HATER"
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Man what a shitty install! You sure do like cutting corners! :lol:
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

stipud wrote:Man what a shitty install! You sure do like cutting corners! :lol:
I know I know. That's why I quit my day job :doh:
AKA "THE HATER"
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

good stuff! I have been trying to see as many door project like that as I can before I start putting my ti9s in the doors.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
12voltjunky

Post by 12voltjunky »

excellent work.
great pics, too.
1- Zx 400 Ti
1- Ti 600.2
1- Ti 500.4 (resurrected by valeks1)
2- Ti 500.4
2- Ti 1000.2
2-Ti RMD, Lpl, PG 1/0 Ga
Ti 6.5 comps, Ti 5x7 coaxials
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

damn that is NICE work!

i would love to have a ADS 310rs sub for my truck......but good luck finding 1!
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hey shawn

nice clean install, i like this style of symetry in an install. i like the hatch area its clean and well thought out. your door panels are also very slick, and lets not forget your kick panels too.

i need to do this to the celica im working on also so come help me out lol, i only have one day a week to do this.

aloha
marc
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

brenzbmr@sb wrote:hey shawn

nice clean install, i like this style of symetry in an install. i like the hatch area its clean and well thought out. your door panels are also very slick, and lets not forget your kick panels too.

i need to do this to the celica im working on also so come help me out lol, i only have one day a week to do this.

aloha
marc
Hey thanks man!

Oooooooooooh how I'ld love to go to Hawaii! And doing installs in Hawaii... forget about it.. that's like heaven on earth for me :mrgreen: My wife might not agree however :?

Speaking of "the wife" she now drives this car. I tore out this system a few months ago. There's just too much up keep for an install like this and I know (from experience :doh: ) that she'll just beat it up anyway.
AKA "THE HATER"
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

hahaah i agree but you know that you would love to install here no matter what. you like me once u give to wife its lost. my wife just wants the trunk back and stuff like that. anyway if u make it out here i promice u visit my island then ill take you to nice places.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
']['HRUS']['

Post by ']['HRUS'][' »

You've given me inspiration!! I think I'm going to attempt to make kicks exactly like yours for my '02 Acura RSX. On second thought, I'm wondering if those would fit in my RSX?!? Hmmm. :wink:
Only difference is the full-coverage grills I'd want and I'm concerned about the clearance with the clutch pedal and provision for the hood release latch.
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

']['HRUS'][' wrote:You've given me inspiration!! I think I'm going to attempt to make kicks exactly like yours for my '02 Acura RSX. On second thought, I'm wondering if those would fit in my RSX?!? Hmmm. :wink:
Only difference is the full-coverage grills I'd want and I'm concerned about the clearance with the clutch pedal and provision for the hood release latch.
Sweet man. If you need any help along the way, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

I doubt these kicks would fit your ride though. The backside is molded (fiberglassed) to the frame of the Teg specifically. I was worried about clearance for the clutch pedal as well. I spent a lot of time on these, and the kicks didn't protrude any further than the factory panels :wink: I also moved the hood release lever up under the knee bolster without much effort, so hopefully that might work for you as well..?
AKA "THE HATER"
shawn k

Post by shawn k »

Tiffany Lamy wrote:what size of piping should this car run?i realized that this amp is sound and base is good and heart touching I am asking since I know someone that has an integral also and wants to run 3 inch piping. I think that's too big.
mmmm, 3" is excessive unless they have a large Turbo with over 20lbs of boost or something. :shock:
AKA "THE HATER"
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

shawn k wrote:
Tiffany Lamy wrote:what size of piping should this car run?i realized that this amp is sound and base is good and heart touching I am asking since I know someone that has an integral also and wants to run 3 inch piping. I think that's too big.
mmmm, 3" is excessive unless they have a large Turbo with over 20lbs of boost or something. :shock:
Shawn...she's a femme bot. "She" takes words from different replies to make a none sense reply.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.