Audi S4 Avant - Alpine, PG, Focal, ID (pic heavy)

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
paintguy

Re: Audi S4 Avant - Alpine, PG, Focal, ID (pic heavy)

Post by paintguy »

And I also have plenty of things left over that I can't seem to find a place for any more...
Drock

Audi S4 Avant - Alpine, PG, Focal, ID (pic heavy)

Post by Drock »

Looking good. All these pics make me want to get my install started. I've been waiting and collecting gear for 20 years.
paintguy

Post by paintguy »

I forgot to update this topic!

I've now finished off the A pillar builds. I won't bore you with all of the actual build pictures but they can be found here if you want. They are a sealed airspace of 0.5 Litres, heavily lined with a cocktail of resin, chopped strands and lead shot to give a nice solid enclosure. They are also bolted firmly to the metalwork of the car.

It's now up and running, if not entirely finished. Lots of things still to do like making grilles, spicing up the door builds a little, adding lighting etc, but at least I have something to listen to after 2 years!!
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Very nice work!!!
2003 Saab 9-3 Vector: Faital, Dayton, JBL,+ DIY mixed up mess
1979 Porsche SC: Kenwood X-994, X100.2, RSd6.5cs
1971 Chevy C-10: wind noise
paintguy

Post by paintguy »

Currently working on making the door builds a little more interesting and incorporating grilles.

I'm also having thoughts about including some subtle lighting in the doors. I wasn't going to go all fancy like that, but what the heck, I can always switch it off if I don't like it :lol: