Though I would post some of my Phoenix Gold stuff.

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Basshead89

Though I would post some of my Phoenix Gold stuff.

Post by Basshead89 »

This is installed in my 1992 ford F-150 XLT.
I installed the front stage in 1998. There is an XS 2500 Powering these and the XS Coax that are in the door. (the coax are modded- de-soldered the caps on the back and am using a pair of XS component set X-overs)

I didn't take pics of the doors today... I was too lazy to take the doors apart!

Also some pics of what I will be putting in the kicks.

Here is what I have in mind for the kicks!

Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Re: Though I would post some of my Phoenix Gold stuff.

Post by Bfowler »

the xs set was the first components i ever bought! so hot
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

I wanted a set of those zp series components when they came out...think I bought some polk/momo's instead (cheaper)
Basshead89

Post by Basshead89 »

jbob0124 wrote:I wanted a set of those zp series components when they came out...think I bought some polk/momo's instead (cheaper)
I have had both the ZeroPoints and the Momo's in the past...I still give the ZeroPoints the upper hand. :-)
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Sorry to chime in so late, but I remember the ZP's back in the day, loved them. Where I'm from a lot of people loved the Boston Acoustic Sets back in the day ('94/95) and I think the ZPs were better.

I Bought a set of the ZP5's that were displays only, behind glass, and had never seen power, about a year ago. They didn't come with the grilles though, but I got lucky and found a set a few months ago.

On the other side of things, I have a set of the XS 6's. Got the from B^ (I think :oops: ) minus the tweets and got lucky there to and found a set on ebay. Now the set is complete. Never heard them though. My thoughts were, I love the looks of the entire XS line (subs, amps, comps) and loved the Sapphire series 6's I had back in the day so the XS's HAD to sound at least as good.... So why not?
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998