2 15 Sundown sa's, jbl highs Build log. temp box in!!

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

2 15 Sundown sa's, jbl highs Build log. temp box in!!

Post by Mackenzie »

First off, I just got this vehicle about 2 weeks ago, and I am ready to do a somewhat simple yet loud system in here. My goal is to simply crush the lows, and sound loud and clear while doing it. I choose to not do any component speaker, as I didnt want to do any cutting in this vehicle yet. You guessed right, im doing 6x8 jbl coaxes. Yes I could have done 6s, or 6.5s, and built a baffle, but choose not to. I am confident I can get these coaxes loud enough to keep up with the 15s. Im not even gunna deaden the doors right now. They dont rattle as it stands :lol: As for the subs, they will be in later this week, and I will start the build for them probably next week.
Last edited by Mackenzie on Thu May 10, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackenzie

Re: 2 15 Sundown sa's, jbl highs Build log in an explorer

Post by Mackenzie »

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I have not got to install my m44 yet or anything. I will get started on that probably next week. I was able to take all my 0 guage from my crownvic, and use it for this install. Right now my I am running the jbl highs off the deck until my m44 goes in, but I am impressed with them as of now. They are probably some of the most efficient coaxes on the market, and definately the loudest standard speakers I have had the pleasure to use. The midbass is insane, and the best part about it is the doors aren't even deadened yet. The tweets are a little harsh, but I am able to tame them with my basic deck. O still have to get my other sets of highs, and a few other things to complete the system, but stay tuned. The box will probably end up being 7cubes tuned to 32hertz. The amp will be an audioque 2200.1. Should make some noise
avalanchels

Post by avalanchels »

Looking good so far! Have yet to hear a complaint about the SA's either...I think you'll enjoy them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

yo mack, long time no see! good car to do it in. keep us posted on this install! aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

One 15 came in today. Getting the other next week, and finishing up from there..

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

This is by far the most overbuilt sub ive owned at this price point. I still cant believe these things are under 200 on sale. What some of you sq guys dont know, is that this sub wasnt even ment for spl. Its a very low distortion driver, that happens to be durable enough to take alot of power, and get loud. The cooling on this sub is pretty far advanced, especially at the price point. This driver was much bigger than I expected. Its about 31 pounds, so its no light weight. The suspension is very stiff, and rugged. I probably wont have any power to it for another few weeks, but I am already impressed with it.
lowblueranger

Post by lowblueranger »

I have a set of SA10's coming in tomorrow-I can't wait to try them out! I've wanted a pair for awhile and since they area on sale I ordered a pair. Your's look sweet! I had the Z15's before an dthey were excellent SQ subs too-Sundown's making some badass products for great prices!
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Indeed some more people from the forum should try more internet brands. I saw some graphs of these posted on the sa forums, and they had a very flat response. These are great for sq, it just so happens the cone, and spiders are stiff as hell, and it has great cooling, so it can handle alot of power for spl. I should be done with everything in the next 3-4 weeks. Im thinking 7 cubes tuned to 30-32 hertz
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ive got most of my equipment now. I just need to get my box built, and get my amp. Ive got my m44 in temporarily mounted, and powering my jbl fronts. I will post up some pictures tomorrow. Its shaping up to be a nice system so far.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I got a few other wiring things to do, but this shows you some progress. I have the m44 wired up, powering the jbl gto highs. I can tell you right now, that this is by far the loudest front stage Ive had. The midbass is insane, and the mids are right in your face, and the best part is, I didnt even need a component set to accomplish this. These flat out beat the pg rsds I had. The tweet is a bit bright, but I was able to dial it back, and its perfect now. Whenever I crank the subs out real loud, I will use my rears, which are the same gto coaxes all ran off the m44 @ 2 ohms. What is really nice is they go loud, and dont have the breakup alot of other speakers I had suffered from. However I will say I listen loud. Stay tuned
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I still have to get the box taken care of but here is a pair show. These things are pretty beefy. Cant wait to crush the lows :twisted:

dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

My buddy just bought the 12" version of those subs and we tested it out in my Explorer yesterday in a ported box tuned to 30hz running at 2 ohms off my XS2500. All I can say is it was quite impressive, way louder than my Dcon. I can't imagine two 15" subs, those things are going to pound!
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Mackenzie

Re: 2 15 sa's 5kw Build log in an explorer

Post by Mackenzie »

So the guy I sold my exile x 5 too still has it. I'm buying it back. :) so I will have 5000 watts on tap. Need to get more power wire, batteries, ect.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I am delayed a bit, but will pick back up after the holidays. My jbl mids are getting replaced with image dynamics ctxs aswell.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Update, I have upgraded various things in this install including my speakers. This install was put to a hault, but its in full force now. I should be done with everything in the next few days. The temp box is finishing up. I should have some vids of this thing in action.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Here is a few shots I have. I picked up the phoenix gold sd sd 500.4 from dwnrodeo. I also got a mono block im going to try out. 2k to these sa 15s should make some noise.

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

The temp box is in, and does pretty well. 6.2 cubes after displacement @30 hertz. The sa's get pretty nasty,and Im impressed with the mb quart amp for the money. I have no doubts it makes rated power. I will post a vid up soon. Flexes things pretty crazy. I may get on the tl this weekend if I get some time :lol: I also upgraded the electrical a little more. I did a second run of 0 guage. No electrical issues here. 8)

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I am really impressed with the phoenix gold sd 500.4. Somehow this thing is keeping up nicely with the sub bass. It stays fairly cool, and puts out alot of power for the size. I may have to do a review for it sometime...
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Mackenzie wrote:I am really impressed with the phoenix gold sd 500.4. Somehow this thing is keeping up nicely with the sub bass. It stays fairly cool, and puts out alot of power for the size. I may have to do a review for it sometime...
Glad you like it! It sure is a beast for it's size.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?