2012 Camaro RS/SS + PG iSeries

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
teamradrz1

2012 Camaro RS/SS + PG iSeries

Post by teamradrz1 »

So I bought my new Camaro in January, upgraded from my Honda S2000. I love having more HP but also enjoy having trunk space again. So when I heard about the new PG Camaro iAMP-GM1 (link here http://www.phoenixgold.com/products/sub ... oductID=41 ) I was excited but skeptical of capabilities too. I have had MANY PG systems in MANY different cars throughout the years I really didn't want to lose all my trunk space to amps and subs. I also really didn't like the idea of taking apart a brand new $40K car to wire up a new system either but felt if I was going to get the sound and quality that I'm used to this was really my only choice. My neighbor Jorge, who works for PG, told me about this new product they have made specifically for the new Camaros. The iAMP-GM1 a fully enclosed amp and sub package that integrates with the factory system to amplify the factory mids and highs, adding a powered sub without having to MOD the car, cut up the factory harness and allow me to keep the factory deck/control center. Like I said before I have run some high end systems in just about every vehicle I have had from 500 Watts in my S2000 (low spectrum) to 3000 Watts in my 300ZX (high end). So to say I was concerned with what a single 10 would do in my car would be an understatement. So I went out to one of PGs retailers in Vancouver, WA NBA Car stereo as they had just finished installing one in a 2011 Camaro, and I was pretty impressed with the sound, not blown away but impressed, but again it was someone else's car so I really didn't feel comfortable cranking it up or changing his stations. Seeing it in action was enough for me to decide this is what I wanted for my car minimal trunk space lost and good quality sound out of it as well. The system is not cheap but honestly priced about the same if you go into a car audio store and get quoted a two amps a 4 channel and a mono a sub with box plus the custom wiring and installation fees to integrate with a new car. I had mine installed today and the package comes with EVERYTHING you need for installation and even comes with a touch screen remote for LPL control and other adjustments as well as voltage and temp displays. The install was done by Kingpin Car Audio in Willsonville and took just over 2 hours to have them install it. All I have to say is WOW I was blown away with how much bass I got out of a single 10" sub in the trunk with the rear seats up in normal position. It sounds incredible, I use to listen to my system at 25 on the factory deck but wanted more but would distort, now I set it to 20 it is loud, clean and clear it really blew my initial expectations away and I couldn't be happier with it. Does this system beat my 300ZX with 3000 watts and Ti Elite speakers and subs? No, but I also had at least quadruple the amount of money invested in that system and there wasn't even room for my laptop bag in the back. So to wrap it up, I was disgusted with my stock stereo system before and now all I want to do is drive around so I can crank the tunes in my Badass Camaro with it's Kickass sound system!
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
99 Grand Am GT, Xenon & Ti
71 K5 Blazer, Ti Elite & Xenon
07 Avalanche (still stock, I think wife won)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: 2012 Camaro RS/SS + PG iSeries

Post by stipud »

Kick ass! Its nice having a usable trunk AND good tunes, eh? Have your cake, and eat it too ;)
todd217

Re: 2012 Camaro RS/SS + PG iSeries

Post by todd217 »

stipud wrote:Kick ass! Its nice having a usable trunk AND good tunes, eh? Have your cake, and eat it too ;)
that's why i'm going ib in my new mustang with 2 idmax 12s powered off the rsd1200.1 that i just got of james.