Phoenix Gold Australia 1987 Toyota Supra MK3 V8

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Digitalmick

Phoenix Gold Australia 1987 Toyota Supra MK3 V8

Post by Digitalmick »

Hey Guys,
Long time Reader, so thought I should share what happening with my own ride. Ive owned the car now for just over a year.

My names Michael & I work for Stinger Australia / Phoenix Gold Australia

The vehicle in question is a 1987 Toyota Supra MKIII Widebody Aerotop. It started its life as a 7M.
Its now fitted with a 1UZFE from a SC400 '93 Soarer. Dual 2.5" Exhaust & 4.11 Torsen LSD from JZA70R. Upgraded Brakes and 18 x 9.5 (Rear) 18 x 8.5 (front) Wheels.

Its Currently Automatic with a 1JZGTE shift kitted box but will be replaced with a R154 5 Speed Manual eventually (not cheap option with a 1UZ).
Currently makes around 225hp at the wheels without any modifications except exhaust.

I will get some more photos of the exterior of the car and engine later on but any who enough of that. Onto the audio!

Audio Gear going into vehicle..

My aim for this car was to try and keep everything looking subtle to a point. The front door pods will be trimmed in original A70 vinyl to look like it could have come like it.
The boot also will be trimmed in same original grey vinyl with some black inserts here and there.

Phoenix Gold Ti2500 Mono
Phoenix Gold Ti800.4 4 Channel
Phoenix Gold SD500.4 4 Channel
Phoenix Gold Ti 5.25 (Factory Rear positions)
Phoenix Gold Ti 4 x 6 (In boot install hidden)
Phoenix Gold Ti 6.5CS x 2 (Front Stage MTM setup)
Phoenix Gold Ti 10" woofers x 3
All Stinger HPM Cabling
Stinger SPV70 Battery
Sony XAV60 Head unit
Clarion VMA5173 5" Headrest monitors (Front Seats)
Clarion VMA5173 5" Headrest monitors (Boot install)
Microsoft Xbox with modded operating system

Here are some current shots of the door pods. Still have good couple of ours of sanding. I am over it! These will be trimmed in the original A70 Supra grey vinyl.

This was after creating the box over the weekend. Big thanks from Scott for creating the sub woofer enclosure!

This is a shot last night after starting to cable up the amplifiers and speakers.
SilverGT

Re: Phoenix Gold Australia 1987 Toyota Supra MK3 V8

Post by SilverGT »

looks great so far. cant wait to see the doors done
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

This was posted up the other day... I was drooling over the idea of a 1UZ in a MKIII :drool:... so how long until you switch it to ITBs? :lol:

I just noticed there's a small gap at the bottom of the speaker mounts on the subwoofer enclosures where the outer ring and the inner ring don't overlap. Or is that just marker?
Digitalmick

Post by Digitalmick »

stipud wrote:This was posted up the other day... I was drooling over the idea of a 1UZ in a MKIII :drool:... so how long until you switch it to ITBs? :lol:

I just noticed there's a small gap at the bottom of the speaker mounts on the subwoofer enclosures where the outer ring and the inner ring don't overlap. Or is that just marker?
That was just marker. I am trying to decide between the OBX ITBS or going with a blower. Either will have to happen once the ECU is swapped out with a stand alone.
This one is more of a cruiser for weekends. I intend on getting another MK3 and dropping a 1UZ into it for track use eventually.
Digitalmick

Post by Digitalmick »

Got some work done this weekend with fitting out more in the boot.

I will upload more images of the boot trimmed later on. Still got more to do. I remember why I get frustrated trimming with Vinyl.
Phoenix Gold Oz

Post by Phoenix Gold Oz »

Damn that's one nice looking subwoofer box :P

Install is really looking good!!! 8)
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Damn my second car was an 86 1/2 supra. N/A so it was kinda a turd but I loved everything about. At one point I had three JL W1 10's on 600 watts and it hurt. Way more than I would ever have now adays. Always loved that body style though keep us posted!
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!