Kicker S10C, S-10 *updated 3-27-11*

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
smgreen20

Kicker S10C, S-10 *updated 3-27-11*

Post by smgreen20 »

My friend bought a '94 Chevy S-10 and compared to the other trucks he was looking at he decided to take the $$ he saved getting this one over the others and put it into a stereo. So here's a list of what WE went out and got. 80% came from the local store, and the remaining 20% online.

HU............................. Clarion CZ500
EQ............................. Clarion EQ760
AMPS......................... TREO TE800.4/TE600.1
MIDS.......................... Sliver Flute 5 1/2"
MIDS/HIHGS................. Memphis PR series 4x6 coax
SUB............................ Kicker Solobaric S10c

This is a simple set up. He didn't want to spend more then $1k. After all thee above and materials, we're right at $950

This is how it will be set up:
HU fronts out to the EQ, EQ front out to the 4x6 Memphis speakers mounted in the dash, EQ rear out to the Silver Flutes in the doors (no rears), TE800.4- ch 1/2 to the 4x6's, ch 3/4 to the Flutes, Sub will be in a .66 CF box behind the drivers seat where the rear fold up seat use to be, yea we took it out. TE800.4 will be mounted on the floor under a false floor, TE600.1 will be mounted on the back cab wall.

The EQ has a built in xover at 60 or 90 Hz, We'll be choosing the 90 Hz point (we will try both and see/hear how it sounds), we'll be using the TE800.3's built in xover to LP the Silver Flutes at 250Hz (its highest setting point) and HP the 4x6's at 250Hz. If that doesn't sound good we can try some 6dB order caps for a higher xover point.

I'll get some pics up as soon as we start the actual install. Your thoughts?????
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
smgreen20

Re: Kicker S10C, S-10 *updated 3-27-11*

Post by smgreen20 »

After a 1 1/2 hr delay to get started on the install, all started well after that. Had damn near the whole inside apart and went to town. I decided last week to change the set up from what we originally went for and I'm glad we did. I decided to mount the amps over the sub to act as a grill of sorts and to better "showcase" the install. The dash kit is the wrong kit, as there's 2 types for this truck and as the dash install proved to be one of the biggest pains in my ass, it took us 2 hrs alone to get the HU in. A lot of modifying the back cavity of the dash to get everything to fit. After it's all said and done, everything powered up, but the EQ. Not sure why, but it was 2:30am this morning when we got it all back together. I think I forgot to wire the remote wire up as I had something else in mind, but thought I had it wired. Don't know yet.

Here are the pics.
The rear seat was removed to make room for the sub box.

The test fit.

Carpeted and installed. This part wont be seen, but we carpeted it to help in using the carpet as a gasket for the sub.

Silver Flute 5 1/2" mids on a rough cut baffle.

The HU/EQ, you can see the gap around the HU install kit.

The amprack in place over the sub.

Sorry I didn't any pics of the 4x6's in the dash.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998